• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

Spatlese

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
7 miles on a treadmill while watching Detroit / Chicago. Now I just need to channel that outdoors. And faster.

indy116

Reaction score
Originally Posted by AlanC
A side question, does anyone have a recommendation for decent (but not overly expensive) headphones for running? When it gets warm the earbuds get sweaty and slip out of my ear.

I use the Sony S2 Sports Clip headphones. I put them on and don't touch them until I take them off at the end. I clip the little clip on to my collar. I've had them come out when I've tried them for weight lifting, and I don't know that the sound is anywhere close to audiophile quality, but they're perfect for my outside running near streets (can still hear cars).

Spatlese

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by indy116
I use the Sony S2 Sports Clip headphones. I put them on and don't touch them until I take them off at the end. I clip the little clip on to my collar. I've had them come out when I've tried them for weight lifting, and I don't know that the sound is anywhere close to audiophile quality, but they're perfect for my outside running near streets (can still hear cars).

Simailr vein, I just have this inexpensive Sony model. Sound quality is fine for a workout.

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One...
frown.gif

rjmaiorano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've used these for about the past 2 years: http://www.sennheiser.com/sennheiser...nes_sport-line

They are not the most discreet in the world, but very very durable. I beat the hell out of them and they hold up. Water proof also (as in I have sweated like hell in them and ran a lot in the rain, no submersion). Cost about 50-60 bucks but the sound quality is on par with other headphones in that price range.

Young Pro

Reaction score
New personal best today, 10kms (~6.21 miles) in 46:20. Another 1:20 to go until my 45-minute goal.

Young Pro

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Young Pro
New personal best today, 10kms (~6.21 miles) in 46:20. Another 1:20 to go until my 45-minute goal.

10km in 45:57 today, less than a minute to go to reach my goal.

GeoPa58

Reaction score
Local traditional 3.8 mile Memorial Day Race. 24:34, some hills.

jwied82

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Young Pro
10km in 45:57 today, less than a minute to go to reach my goal.

find a 10k road race. chances are you'd run faster than 45 minutes in a race situation.

SUPER K

Reaction score
find a 10k road race. chances are you'd run faster than 45 minutes in a race situation.

some track work is also helpful to work on speed

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads