1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

How many miles did you run today?

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by MonkeyFresh, Jun 25, 2008.

1. jbarwick

jbarwick Senior member

My plan was 11, ended with 9 and the last 3 miles were walking in 40* temps and rain. I need to bite the bullet and visit a doctor but I am in that weird limbo of confirming insurance enrollment at work after switching from my wife's.

2. mylesmyles

mylesmyles Senior member

Grinded out the NYC 60K on Saturday. Managed a 4:58:20. Hopefully this time when I say I'll never run this race again, I mean it. Road ultras are not for me.

2 people like this.
  3. FlyingMonkey

FlyingMonkey Senior member

It's the one concern I have with doing marathons too. I'd much rather be doing off-road races the more the distance goes up. Well done, though!

Last edited: Nov 17, 2014
  4. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

7 miles this evening at about a 9:03 mile pace. Just cruisin'. =)

5. wingin' it

wingin' it Senior member

6. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Senior member

It was 12º this morning. I don't recall it being this cold this early in a long time.

I still managed to get in a 12 mile run (a mile for each degree?) and only had to stop to scrape the frost and ice off of my scarf twice.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. jbarwick

jbarwick Senior member

4.6 miles this morning at 19*. MP looks more bundled up than I was.

8. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

@Michigan Planner, good thing it wasn't 1 degree?

9. Michigan Planner

It was -2º with the windchill here this morning. I have no scientific proof to back this up but the scarf seems to help trap a bit of warm air between it and my mouth/nose so I'm not constantly breathing in the frozen air. That combined with the fact that I don't like those caps with the built in masks make it look like I'm extra bundled up. In reality, I could have taken the knit cap off after a few miles but I didn't feel like messing around with my headlamp while it was still really dark out. I did however take off my big knit mittens midway through the run.

1 person likes this.
  10. Michigan Planner

Sprints!

11. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

I did my fastest half marathon in sub zero weather. Super fun stuff to run in!

I woke up on Thursday to -7 temps (Denver). Now I'm safely back home in California.

12. Michigan Planner

My pace always slows down considerably in the winter. I think I consumed so much sugar on a daily basis that my blood has turned into molasses and it just doesn't like to flow when the temps dip below freezing.

13. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Senior member Dubiously Honored

3 miles at 8'30". Felt faster than that which I guess highlights how my conditioning has suffered in the past month. 40 minutes on the 'liptical last night.

14. FlyingMonkey

Barcelona! A hilly 12km up and around Montjuic, the Botanic Gardens, the Miro Foundation and the Olympic Stadium all before sunrise today. Excellent.

1 person likes this.
  15. jbarwick

jbarwick Senior member

I was too lazy to get out for a run today. I have been getting some terrible sleep so it makes not running easier.

16. FlyingMonkey

Sorry to hear it. I find that insomnia (which I suffer from on-and-off) doesn't affect me physically only mentally, i.e. I can run, but I'm stupid. At least the running seems to clear my head for a while...

17. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

5.1 miles for me this evening.

18. mauser

mauser Senior member

Did 13.5 miles yesterday evening - hadn't ran that long in months and now the legs are ... umm ... sore ... But, feeling good, feeling good!

1 person likes this.
  19. jbarwick

jbarwick Senior member

Got in 1-2 miles last night (need to measure out that short route) then 4.6 miles this morning.

Talked to a Physical Therapist about my knee last night. Couldn't reproduce any pain and couldn't find any issues with my knee movement or any kind of scraping/grinding of bone on bone contact. Said my left leg was more muscular than my right leg and that my left leg might be the longer of my two legs. Recommended some stretches and a knee sleeve for a few weeks to see how it reacts.

I may end up with a gym membership for some basic strengthening as I do nothing right now.

20. wingin' it

wingin' it Senior member

6.1 total miles today. Ran in am and then did a workout later on the incline trainer. While I am going to spend more time then I ever have on a treadmill this winter, I'm trying to keep it interesting. Did a workout this evening and got in 1227 ft gain in 30 min. My quest to become a mountain goat this winter. Should help the trail races next year.

Awesome, great to run in new places overseas. Always exciting.

2 people like this.