1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

How many miles did you run today?

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by MonkeyFresh, Jun 25, 2008.

1. dhc905

dhc905 Senior member

Ran the Hot Chocolate 15k yesterday, not a great time (~1:18 with 2 minutes to let my GF catch up so we could cross the line together), but was a good distance run. Great course, and I think I ate 8 snickers afterwards.

2. quevola

quevola Senior member

I've cut back to running 3 days per week for the past 2 weeks while increasing my tempo. My knees are responding great and my times are improving!

Last night: 13.1 miles in 1:48:12 [​IMG]

3. The Swedish Chef

The Swedish Chef Active Member

The standard lunch time loop, although with the luxury of a training partner today.
    10.16km, 46:16, ave H/R 146, max H/R 168

4. clarinetplayer

clarinetplayer Senior member

4 miles with a stop every mile to do 10 pushups & squats. Temp: 32 degrees, no wind (Thank God!) Beautiful moon in the West. Running in the early morning is inspirational.

5. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

6.7 miles in 50:50. Felt stronger than usual this morning, woke up before the alarm went off. A good run.

6. mylesmyles

mylesmyles Senior member

3.8 miles in 24:53 this morning. Went out without my gloves and def could have used them.

7. Abe-Froman

Abe-Froman Member

Probably only around 8Km and no watch tonight, 2nd run of the winter so not timing yet...next week. Been road riding all summer and missing it badly....damn these dark nights!

8. leftover_salmon

leftover_salmon Senior member

2 miles in 17:40. I hurt my knee a few weeks ago and am working my way back up to my standard 5k in 28 mins (and then hopefully more). Shin splints have killed me; I was only able to run 1.5 miles and 1.7 miles with pain on Sunday and Monday. Took yesterday off and was able to do 2 easily today but didn't want to overexert. Wondering if I should run tomorrow or just bike.

9. airblaster503

airblaster503 Senior member

5 miles this morning in 38 min. Coming back from nearly a month of not much running due to shin splints and felt pretty good today. Ran a 5k 2 weekends ago and blew up with shin splints after the first mile and hobbeled my way through through the 2nd before the pain subsided and I was able to run the last mile and a bit in under 6 min. Final time on the 5k was 20:38

10. clarinetplayer

4 miles in 25 min. Wind chill was 32 degrees.

11. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

6.7 miles in 52:40 - took it a bit easier this time around.

12. airblaster503

5.3 in 39 min

Quick question for those of you who post in this thread regularly. Do you use any sort of training logs? Or use a device such as garmin or nike +?

13. clarinetplayer

4 miles. Temperature: 25 degrees. It is time to get the leg warmers out.

14. mylesmyles

mylesmyles Senior member

7.3 miles in 46:58 yesterday after work. Weather was brisk in Cental Park, peferct conditions.

15. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

5.3 miles in 42:51, not a bad run today.

As for using training helps: Mrs. T keeps buying Nike + for me, but I've never been motivated to use it. Also have two Polar HRMs but never quite got into them. I do use a watch with lap timer.

16. airblaster503

Alright well since I did get one response I thought I would just throw this site out there that I use. It is pretty simple, you just put in your mileage and time and weight and it gives you your calories burned and average pace during your run. It then saves all your workouts so you can track your progress. And if you want to get more technical with it you can sync it with your nike + or garmin, or they even have an app that uses your iphone as a gps. The site is www.strands.com and all of their services are free.

17. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

^^ you know, I just like to run, and hate to over-think it. I tried HRM training but it made me slow and tentative in my runs, and my heart never really slowed down much anyway.

The only real aspect of training that I really regulate is keeping a ceiling on my weekly volume, because I can't really afford to have something go sideways on me this close to race-day.

18. mylesmyles

mylesmyles Senior member

I run with Nike+ (though I wear Saucony sneakers, they make them with a pouch for the chip now) and I have to say it's been very helpful for me in tracking my speed and miles I log each week. The new version also reminds you how much (or little) you've been running which is a helpful motivator.

If you go running on the same basic routes on a regular basis, you can always use www.mapmyrun.com to see what the distance is and track it that way.

As for using training helps: Mrs. T keeps buying Nike + for me, but I've never been motivated to use it. Also have two Polar HRMs but never quite got into them. I do use a watch with lap timer.

19. YYZ

YYZ New Member

I'm definitely ready to start running and it must start soon. Nothing fits anymore and I'm not planning on a having wardrobe overhaul. What do I need to get me going? Any advice?

20. why

why Senior member

I'm definitely ready to start running and it must start soon. Nothing fits anymore and I'm not planning on a having wardrobe overhaul. What do I need to get me going? Any advice?

Legs. Get started. Like...now. You know how to run. Go run. Ask questions about details when you know what the details are.