• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

wingin' it

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
7.6 miles today in a Winter Rudolph race. Training this year has been great as I knocked 40 sec per mile off my pace from last year.
Medaled in AG, had a great time. Top 10 finish.
The race was 7.2 miles, but me and another guy were in 4th and 5th coming around a corner that the volunteer standing there just clapped as we ran by...we were supposed to turn. As we came within vision of a busy intersection and no race staff, we turned around and went back. We ran about a third of a mile longer than rest of field. So next year, I know that I have a +2 minute lead on myself for a PR.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
4.5 this morning followed by 1.5 hr of hot yoga. Turned out to be a great combo.

Last edited:

matty long legs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First day back after taking three weeks off from my first half. Nice and easy four miles. Been having leg issues and finally made a doctor's appointment to get it checked out. Also just registered for the DC Rock & Roll Half. Anyone here doing that?

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This morning, in the dark, in the fog, about 5 miles. The fog, of course, was the weather condition, not my state of mind. At least not today.
Incredible, it is December 3, and the temp at 5 a.m. was in the 40s.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got in 7 miles this morning before the sun was up and 6 miles early yesterday morning.

I have 156 miles to run this month in order to meet my goal of 1,000 miles for the year. I will not be too upset if I don't make the goal though as I didn't actually set it until early August (when I had about 500 miles down).

momentoftruth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I salute all of you morning runners (said in Bud Light radio-ad voice). There is nothing that makes me shudder much more than having to exercise in the morning. Which is probably why I never do it. Now if only they organized races to be run at night...

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I salute all of you morning runners (said in Bud Light radio-ad voice). There is nothing that makes me shudder much more than having to exercise in the morning. Which is probably why I never do it. Now if only they organized races to be run at night...

I think--actually, I know--that I run best in the early morning. Great way to start the day. And, breakfast sure tastes better afterwards.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Definitely morning for me. If I don't run before breakfast, there's a 95% chance I won't run at all. Speaking of not running at all, I thumbed back through my running history and found that I ran only 29.5 miles in November. This was a month which included a half-marathon. Yikes.

Back at it this morning, though: 5.5

about11oclock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
7.5 miles just now. Perfect autumn weather.

Oh, I finished 2nd in a 5k with an extremely weak field this weekend. 17:58.

wingin' it

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
7 miles of trail running today. Helped build some trails and do trail maint this weekend with some Earth Riders (mt bikers) in a local park. They were able to share the trails and maps with me enough that I felt pretty comfortable running myself without knowing exactly where I was. Great time and fun trails. I'm really pumped to have another 12 miles of trails to run in one area and more depending on how you arrange the run less than 15 minutes from the house.

7.5 miles just now. Perfect autumn weather.
Oh, I finished 2nd in a 5k with an extremely weak field this weekend. 17:58.

Congrats on the race and placement. Sub 18 is a great time and something to be proud. No need to qualify it with "weak" field. A race is a race.

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This a.m., about 4 miles in a light rain. Here it is December 4, and the temperature at 5 a.m. is 60 degrees. Unbelievable!

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

This a.m., about 4 miles in a light rain. Here it is December 4, and the temperature at 5 a.m. is 60 degrees. Unbelievable!

The thermometer on my front porch read 64º as I stepped off at about the same time this morning. I figured I probably will not get another morning this nice for running for a while so I kept on going and ended with a couple of blocks short of an impromptu half marathon.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics