1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

How many miles did you run today?

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by MonkeyFresh, Jun 25, 2008.

1. rjmaiorano

rjmaiorano Senior member

Puddle hoppin my 5 miles of trail today. The recent rains completely overwhelmed the soil here.

2. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

5.3 miles of steady easy running, then picked up the little one and did another mile with him in the morning. The Mrs. did her own mile afterwards.

Her company is sponsoring a team run for a major 5/10k in Feburary, so we're all registered. This should be fun.

3. whacked

whacked Senior member

^ Good for you, on both counts.

Didn't run today, played 1.5 hours worth of ultimate frisbee instead. 3 steady miles before going out last night. Perhaps 6 or 7 tomorrow.

4. jwied82

jwied82 Senior member

3 miles last night in the rain in 18:10. ended up pretty wet and a little cold, but it felt good anyway.

5. SmoothRocket

SmoothRocket New Member

Treadmills = evil

8+ miles. Sierra foothills trail race in the rain. You won't melt out there, get off the dreadmill and get outside and run.

6. clarinetplayer

clarinetplayer Senior member

Treadmills = evil

8+ miles. Sierra foothills trail race in the rain. You won't melt out there, get off the dreadmill and get outside and run.

I like this--"the dreadmill"!!! Yes, it truly is.

7. clarinetplayer

4 miles this morning in under 30 minutes. Temperature at 33 degrees. It almost felt too hot--and I was dressed very lightly (or so I thought.) I'm so used to running in the low 20s that I need to get acclimated to the warmer temps. At least most of ice is gone. This won't last.

8. mylesmyles

mylesmyles Senior member

Ran the Manhattan half marathon yesterday in 1:25:27. Weather could not have been better.

9. Fatto_in_Italia

Fatto_in_Italia Well-Known Member

Ran the Manhattan half marathon yesterday in 1:25:27. Weather could not have been better.
    That's pretty fast! Congrats!

10. mylesmyles

mylesmyles Senior member

That's pretty fast! Congrats!

Thank you - it was a PR. Looking to break 1:25 when I run the NYC half in March.

11. the_state

the_state Senior member

damn you guys must really be great shape... i'm trying to lose about 30 lbs or so this year, just started going to the gym and ran about 2.5m on the treadmill. did a hell of a number on my shins. i'm gonna try and increase the run to about 45 mins soon, but my legs always start to hurt after 5-10 mins on that thing...

12. moolala

moolala Senior member

damn you guys must really be great shape... i'm trying to lose about 30 lbs or so this year, just started going to the gym and ran about 2.5m on the treadmill. did a hell of a number on my shins. i'm gonna try and increase the run to about 45 mins soon, but my legs always start to hurt after 5-10 mins on that thing...

losing weight = high intensity workouts. You don't need to be doing long distance running, especially if you're shins are hurting. Lift weights, low weight, high rep, and give yourself like 60 second rests in between sets.

13. clarinetplayer

Congrats!!!

14. rjmaiorano

rjmaiorano Senior member

Congrats on the PR.

15. rjmaiorano

rjmaiorano Senior member

On the page back we all mentioned our displeasure towards the 'dreadmill'. If your new to running and overweight, ease yourself into it. If you shins are getting ruined calm it down. In the mean time take advantage of other things at your gym.

16. Scrumhalf

Scrumhalf Senior member

Use the elliptical, the bike, the rowing machine, etc. if running bothers your shins. There are a lot of ways to do cardio without the impact of running.

17. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Congratulations - that's an excellent time!

18. washy21

washy21 Member

A seven mile hilly; it was a good one and at 48 years young I'm getting back to a respectable time and weight which is making me feel confident again.

19. washy21

washy21 Member

Great run. That's around about my PB for a half; or it was 10 years ago. My best 10k is 34.35 when I was 36 but now I just train for fun: I'm getting too old [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

20. quevola

quevola Senior member

Awesome job Myles!!!

10 miles last night in 1:21:08. I've been working on my negative splits. I hope it pays off in 2 weeks when I attempt a sub 4 hour 26.2.