1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

How many miles did you run today?

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by MonkeyFresh, Jun 25, 2008.

1. wingin' it

wingin' it Senior member

Treadmill, one of the few benefits.

2. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

20 miles that felt like torture. Must be making me stronger, right?

1 person likes this.
  3. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Senior member Dubiously Honored

That's what we tell ourselves...

2 people like this.
  4. wingin' it

wingin' it Senior member

11.2 trail miles today. Nice weather, 33 degrees and some tromped down snow on the trails made a nice run.

5. blahspam

blahspam Senior member

Somewhere between 23 (according to google maps) and 26 trail miles (according to other runners who run a similar route and how my legs feel).

Tons of elevation and 30+ mph headwinds made the return trip extra challenging. As much as I hate the winds, it made for an extra beautiful day (approaching the turnaround)

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  6. sugarbutch

7. mauser

mauser Senior member

Just did six miles. A bit of snow on the ground, thus a bit slippery all the way.

8. blahspam

blahspam Senior member

9. wingin' it

wingin' it Senior member

5.1 miles at easy pace today.

I added a 47" TV to my 10.5" android on the treadmill. While I hate the Tmill, it does make things quite a bit better.
    [​IMG]

Blah - Great pic and trail to run. Looking forward to spring.

1 person likes this.
  10. sugarbutch

Blah, that looks fantastic.

wingin', all you need to make that complete is a kick-ass fan to blow the sweat away.

11. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

5.1 miles today, felt much better than when I did the half marathon last weekend. I stopped at a park halfway through the run to do about 10 minutes of pullups and dips at a park that had workout stations. It was a nice way to break up the run, I think I'll have to run by that park again.

1 person likes this.
  12. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Senior member

I got in about 5.5 miles this morning. It was 6º and my phone/music shutdown around the halfway mark.

I hate the crowds of people at the starts of bigger races. If I cannot start in one of the front corals (or if there aren't separate corals), and the run is at least 10k, I will usually just go pretty slow for the first half mile or so before I bother trying to get around the slower folks.

As for walking around to much the day before, I think that can be a huge contributor to a less-than-optimal performance. The day before my first Marine Corps Marathon I probably walked at least 5 miles in DC and the next morning I was just beat. It ended up being my worst marathon to date.

I wish we had a park with those workout stations around me because I would do the same thing. I've made do with pull-ups on some playground equipment but that's about all I've found. Once a week in the spring and summer I'll stop at every playground or park that I pass on my run and do 10-15 push-ups. They really add up after a while.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2015
  13. sugarbutch

4 miles this morning, all running. Felt pretty good and wasn't painfully slow. Just slow. :D

14. blahspam

blahspam Senior member

7.5 miles along Cherry Creek in downtown Denver. Didn't find the altitude to be a problem surprisingly.

15. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

The more I think about it, the more I think all the walking the day before did play a big part in my fatigue and cramps on race day, because every other run before and since that race I haven't had those same issues at all.

I recently just discovered one park that had the workout stations along one of the routes I run, but I'm definitely glad I did. It's actually in a gated community, so I can't drive there, but if I run past it, it's right next to the sidewalk so I can sneak in through the pedestrian gate that stays open from dawn to dusk. It's a really fun way to break up the run and I plan on using it every time I run past it now. I used to be better at pullups, so I want to get back to where I used to be with those.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2015
  16. jbarwick

jbarwick Senior member

4 miles on the treadmill after taking time off for vacation. Was rough...

17. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

7.75 miles this evening with some tempo work thrown in.

18. wingin' it

wingin' it Senior member

19. sugarbutch

Another 4 miles this morning

20. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

7.75 miles at a 9:24 pace with just over 1000 feet of climbing. The climbing was almost all in one steady climb from 1.3 to 3.4 mile mark. Good times on my favorite trails!

1 person likes this.