• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That is some visible stripping....did you happen to buy it online?

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

This morning, in the dark, 5 miles. Saw a rabbit, a deer, a cat, and a group of runners. Not sure which startled me the most!
Man! This reflective stripping stuff really works!

That is some visible stripping....did you happen to buy it online?

Agreed. I have some striping that doesn't seem nearly as visible as that. Where is that from?

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The reflective striping is on the "Ultimate Visibility Top" which is made by Sport Hill. http://www.sporthill.com/products2011.php?ProductGroup=1520

I purchased my top from LL Bean which carries their products. Besides being a great garment for running in dark conditions, it is a great wind blocker, also--as advertised. Very comfortable to wear. The inside has a thin, reverse fleece.

Last edited:

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The reflective striping is on the "Ultimate Visibility Top" which is made by Sport Hill. http://www.sporthill.com/products2011.php?ProductGroup=1520

I purchased my top from LL Bean which carries their products. Besides being a great garment for running in dark conditions, it is a great wind blocker, also--as advertised. Very comfortable to wear. The inside has a thin, reverse fleece.

Damn! I was looking at those yesterday and almost bought one but changed my mind and decided not to and yesterday was the last day of their 20% off of their high visibility outdoor gear.

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Damn! I was looking at those yesterday and almost bought one but changed my mind and decided not to and yesterday was the last day of their 20% off of their high visibility outdoor gear.

I used my LL Bean points and purchased a new headlamp: NO MORE SPILLS ON THE HARD SIDEWALK WHEN RUNNING IN THE DARK

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
3.5 "miles" on the elliptical this morning. I'm going to stick to the machine for the rest of the week.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
4.8 miles this morning. I wanted to get in about 2 more but I got a late start because my daughter woke up coughing about 5:00 a.m. and I wanted to wait until I knew she was back to sleep before I left. It was my first run since the marathon and my legs felt terrific. I wanted to run yesterday morning but my flight got in so late on Monday that I decided to just sleep in as late as I could instead.

wingin' it

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
0 miles today. Taking 2 full weeks off from running to let the legs recover. Its been a long year of racing and training and they need a break. Will get back into it around Vets Day and then ease back into things. Just over 1600 miles for the year so far as of end of Oct. and been racing / training for almost 1 year straight.

3.5 "miles" on the elliptical this morning. I'm going to stick to the machine for the rest of the week.

Was it you that is running NYC marathon? A few days off at the end of the training cycle before the race will not hurt you at all to rest an injury or illness. I took an extra day for the marathon and 2 extra days for the ultra during the taper periods and saw no ill effects. McMillian's quote is pretty good. "Being the fittest spectator at the race sucks". Get healthy.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
7 miles this evening in the Hokas.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
0 miles today. Taking 2 full weeks off from running to let the legs recover. Its been a long year of racing and training and they need a break. Will get back into it around Vets Day and then ease back into things. Just over 1600 miles for the year so far as of end of Oct. and been racing / training for almost 1 year straight.

Was it you that is running NYC marathon? A few days off at the end of the training cycle before the race will not hurt you at all to rest an injury or illness. I took an extra day for the marathon and 2 extra days for the ultra during the taper periods and saw no ill effects. McMillian's quote is pretty good. "Being the fittest spectator at the race sucks". Get healthy.

That's a big year! Yes, I'm running NYC on Sunday. Not planning to run. Running, dammit. :D

jazzylook12

Reaction score
I don't know the actual that how many miles i have to run to keep me healthy but usually i run 3/4 miles per day.

Thanks
Farabi

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got in 6 miles last night. It is two loops on my neighborhood roads. Decided to throw in some intervals after reading about them yesterday and the positive effects. Since this was my first set I did 4x1 min each lap. So 1 min ON, 1 min OFF. Felt good! The only issue was that all my intervals started on the uphills.

As I work in longer intervals I will have to adjust my run logistics to stay away from the busier street that I usually have to stop at. I will work my way up to 5x4min and 4x12min just need to figure out if you do 12 on 12 off or less rest is taken. My only history with speedier runs were fartleks where I would just do 30-45sec bursts every 5 min.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
3 miles earlier to go pick up a candle for the Jack-O-Lantern at RiteAid...

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Didn't get a run in yesterday because it was super windy and looked like it could turn into a miserable rainy run.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads