1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

How many miles did you run today?

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by MonkeyFresh, Jun 25, 2008.

1. jbarwick

jbarwick Senior member

I was addicted to the elliptical when trying to overcome the stages of grief after a tough point in life. I would get on that thing and just hammer for an hour. I agree that the sweat piles up even with a fan.

1 person likes this.
  2. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Senior member

For me it's the step machine. I can get on that thing for 10 minutes or 100 minutes and will be nothing but a puddle of disgusting stinky sweat when I am finished. I usually feel sorry for people who get on the one next to me.

2 people like this.
  3. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

4 miles this morning. I had a late meeting last night, scarfed a triple bacon pretzel burger from Wendy's at 10pm, then woke up at 5am and had my fastest run in months. Felt great! Maybe I need to do this more often...

4. wingin' it

wingin' it Senior member

5. clarinetplayer

clarinetplayer Senior member

At 5 a.m., the temperature was 33 degrees, and I ran 6 miles. If I lived in Michigan's Upper Peninsula, I could say "runnin' in da moonlight. You betcha!" Gorgeous moon! I really wanted to run more.

6. wingin' it

wingin' it Senior member

7. Beatlegeuse

5 miles Friday morning at 8:26 per mile, 2nd fastest run ever for me at that distance, at least according to RunKeeper.

8. wingin' it

wingin' it Senior member

9. clarinetplayer

clarinetplayer Senior member

Saturday morning, the temperature was 29 degrees. 5 miles. A wool cap and gloves provided all the extra warmth I needed.

10. jbarwick

jbarwick Senior member

Got in 6 miles this afternoon then had 4.5 miles Thursday night.

11. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Senior member Dubiously Honored

16.4 that was supposed to be 20. This training cycle has been kinda heartbreaking. I am coming to grips with the reality that finishing NYC strongly is no longer the target. Simply finishing has become the goal.

12. jbarwick

jbarwick Senior member

Sorry to hear SB. Maybe race day will surprise you when you have all those people around you.

1 person likes this.
  13. Beatlegeuse

8.4 this morning. It was supposed to be 8 but I must have miscalculated my route and I ended up doing a little more by the time I got home.

14. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Senior member

9.8 yesterday in a very crisp but gorgeous morning.

15. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

This is so true. I don't use the elliptical often but when I do I sweat like a mofo which is unusual on its own. Today however, was an absolutely perfect afternoon and I did about 4.5 miles in my new Asics. Felt great all around!

16. mylesmyles

mylesmyles Senior member

Ran the SI half on Sunday in 1:25:28 - second half was much slower than the first and I had stomach issues from about mile 5 on.

SB - As for NY - just feed off the energy - it's done wonders in pushing me along in the past.

3 people like this.
  17. sugarbutch

Thanks for the encouragement, fellas. My concern is that last year didn't go so well, and this year's training has been worse. I haven't been able to get to 20 miles, and now I'm into my taper. Debating whether to try again for 20 this weekend or just stick with the taper.

18. FlyingMonkey

FlyingMonkey Senior member

you aren't the only one suffering of late, SB. I've been having ankle problems as a result of slipping and turning my ankle at work (yes, leather-soled shoes), and it just doesn't seem to be getting much better. I ran 10k on Saturday and I am supposed to start going out training with my club tonight... I think it's ligament damage.

19. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

Five miles just before sunset yesterday. Hopefully we're in the last warm spell of fall. I'm ready for colder weather!!

20. sugarbutch

Sorry to hear that, Monkey.

The return of Fueco! I second your call for the return of "real" Bay Area weather. If I wanted this balmy stuff, I'd live in SoCal.

1 person likes this.