1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

How many miles did you run today?

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by MonkeyFresh, Jun 25, 2008.

1. blahspam

blahspam Senior member

6 each Thursday and Friday and 18 pacing miles yesterday (last legs of the Chimera 100). Pacing was pretty slow going but felt good to get some serious climbing in.

1 person likes this.
  2. jbarwick

jbarwick Senior member

5 miles yesterday. Legs felt tired after 2 hard runs the previous 2 days.

3. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Senior member

4. jbarwick

jbarwick Senior member

7.7 miles this morning.

5. Wing0

Wing0 Well-Known Member

To any of the experienced runners on this tread I have a question. I have been running pretty often for the past year and a half and about mid last month I started to have ankle and knee pain during and after my runs. Went and got checked out after a race and I was told my have IT Band issues. So this month I have been taking it slow and not doing any races (Which is killing me) But I am still having pain. I even went out and bought new shoes with better support in them as I have only had 3 other paid in the past year and a half (roughly worn for 1,500 miles so 500 miles each)

6. hirschlederne

hirschlederne Senior member

@Wing0 you're not drinking enough (or nothing at all) during running?

7. Wing0

Wing0 Well-Known Member

Yeah I honestly don't take water or anything with me during runs anymore. Yesterday after my post I tried to knock out 10 miles in prep for my half marathon next week and my time wasn't what I was wanting at all

8. hirschlederne

My usual track is slightly less than 2 km and I probably drink a quarter liter of water+HEED in advance and I'll drink more water in the run, too. If you go 20 kms without water at a decent pace, you're insane in my opinion.

9. blahspam

blahspam Senior member

10 miles without water isn't too bad. I suffered IT band issues a few years back and it was incredibly frustrating. It eventually subsided but not sure which of the treatments helped (if any). Good luck in the upcoming race.

4 mile shakeout run Tuesday and an uptempo 9 yesterday.

10. jbarwick

jbarwick Senior member

5 miles this morning. I don't drink water unless it is in the humid Tennessee summer. I can go a little above 10 without water when it is cooler but a sip here and there is preferred.

11. blahspam

blahspam Senior member

6 miles of hills today (with more walking than I care to admit)

12. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

Another 6 mostly flat miles this evening.

13. blahspam

blahspam Senior member

Today was to be a rest day but a shoe delivery from Running Warehouse forced my hand. 10 hilly miles on my first ever pair of Nike running shoes/

1 person likes this.
  14. wingin' it

wingin' it Senior member

Rolled ankle a few weeks ago. Wasn't getting better so took 5 days off. Will stick w treadmill and ease back into things for winter to have ankle healed.
    5 miles yesterday
    8.5 miles today.

15. cocostella

cocostella Senior member

4mi at 8:00/mi. First run in a week, after driving and eating like a pig across the country. Back tight as hell...

16. jbarwick

jbarwick Senior member

7.7 miles yesterday. I am having some foot pain near my toes which I think is not running related but effects running so I am going to elliptical for the week to give it some rest. I think I bruised it last weekend.

17. wingin' it

wingin' it Senior member

18. jbarwick

jbarwick Senior member

So my foot pain feels like there is a rock under my toe area that just sort of stabs my foot while walking. It is slowly going away which seems to be from not running on it. Has anyone else had something similar before?

19. hirschlederne

The usual 1870 m in a really good 08:31 despite the cold air. Trying out a Fitbit Surge HR and the Fitbit app. It didn't record my heart rate but at least I found out the walk to the track is around 5 kms long.

20. wingin' it

wingin' it Senior member

4.8 miles today w about 1000 ft gain.

Depends on where you mean for the pain. Check out metatarsal drop or Morton's neuroma and if that is it, we can talk.