How many miles did you run today?

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by MonkeyFresh, Jun 25, 2008.

1. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

No doubt... I was using a chainsaw, hatchet and bow saw for the work I was doing yesterday. We lost about 8 branches from trees due to the snowstorm the other day. Fortunately, no serious damage! One of the branches partially landed on a fence from about 40 feet up!

Today, I just need to mow the lawn. That's a bit less intense with a self-propelling mower.

2. FlyingMonkey

FlyingMonkey Senior member

I'm away at a conference right now, so I get to run in a place with actual hills, which is great. However unfamiliar routes also mean you run the risk of getting lost... which I duly did. In the end, it just meant 2-3 extra miles (I'm in the UK so I'm using miles...) and as I was running easy today that wasn't a problem. 10 miles rather than 7 - nice!

3. jbarwick

jbarwick Senior member

4. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Senior member

I'm headed to Denver in a couple of weeks for a conference and am looking forward to finding some hills. I need to start looking online to see if there are any good trails or routes I can get to relatively easily from my hotel since I'll be car-less.

5. brp2

brp2 Senior member

Denver itself is pretty flat and not that close to the mountains. There's a nice enough path by the river through town, though. A local may know more than me -- maybe @Fueco?

As for hills, did 7.5 miles on the trails this morning with about 1200' of gain. Perfect weather -- 60s and overcast. Ran with a friend, which was nice, and most of the pace was conversational aside from the really steep stuff.

6. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

Are you going to be downtown? I don't think there are many hills super close to there. There are certainly paths, especially along the South Platte River. If you can get up around Morrisson, there are some trails around the Red Rocks Ampitheatre that should be a handful... There are also some great trails up around Golden, and Boulder of course... My running has been exclusively around Boulder and up in the mountains.

7. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Senior member

Yes, I'll be downtown. My wife's cousin and the cousins husband are both in the Air Force at Buckley in Aurora and I was in the Marines. I might try to incite some inter-service rivalry and make them come pick me up so we can go running out near Red Rocks (I think I was looking at some of those routes online a couple of weeks ago (I think I was also looking around Lookout Mountain and Green Mountain Parks).

8. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

Just dropped my car off at the Subaru dealership for service and went for a quick 2.5 mile run along South Boulder Creek with faster intervals thrown in. Three days to race day and I'm finally feeling fast!

9. FlyingMonkey

FlyingMonkey Senior member

Another 10 miler yesterday, this time intentional. Having a day off today as I travel down to my folks' place.

10. hirschlederne

hirschlederne Senior member

https://www.strava.com/ will tell you everything.

11. hirschlederne

hirschlederne Senior member

12. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

Quick 1 mile run to shake the legs out for race day tomorrow!

I did 1/2 mile easy, then 1/4 mile at race pace, then 1/4 mile easy. Good times!

13. jbarwick

jbarwick Senior member

6.4 miles yesterday just beating a downpour then another 7 miles today.