1. I'd like to announce that animated avatars are now available again. You'll have to reload, but they are once more possible.

We've been doing a ton of work behind the scenes. The site load speed was already under 1/2 of what Huddler's was, on average, and we installed cloudflare, which means that the site should be even faster. A ton more will go on in the weeks and months to come, and some things will be more visibile, and some less.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

How many miles did you run today?

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by MonkeyFresh, Jun 25, 2008.

1. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Senior member

8.8 miles at a 9:00 minute pace today.

The weather was great for this morning's run - mid 60s, no humidity, sunshine, light breeze... All spring up until this point, even if the rest of the day was nice, the mornings have been in the 30s or 40s and overcast. All of a sudden, spring has sprung this week. It definitely makes it easier to drag myself out of bed to go running at 5:15 a.m.

2. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

Meanwhile, Spring likes to remind us that its still Spring sometimes... I'll be running in this later this evening since I was too lazy to wake up at 6:00 this morning to go run.

Screen Shot 2017-05-17 at 7.37.53 AM.png

3. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

4 miles on the flats.

I got my run in just before the storm hit. 45 minutes after I finished, we were getting pelted by 1/4 inch hail.

4. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Bearded Prick Dubiously Honored

5.1 this morning. It was an odd run. My "natural" pace was actually faster than it has been, but I couldn't sustain it, so my average pace was at the slower end of my range. The 3.5 hours of cycling on Monday likely took its toll, but I think I'm also coming down with a cold. We'll see.

5. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

4 flat miles on soggy trails. Temperature was 41, and most of the 9" of snow got has melted off.

6. brp2

brp2 Senior member

8.2 miles this morning. First half had the toddler in the stroller; second half was on my own.

7. jbarwick

jbarwick Senior member

7 miles today. Went out too hard for the heat.

8. brp2

brp2 Senior member

4 miles today. Felt really hard. At least there was great weather when I went out. The rain had stopped but it was still cool and a bit overcast.

9. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

Just finished five miles. I negative split the first four miles, with the fourth being a comfortable tempo pace (8:20), then took it easy for the last mile. The weather was just about perfect, with temps in the mid to upper 50s with light rain for parts of it.

https://www.strava.com/activities/999727958

Last edited: May 22, 2017 at 6:49 AM
  10. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Bearded Prick Dubiously Honored

Ran Bay To Breakers yesterday with both of my sons. Neither had trained, but both finished. My 10 y.o actually finished pretty high in the under-11 group overall, and the 12 y.o. did really well on the Hayes Street Hill segment for his age group. I let him sprint ahead and told him to wait by the side at the top.

I spent the better part of three hours racing the car with temps in the mid-90s at Thunderhill on Saturday and got back to the city after 11 p.m. I was happy to have the excuse of running with my boys to account for my decidedly lackluster performance. :)