1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

How many miles did you run today?

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by MonkeyFresh, Jun 25, 2008.

1. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

5 miles for me today on seriously waterlogged trails. I've been cooped up in the house with a cold all week, and it felt great to get outside and play!

2. jbarwick

jbarwick Senior member

2 miles on the treadmill today. Felt ok and will slowly work my way back up.

3. wingin' it

wingin' it Senior member

3.6 mile easy run today

4. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

6.2 flat gravel miles today.

5. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

10.1 today, only about a month left before my half marathon

6. jbarwick

jbarwick Senior member

2.5 miles today on the treadmill then 100 floors on the stair master. Knee seems to be holding up.

7. wingin' it

wingin' it Senior member

8. jbarwick

jbarwick Senior member

4.0 miles on the treadmill.

9. LeeJason

LeeJason Well-Known Member

Trying to transition to running outside while at home over winter break.

10. jbarwick

jbarwick Senior member

3 miles on the treadmill at a 10/min mile pace. Thinking of transitioning to the high school track that is closer to home to at least be outside for flat runs instead of stuck in the gym.

11. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Senior member

Over the last week or so I've been doing the majority of my runs late at night (after 10:00 p.m.) instead of my typical 5:00 a.m. Either time is dark out but it's much different running late at night. I live in a pretty dense, walkable area with a busy retail downtown and at 5:00 a.m. the only people out are the occasional other runner and delivery folks. At 10:00 p.m. there are people out for walks still, folks going in/out the movie theatre or restaurants, lights are on inside people's houses... it's a totally different world and a nice change of pace.

Last night I got in a speedy 3.0 miles (under 22 minutes which is nice and quick for me). Today it was back to an a.m. run though because I knew my evening schedule wouldn't allow one tonight. 3.8 miles with some intervals at the end.

1 person likes this.
  12. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

I ran 6 hilly and muddy miles in the rain yesterday afternoon. Such fun!

1 person likes this.
  13. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

Had a day off work today so I just got in 6 miles before lunch. Similar to MP's post above, it was fun to switch it up and run at a different time of day, but it felt much tougher for some reason, I guess I'm not used to running with the sun out. It felt pretty warm as well, which probably slowed me down a bit.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2014
  14. wingin' it

wingin' it Senior member

15. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

Another 6 miles this afternoon on muddy trails. The rain didn't really start up again until just as I was finishing.

16. jbarwick

jbarwick Senior member

4 miles with some intervals this morning.

17. Michigan Planner

I won a free entry into the 2015 Düsseldorf Marathon. Now it's time to start watching airfares. Thankfully, I have until the middle of February to decide.

4 people like this.
  18. LeeJason

LeeJason Well-Known Member

Do you guys run with your phones and track your distance/speed with apps like Runtastic? I like to do that, but whenever I go into forests/parks, the GPS gets screwy :(
    Also, which do you think is easier, running outside, or on a treadmill? Thanks!

19. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

I usually run with a Garmin Forerunner, but lately I've been boycotting it in favor of running for the pleasure. I tend to run at the same 3 or 4 places, and know most of trails well enough to know where to turn around, or which loops to do, given whatever distance I want to run. I would prefer being sanded to death with a hand sander by an angry roided-up Eastern European hammer thrower than run on the treadmill.

20. Michigan Planner

I use RunKeeper and the majority of my runs are in Metro Detroit, so even if I am in the forest or a big park, I still get pretty good GPS reception. I've noticed in the past that if I turn off the WiFi, there is a bit less interference and that helps out. If I run in the few very hilly areas, or right in downtown Detroit near all the big buildings, the GPS can lose it's signal (same goes for if I run at the beach house on Lake Huron because the phone will bounce signals back and forth between towers in the U.S. and Canada).

I actually think a treadmill is easier, but after about 4 miles or so in one shot I start to get bored. I would much rather be running outside.