1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was. I'd like to keep you abreast of the improvements we've made over the past few days.
    @notification emails have been added, in response to user requests

Attached images are now Full Size by default

Users are now all allowed three (3) links in their signature files,

SSL certification is now in place so you can all browse securely.

The server has been reconfigured so that site speeds will improve.

Notice: Right now the site is slow because we are fixing all the images from the past 4 months. Many of you noticed that these were missing, and we are fixing that problem now. Unfortunately, it is taking up a lot of resources and causing the site to be slow.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

How many miles did you run today?

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by MonkeyFresh, Jun 25, 2008.

1. offincohere

offincohere New Member

your metabolic rate makes slower transitions, particularly as your activity level falls off. Morning runs elevate your metabolic rate which stays somewhat elevated for a number of hours post-run - provided you don't gorge yourself afterwards.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 30, 2014
  2. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Senior member

Interesting introduction to the thread...

3. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Senior member

I did 13.5 yesterday morning and 3.2 today. Both runs were extremely muggy. I was supposed to do an evening 5k yesterday but it was so muggy, and I was having too much fun hanging out with my daughter so I sat it out and stayed home instead. Tomorrow morning is looking to be another muggy run but then some relief is in the forecast.

I was hoping to get 200 miles again this month but that doesn't look like it's in the cards. I'd need to put in a 20 miler after work tonight.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2014
  4. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Senior member

Still some great mileage, MP. I got in just under 130 miles this month, which has gone a long way toward to getting me back on track to get my 1200 miles this year.

5 for me this morning. Took forever to get my breathing right. Eventually, I tried singing a song to see if I could enforce some discipline, and it seemed to work.

5. wingin' it

wingin' it Senior member

4.3 mile easy run today. Shortened about a mile due to illness,90 degrees, and humidity. For an easy run, I was working my ass off at a pretty slow pace. Figured pushing wasn't getting me good training.

Thanks for the update on the Altra's Blahspam. I see quite a few Lone Peaks at races. May give them a shot. Haven't done much w/ zero drop so would be interesting to try. I'm pretty sold on the NF Hayasa's (also on clearance) for rocky technical long run races and Inov8's for most everything else. The Asics Gel Fuji racers (if the last fits you) are a very fast light shoe w/ some padding. For a tame trail 50 mile or less, they are really nice and light.

Some gaiters have the Velcro on the inside of them, some do not. The Velcro works well to keep the back side secured if you don't have a loop going under the shoe. I wear a pair of them on every trail run.

6 month end point = 935.4 miles YTD.

Just signed up for the Dances w/ Dirt 50K to pace a friend on his first ultra on July 12. Pikes Peak in August. A bit of rest and who knows what for the fall. Probably try to find one more in the Northwood's area of MN/WI/MI.

2 people like this.
  6. Michigan Planner

8.5 miles this morning at an 8:10 pace which is much faster than I normally run before 6:00 a.m. Fresh month fresh legs?

I'm chalking it up to the fact that I went for a short walk last night about 20 minutes before bed so I woke up a bit more loosened up than usual

2 people like this.
  7. jbarwick

jbarwick Senior member

"Slept" in today as I had a crappy nights sleep. I may suck it up and run this evening.

8. jarude

jarude Senior member

Anyone else here use voodoo floss? I've been wrapping my ankles and calves before running and it does a great job of loosening me up and preventing that ankle burn for the first few kms.

Did 13km in 1:15 last night - about 5:45/km average. Pace dropped near the end, but it felt good to keep it sub 6 for so long.

9. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Senior member

I did 7 miles for the Cup (USMNT) today. Felt good to push the distance a bit.

10. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Senior member

9 this morning with the middle 7 around half-marathon race pace. Actually a bit too fast, to be honest, but I'm kinda at the mercy of my GPS, and its estimation of my pace can be so variable over the course of a run. Same thing happens with both my Garmin and the Nike+ app on my iPhone. In fact, a couple of times recently, the two devices have disagreed by as much as 1'50"! What am I supposed to do with that? :confused:

11. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

4.5 this morning. My RunKeeper app bugged out or the first half mile and thought I ran 0.5 already when I had only really gotten about 0.4. I knew something was wrong when after 5 minutes it told me my pace was like 7:30, when I knew it was probably closer to 9:30 at that point.

12. Michigan Planner

4.3 miles this morning back on the treadmill.

13. jbarwick

jbarwick Senior member

Got in my 8.6 miles this morning. Legs were peppy after a good sleep. I have been stretching my Achilles and using a foam roller to loosen up my calves before running and everything is feeling better.

I am dreading a treadmill this weekend. It is that or 2 straight weekends of flatland running and I need some vert for my training.

14. wingin' it

wingin' it Senior member

6.4 easy miles this morning.

15. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

Intervals today. Lesson 21/30 of my 10 km schedule. My first 10 km is getting nearer :)

Last edited: Jul 2, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  16. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

3.2. First early morning run I've taken this summer because it's getting far too hot to go in the afternoon. Hoping to make more of a habit of it--I am a morning person naturally.

17. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Senior member

5.26 miles this sweltering morning

18. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Senior member

6.5 this morning from the Mission to the ballpark and back.

I'm confronted this weekend with the prospect of a 14 mile run up in Napa. The combination of much warmer temps than my usual and finding a suitable route in an unfamiliar area are kinda stressing me out.

19. blahspam

blahspam Senior member

8, 7, 6 (miles) the last 3 days. Today's was a real struggle ... Legs like jello and a sharp pain on the top of my left foot (possible due to laces being too tight).

Thinking about taking tomorrow off to recover and go a bit longer on the 4th.

20. jbarwick

jbarwick Senior member

I don't like the feeling of not having a route either. Anything on mapmyrun you could use to find a route?

I always take Mondays and Fridays off from running. Breaks are nice.

As for me I got in 4.6 easy miles this morning. It was cool out instead of super humid.