• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
3.25 this afternoon, first miles in two weeks. Trying to ease my way back in after the groin strain. Inconclusive...

I've upped my target for the year to 1200 miles from last year's 1000.

BillP

Reaction score

3.25 this afternoon, first miles in two weeks. Trying to ease my way back in after the groin strain. Inconclusive...

I've upped my target for the year to 1200 miles from last year's 1000.

That's great. Just a few miles is all you need after an injury.

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
about 3 after weeks of holiday egg nog drinking... but a beautiful day for it here in LA.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It was 7* on the drive in. May run tonight but I honestly don't have warm enough clothes to run in other than some tights.

wingin' it

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Had warm clothes, but 2 degrees and negative wind chill left me on the treadmill. 4.5 miles.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
10kms with some speed play this evening.

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This morning, the wind chill temperature is -35 degrees. Over the past two days, we have received a snowfall of 17 inches. I have spent at least 8 hours shoveling snow. Surely, that must translate into some kind of mileage? :D

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
8 hours! CP I think you need to invest in a snowblower! I was going to run this morning, but the weather is a little too cold here today. Not nearly as bad as what most of the rest of the country is experiencing, but I'm so used to warmer weather and I simply don't own the type of clothing necessary to run in temps in the low 30s with wind chills in the low 20s.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

This morning, the wind chill temperature is -35 degrees. Over the past two days, we have received a snowfall of 17 inches. I have spent at least 8 hours shoveling snow. Surely, that must translate into some kind of mileage? :D

We had about 14" at my house and I probably put in just a bit less time shoveling snow than you did. It wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have a circular driveway or if my OCD would allow me to not shovel the front part. Heck, both my wife and I drive 4wd vehicles and don't even need the driveway cleared (but I like to get out there and do it because it's some nice quiet time to myself with a beer or 3). I think shoveling counts as a pretty good cross-training workout.

This morning it warmed up a bit compared to late last night so I got in a bit under 5 miles. I was honestly surprised to not see another runner out there.

Running in temps like that probably wasn't really the smartest idea in the world, but I was bundled up enough that the only cold spots I experienced were my forehead and the back of my thighs. And in the end, I really just wanted to be able to say that I ran in these wind chills.

Last edited:

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

We had about 14" at my house and I probably put in just a bit less time shoveling snow than you did. It wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have a circular driveway or if my OCD would allow me to not shovel the front part. Heck, both my wife and I drive 4wd vehicles and don't even need the driveway cleared (but I like to get out there and do it because it's some nice quiet time to myself with a beer or 3). I think shoveling counts as a pretty good cross-training workout.

This morning it warmed up a bit compared to late last night so I got in a bit under 5 miles. I was honestly surprised to not see another runner out there.

Running in temps like that probably wasn't really the smartest idea in the world, but I was bundled up enough that the only cold spots I experienced were my forehead and the back of my thighs. And in the end, I really just wanted to be able to say that I ran in these wind chills.

This morning, at 5 a.m., the windchill in "Lake Woebegon" was -35 degrees. The cold doesn't bother me, but I do heed warnings about dangerous conditions. I took the garbage container to the curb and was bundled up to the hilt.

My new "running shoes":

Last edited:

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Still cold here so I am going to run tomorrow and go to the gym tonight for weights. Haven't ran for like a week but it has been a nice rest.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
3 this morning. Only mild awareness/discomfort in the injured area.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
6.25 this afternoon on my favorite trails.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads