1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

How many miles did you run today?

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by MonkeyFresh, Jun 25, 2008.

1. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

Damn that's good. A bit warmer down here this afternoon… I'll be lucky if I do half that in the next hour or so!

2. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Senior member Dubiously Honored

As long as you get out there!

1 person likes this.
  3. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

Will do… Thx SB! :happy:

1 person likes this.
  4. FlyingMonkey

FlyingMonkey Senior member

Going to be off camping for the next three days, which means 3 mornings of trail running on proper rocky, forest trails. Nice.

2 people like this.
  5. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Senior member

11 miles at a good clip this morning.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2014
  6. clarinetplayer

clarinetplayer Senior member

5 miles, this morning. Lots of fog and hills while listening to and getting caught up with Dirt Dawg running podcasts.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2014
  7. jbarwick

jbarwick Senior member

Another 8.6 miles this morning...reversed my usual route then a group run of 4.5 miles tonight. Hopefully I can make it there as traffic is terrible now that school is back in session. A lot of housewives back to driving their kids across town to prep school.

8. jbarwick

jbarwick Senior member

Got in my 4.5 miles last night and the group was rather thin. A bigger stage race starts today mixed with this free Thursday night concert downtown all summer. I also have a feeling the 90*+ weather had something to do with it. But the run was fun and paced myself with another guy. We eased off the pace due to the heat and had a nice conversation. I like this run!

9. sugarbutch

4 this morning.

I'd like to find a group for running, but everything is on the other side of town

10. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

First time(s) on the beach (with shoes on). Loved it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  11. jbarwick

jbarwick Senior member

22 miles with better hydration. Heat advisory this afternoon so I will be skipping yard work this afternoon!

12. FlyingMonkey

FlyingMonkey Senior member

Well, my three days of trail running didn't go so well... it was very, very wet this last few days in Ontario and wet rock and wet tree roots are a recipe for sprained ankles, which is exactly what happened about 10k into my first run. In any case, my wife decided that we should head home early because relentless rain is not conducive to fun camping with a 4-year old... my ankle isn't too bad and I should get out again tomorrow for a light run to test it out.

13. sugarbutch

14 miles in what passes for heat here. Due to some conflicting family stuff, my only option was to run mid-day. Despite staying pretty well fueled and hydrated, when I stopped for a red light about a quarter-mile from the end, I got light-headed and had to sit down for a couple of minutes. That was a first for me, and I have zero desire for a repeat performance.

14. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

Another work week where I couldn't find any time to run, so I did 5 on Saturday and 8 today. Hopefully this coming week I can at least get one run in.

15. jbarwick

jbarwick Senior member

FM - Never fun when weather interrupts vacations, let alone some good trail running.

SB - Hydration is tough to nail down. Good thing you didn't pass out.

I got in 22 miles Saturday then a quick 11 yesterday. Sauna like outside as it has been wet and hot.

1 person likes this.
  16. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Senior member

SB - I've never had that happen to me during a run, but I have had it on occasion when I go to a spin class in the morning and then work out for a bit and go into the steam room. I'm usually pretty well hydrated but I've noticed that it's much more likely to happen if I haven't had anything to eat beforehand. Now I know if I am going for a morning like that I'll have something at home (usually toast with peanut butter) and a GU (or something similar) between the spin class and the weights. That, along with the constant water, usually staves off the lightheadedness.

14.2 miles this morning. It wasn't too hot, maybe 68º, but probably 100% humidity. The next couple of days are supposed to be very muggy and very hot here in Detroit.

2 people like this.
  17. mylesmyles

mylesmyles Senior member

Ran 4 legs of Hood to Coast this past weekend for a total of just uinder 23 miles. Really fun race, though the logistics are a challenge. Even so I hd a great time. Managed to run all my miles at sub 7 pace which was the goal. Much easier to do in the first leg than the last.

1 person likes this.
  18. sugarbutch

Aren't you NY-based? Did you go to Oregon just for this race?

19. jbarwick

jbarwick Senior member

Random updates and musings for the running crowd:

-Bought a Ultimate Direction AK Vest which is waiting at home currently. Plus this will allow for some of the longer routes I want to try around town where water stops are not possible.
    -Been averaging 45 miles a week since signing up for this 50K. Once the kinks got worked out, haven't had any running issues in over a month.
    -Debating on some dedicated trail shoes as when it is slightly wet, my current shoes don't offer much traction.

1 person likes this.
  20. clarinetplayer

clarinetplayer Senior member

We, in Michigan, have been spoiled by a summer of fairly low humidity and rather cool temperatures. That has changed in recent days. I'm not used to coming into the house after a run all sweaty and drippy.