• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
5.5 miles at noon followed by a workout this evening.

js4design

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
20 miles, last long run before pre-marathon taper, @ 8'30" pace. Pretty happy as this was after a long day at work.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Slow 5 miles last night. Tonight I have my first 5K - I ran one a couple years ago but I wasn't really trying for a decent time back then. I'm hoping I can finish in under 27 minutes, which is really slow for most here, but any distance at about 8:30-8:45 per mile is an accomplishment for me :D

loveymiller

Reaction score
Today I almost Run Nearby 5 miles.
biggrin.gif
and i love it.

wingin' it

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
3.4 miles this morning as my last taper run prior to tomorrow's race. I wouldn't call it an awe-inspiring run. Felt pretty rusty but ran well. Weather looks nice and should be good conditions. Hard to believe 16 training weeks are over. Should be exciting.

Tonight I have my first 5K - I'm hoping I can finish in under 27 minutes, which is really slow for most here, but any distance at about 8:30-8:45 per mile is an accomplishment for me :D

Good luck BG. Nothing wrong with that pace or time. You run against yourself and what you are capable of performing. Don't worry about what time others run unless you are trying for an age group medal.

SD1

Reaction score
4 miles yesterday morning. Might try to sneak out for a quick 5K this afternoon.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
4.6 starting before the sun was properly up. Felt fast and like I was pushing hard, but the clock said otherwise. Not slow, but oh, well...

steezy

Reaction score
Today I ran 4km for my fast run. Working my way up to getting a solid 10km time.

Any tips for running 10km would be appreciated as my longest run has only been 8km.

Last edited:

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finished my 5K in just under 28 minutes, pretty close to my goal. I'm used to running with headphones in with an app that tells me my pace, distance, time, etc. so it was really weird running without any of that tonight. I couldn't tell how far along I was or what my pace was, and had no idea of the time until I saw the clock at the finish. How do you guys keep track of that stuff during a race?

I finished in an all out sprint down the home stretch, and still felt like I had a ton of energy, so I probably ran slower than I needed to. But it was good to get some experience in an actual race, and I'm looking forward to improving my time on the next one!

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Beatlegeuse, I have run my last couple of races with my iPhone in my hand so that I could keep on top of my pace. Less than ideal, but better than running blind. If you don't want to do that, you can wear a watch with a timer and have an idea of what your mile landmarks are.

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Beatlegeuse, I have run my last couple of races with my iPhone in my hand so that I could keep on top of my pace. Less than ideal, but better than running blind. If you don't want to do that, you can wear a watch with a timer and have an idea of what your mile landmarks are.

I tend to use a Garmin 410 - excellent bit of kit and the web app does everything the iPhone based things do + heart rate data. Really good stuff in my very amateur opinion..

Charlie

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I tend to use a Garmin 410 - excellent bit of kit and the web app does everything the iPhone based things do + heart rate data. Really good stuff in my very amateur opinion..
Charlie
+1. I use a Polar watch that has all my relevant stats. Works great. I can't run holding anything in my hands.

wingin' it

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ran 26.2 today. Had a great run. Felt strong until about 22 miles into it. Only 1 problem with hamstring seizing up. Was very weird and never had it before. Stopped me cold. Worked it out quickly and back on the course. Finished in 3:33:43. Very respectable for me. 15th out of 98 in AG. Time for a nap and then there are a few 18+ old bottles of bourbon and scotch that are waiting for me to celebrate with them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads