• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

Spatlese

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm nowhere near the runner many of you are, but I finally discovered bodyglide recently. It does my feet (and nipples) good.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
5 miles today...
IMG_0364.jpg
IMG_0365.jpg

EEric22

Reaction score
Played Ultimate Frisbee for 2 hours. Maybe I should get a pedometer for ***** and giggles.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Four miles, beautiful weather for it too..

quevola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by EEric22
Played Ultimate Frisbee for 2 hours. Maybe I should get a pedometer for ***** and giggles.

I love my pedometer and wear it everyday. Got 43,438 steps when I ran my marathon in May.

Ran a 10k today in the mud.

Mudrun080.jpg

8bpc

Reaction score
I recently started running outside again and when I got up to 3x a week I started to notice what feels like some tightness in the knee. No real pain, just the knees feel a little tight and/or odd walking around later or the next day. Shoes are new and I'm doing some stretches before and after the run. Anyone experienced anything like this?

rjmaiorano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ I'm not sure what the issue may be; but in addition to stretching do a real light warm/cool down jog.

Taxler

Reaction score
20 uphill sprints- 50 degree incline, 75 yards, 100% effort.

LesterSnodgrass

Reaction score
From my apartment in Logan Circle passing the White House, around the Lincoln Memorial, Jefferson Memorial, along the water for a bit, up around the Capitol and back. Forerunner 305 says exactly 8 miles.

I need to start snapping shots like NYR -- what kind of camera do you bring with you when you run? How do you carry that thing?

Taxler

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
How often do you incorporate that into your runs? Will you jog later?

I do it once every 7-10 days. It should stress both your strength and endurance to the point where more running isn't possible or necessary. If not, you need to find a bigger hill or do more sprints.

gamelan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
12 in 1:42:26 on Sat morning.
3 mile walk this morning.

-Jeff

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LesterSnodgrass
From my apartment in Logan Circle passing the White House, around the Lincoln Memorial, Jefferson Memorial, along the water for a bit, up around the Capitol and back. Forerunner 305 says exactly 8 miles.

I need to start snapping shots like NYR -- what kind of camera do you bring with you when you run? How do you carry that thing?

Just an i-Phone...started taking it (a phone) when my wife was preg the first time...now this has my music too. You would have some great shots!

Today 8.5 miles, this morning...haven't stopped runnning around (errands and family stuff) since...bout to pass out.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics