1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

How many miles did you run today?

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by MonkeyFresh, Jun 25, 2008.

1. mylesmyles

mylesmyles Senior member

Yes - I'm nyc based, got on a NY team last minute and thought it would be fun. It's a beautiful part of the country.

1 person likes this.
  2. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Senior member Dubiously Honored

6.8 miles this afternoon with 8 striders. I need more sleep. Earthquakes at 3:30 a.m. aren't helping. :D

3. sugarbutch

4. mylesmyles

mylesmyles Senior member

Got in a tempo session this morning in CP - 50 minutes at 6:26 pace for about 7.7 miles. Was depleted at the end of the run.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  5. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

I survived my third "iron distance" triathlon on Sunday at Challenge Penticton (BC, Canada). This was my slowest, but given how uninspired I've been to train this year, I did fine. My overall time was 13:57 (PR (on the same course) is 12:51. My run split was 5:20, but I'm happy to report that I ran the second half 36 minutes faster than the first. :)

I think I'm going to retire from triathlons. ;)

2 people like this.
  6. sugarbutch

7. sugarbutch

Congrats, Fueco! Even at a reduced pace, that's certainly a solid day's work.

8. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

4 miles this morning, glad I was finally able to sneak a run in during the work week

9. jbarwick

jbarwick Senior member

4.5 miles this morning. Recovery weak so pace was slow and I donated blood Monday evening so I am still a little lacking on pep.

10. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Senior member

After yesterday mornings 6 mile run, I went for another 6 mile run in the evening. I had to dodge so many bicycles, dogs, cars, other runners, etc. that I felt like I was playing Paperboy on my old Nintendo.

I was supposed to get out for another short run this morning. I got up early enough, wandered around the house and started to get ready and then decided to just go back to bed. I think I made the right choice. :nodding:

1 person likes this.
  11. jbarwick

jbarwick Senior member

Once I am out of bed I can't go back to sleep but sometimes I will wake up in the middle of the night, decide I don't want to run, and change the alarm time for an extra hour of sleep.

12. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Senior member

I usually wake up to run around 4:15 or 4:30 so it's still basically the middle of the night for me. I went back to sleep and was still able to get another 2+ hours of sleep.

This morning I decided to get back out there and gave running a big High-Five! :crackup:

[​IMG]

Had I known my route was going to look so much like a hand, I would have added in a proper thumb.

2 people like this.
  13. jbarwick

jbarwick Senior member

8.6 miles in this morning. Nothing eventful other than I it felt a lot better than yesterday's morning run.

14. sugarbutch

8 miles yesterday afternoon

15. jbarwick

jbarwick Senior member

Didn't run with my group last night...just wasn't feeling it. Will get in some miles over the Holiday weekend (here in the US) then start my final 3 big weeks before taper. Should average about 60 miles those 3 weeks and taper is 12 days.

16. sugarbutch

4.1 miles this morning

17. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

I actually ran four miles this evening... After parking at Crowsnest Pass (BC/Alberta border on Highway 3), I ran some on trails, some on gravel, some on train tracks and some on the highway shoulder. It felt good to stretch the legs out!

1 person likes this.
  18. jbarwick

jbarwick Senior member

I got in 13 miles this morning. My legs weren't feeling the hills so I may branch out to the streets tomorrow. May still be a little fatigue from donating blood which was probably not the best idea during training.

19. sugarbutch

Pretty miserable 13.7 yesterday. Went out for 15, but never really got in the groove. Beautiful day, though!

20. FlyingMonkey

FlyingMonkey Senior member

21k (13 miles) mostly cross-country in the rolling Hampshire Downs (that's the original Hampshire rather than the 'New' one...) on Saturday. Deliberately easy in terms of pace, I was really just seeing if I could do the distance without my hamstring playing up, since I have a half coming up this Saturday. I think it will be okay if I don't push it. Spent yesterday in planes, trains and automobiles coming home, which really didn't help though..