1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

How many miles did you run today?

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by MonkeyFresh, Jun 25, 2008.

1. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Senior member Dubiously Honored

2. wingin' it

wingin' it Senior member

9.6 miles w/ some speed work on Wednesday.

3. sugarbutch

4. wingin' it

wingin' it Senior member

5. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Senior member

5.5 yesterday, 6.5 today. Got these new Adidas Energy Boost 2.0 and they are my favorite running shoes yet. They feel super soft and comfortable, yet not like you're running on a pillow, still responsive. To boot they're not hideous as well.

6. wingin' it

wingin' it Senior member

4.1 today. Big trail training run tomorrow.

7. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Senior member

What do you guys do on your off days from running? I'm totally addicted, but think I should take a day or two off a week.

8. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

10km this afternoon. 69 degrees for those still living in winter...

9. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Senior member

I try to go to the gym on my days off from running and get some time in with the weights, working on my core, possibly a spin class depending on my schedule, and then relaxing in the steam room for a while. If I could go and just sit in the steam room for an hour without feeling like a weirdo, I'd do that.

If I'm taking a day off of running on the weekends, I usually will go for a long, leisurely walk (about 7 miles). I don't think I do that so much for the exercise (although it is a nice way to burn off some energy) as I do for the peace and quiet. I have a 3.5 year old daughter so the rest of my time on my days "off" is spent chasing around after her. Toddlers are a great workout.

1 person likes this.
  10. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

4 miles with the girlfriend :)

11. borderline

borderline Senior member

19.6 miles. It was supposed to be a 30K race, but the course layout made it a bit longer. My longest run ever. Felt generally good!:slayer:

2 people like this.
  12. wingin' it

wingin' it Senior member

Ran a bit over 24 trail miles today. Hit the amount of time I planned to spend on the trail, but not as many miles as the trail not in good condition. It was a very muddy course today and tough slog through it as it is pretty technical to begin with.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I take two days off per week. Usually do a core workout on those days, but every now and then I do nothing. Kinda nice every once in a while.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  13. blahspam

blahspam Senior member

Haven't posted lately. Took a week off to let some weird leg pain to subside. Got in a couple shorter runs this week and did 18 on the trails today. It didn't go particularly well after the time off (brain signed up for more than my legs could handle) but at least I got it done. Trails were in surprisingly good shape considering the recent deluge. Half expected some of the single track to be completely washed out but it was fine.

14. Michigan Planner

I put in 10.4 miles yesterday afternoon and with the sun out and no breeze it was actually pleasant. It was in the mid 30s so it was my warmest run in a while. I did however try running across a snowy field and discovered that the snow was much deeper than I anticipated and sunk in up to my waist a few times. Like an idiot I tried to continue powering through it rather than turn back and go back to the trail. It was slow going and my thighs were killing me at the end but it was definitely fun.

1 person likes this.
  15. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

2 miles today. First run in 5 weeks, since my knee started hurting during my half marathon on Feb 1st. This was tough because I need to get back into running shape, but at least my legs felt good!

16. Michigan Planner

8.6 miles before work this morning.

17. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Senior member

6.2 today. Been trying a new routine where I alternative running about 6 miles with core workouts/p90x-ish stuff as recommended here. It's only been a few days, but I feel great and don't have nagging leg soreness like I was experiencing when running between 5 - 8 miles a day almost every day.

18. sugarbutch

10 this morning. A bit of knee soreness.

[​IMG]

19. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

any of you wear custom orthotics? I've had mine for quite a bit (i have high arches) and after my run on saturday with my fk frees (third run in them), i had a lot of pain in the arch of my right foot (I had to loosen my shoe halfway through the run because they felt a bit tight).

The pain is subsiding so i think i'll be ok but has this happened to any0one else?

20. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Senior member

Do you usually run in such lightweight running shoes? I used to run in frees but had all sorts of problems, so moved to slightly beefier shoes like Asics Nimbus and now Adidas. That said, I guess the orthotics are supposedly to provide a customized solution.

I would just buy the Hoka One despite the hideousness if I were you.

http://www.roadrunnersports.com/rrs/products/HKA102/mens-hoka-one-one-bondi-2/