1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

How many miles did you run today?

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by MonkeyFresh, Jun 25, 2008.

1. cocostella

cocostella Senior member

9mi at 8:30/mi in mid-day heat. Was rough.

2. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Senior member Dubiously Honored

3.3 this morning. Before the hot. Because f*** this heat.

3. FlyingMonkey

FlyingMonkey Senior member

Okay... after struggling for the better part of a year with injuries (several stress fractures), then depression, several false starts, then more injuries (sports hernia and knee problems) and then a general disinclination to give any kind of a shit about competing, I have finally started training again.

This next couple of months is going to be mainly about weight-loss and baseline fitness. I have designed myself a mixed program of free weights, cycling, swimming and running, starting last weekend. I'm generally doing 3 runs a weeks, 2 of 6.5km and one of 10km, which I will begin to increase to 6.5k intervals, 10k and 21k respectively I move past baseline fitness to getting back towards race fitness, and then more if things go okay and I decide to build towards marathon again (which was where I was going before I was so painfully interrupted).

It's really no fun at all at the moment, but I don't expect it will be again for a few months.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2015
    2 people like this.
  4. jbarwick

jbarwick Senior member

I was wondering where you went FM! Good to hear you are back at it.

I got in some flat land miles over the weekend in Ohio and back in TN. Today seemed like the warmest 5am run of the year. I need to put in some proper runs for a trail half marathon in October.

1 person likes this.
  5. cocostella

cocostella Senior member

Good luck with the comeback FlyingMonkey.

1 person likes this.
  6. cocostella

cocostella Senior member

7. jbarwick

jbarwick Senior member

4.5 miles on the trails.

8. blahspam

blahspam Senior member

This week has been absolutely blazing (100F+ with 55% humidity), but I've managed to get a couple of slow runs in (5, 6, and 8 miles).

Heat wave is slated to break soon... it's only supposed to get into the "upper 90s" today.... hooray?

9. wingin' it

wingin' it Senior member

8 miles on Wed, 7.1 miles Thurs

10. jbarwick

jbarwick Senior member

11.25 miles on what is known as the RWB (Red, White, Blue) Challenge locally where you pick the loop directions on each of these three trails and try to get a best time. I first heard about this earlier in the year and wanted to try it but the summer came too quickly. On a 90*+ day I was able to limp through in 2 hours flat. Today and buddy and I attempted it in the 50* weather and were able to knock off 19 minutes to get down to 1:41. We walked the hills so we think we can get into the 1:30s pretty easily but 1:20s would be a push.

Though a lot of running stores and groups keep track of RWB efforts, the best I have seen/heard about is a 1:14 effort. The trail has at least 1,800 ft. of gain depending on method of calculation so it is by no means flat.

My legs are beat!

2 people like this.
  11. wingin' it

wingin' it Senior member

5.3 miles.
    Nice run JB.

12. sugarbutch

4.27 on the track yesterday morning before racing commenced

[​IMG]

13. wingin' it

wingin' it Senior member

3 hrs 15 min on trails. Watch works at times. Middle of nowhere. No walking, lets call it 17.5 miles give or take a mile.

1 person likes this.
  14. wingin' it

wingin' it Senior member

15. wingin' it

wingin' it Senior member

8 miles w/ speed work.

16. jbarwick

jbarwick Senior member

1 mile yesterday then the gym. Today will be some trail miles but in my old shoes. My knee pain was sticking around Sunday and I think it is that my Inov-8s are too minimal though a correct drop for me. I don't have time to enjoy my runs when my knee is at the front of my mind.

I am still running in NB 890s for the road and my legs feel fine. I dedicated a pair of 890s to the trails and they sort of fell apart but if they work, I may end up switching back.

17. sugarbutch

18. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

Just did 4.25 mostly on paved trails. I'm just about fully acclimatized, and am back to the weight I was back in March when I ran my marathon PR!

Last edited: Sep 17, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  19. wingin' it

wingin' it Senior member

5.6 miles.
    JB, what style of inov8? Also look at north face single track hayasa II shoes. Great cushion and light. Not real technical but good for long trail runs.

20. jbarwick

jbarwick Senior member

I have Terraclaw 250s. North Face shoes are hard to find in Nashville even with a North Face store in the mall. Montrail had some good cushion but were super narrow in the toe box. A buddy let me try on some Hokas and they seemed fine but they were a road version and not trail shoes. Nashville people seem to love their trail shoes even though it is nothing technical that road shoes shouldn't accomplish.

Got in 7 miles on the trails last night in my old 890s. Felt great.