1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

How many miles did you run today?

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by MonkeyFresh, Jun 25, 2008.

1. DNW

DNW Senior member

5k run in Rock Creek Park, by the National Zoo. I love this park.

2. spencers

spencers Senior member

forgot about yesterday. 7.06mi. caught a break in the weather

3. Flambeur

Flambeur Senior member

4.4 being very careful, trying to make sure my shin is ok... so far ok but very tight in shins/calves. Hopefully will be able to run on thursday again.

4. Parker

Parker Senior member Dubiously Honored

wow, lots of runners here. I did the usual 3 miler with lots of SF hills in between.

5. Boston Litigator

Boston Litigator Well-Known Member

6. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

5.3 miles in a quck 41:15 - was running late this morning.

7. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

Little over 5 in 50 mins in high humidity. If it's like this on race day I'm effed.

8. gamelan

gamelan Senior member

8 in 1:09:04. but if you take out my 20 minute first two miles, that's 6 in about 49 minutes. (yeah, i'm stretching it but it doesn't look like i'll make my 1:50 Half in two weeks)

-Jeff

9. Lifetime

Lifetime Member

Ran 4 miles this morning.

10. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

8 in 1:09:04. but if you take out my 20 minute first two miles, that's 6 in about 49 minutes. (yeah, i'm stretching it but it doesn't look like i'll make my 1:50 Half in two weeks)

-Jeff

How did you feel while running those last six miles? Easy? Comfortable? about to fall over? Short of breath? Did you keep something in reserve? That's important because if those last six were a comfortable pace - and you could have kept going - then the last five aren't going to break you at the same pace. 8-minute miles for 13.2 puts you across the line at mid-1:45.

How about your course? Hilly? windy? Again, those matter. Did you run alone today or in a group? How about trailing someone slightly faster? Chasing a slightly faster runner for a stretch can help you shave a few seconds off and even rejuvenate tired legs, provided your mind is ready for the added stress.

Anyway, keep a positive attitude, don't let a tough run get you down. Get plenty of sleep, do a bit of speedwork in the next week, and you should have a reasonable shot at 1:50 or better.

11. sho'nuff

sho'nuff Senior member

running hurts my knees alot so i do stairmaster in substitution. safer for me physically and also safer than running in the streets of santa ana at night.

i try to do 45 minutes daily at a good level where i will be drenched with sweat after 20 minutes but these days after i was sick i completely stopped.

been about 3 weeks now with no activity.
    that with the same amount of eating i gained a few to blimp up a bit but hopefully i can start getting in the roll of doing stairmaster.

12. Mr T

Mr T Senior member

4.5 miles Monday, 6 miles today, 1/4 mile intervals tomorrow on a track. I hope to break through the 10 mile mark Sunday - more challenging for me than I anticipated.

13. The Swedish Chef

The Swedish Chef Active Member

Standard lunchtime run. 10KM in 43:16 today, windy and bordering on tights and jacket weather

14. Boston Litigator

Boston Litigator Well-Known Member

15. Alter

Alter Senior member

About 5km...first run in around 4 months. Gotta get back into it.

16. Rolf

Rolf Well-Known Member

Ran some intervals today, 12x 15sec sprinting 15sec walking/slow jog.

17. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

around 6.7 in 54-ish. Felt my form wobble a bit, so I've got to pay more attention to that.

18. rjmaiorano

rjmaiorano Senior member

0. Do nothing friday night... hold a glass of scotch with friends. Race tomorrow early. Will report back.

19. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

^^^ good luck!

4 miles, didn't really have it this morning, planning on 9+ tomorrow morning, though.

Did some core work on a stability ball afterwards, which was a nice change of pace.

20. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

11. Army ten miler next Sunday.