• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

js4design

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Still looking for any other fueling suggestions that have been successful for any of you. Heard from Sam, but no one else. I know about the gels and shot blocks, but wondering if anyone else has a different plan or carry's perpetuem, sustained energy, or other mix.

i use the shot blocks, i like the black cherry because of the added caffeine.

samblackbones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Never tried those innov 8's but always have been curious.
I like my racing/minimal shoes to have a stiff crispy feel. For marathons I have used the Nike streak III's - a great shoe but the upgrade sucks. I just got the new Nike Flyknit racers which are GREAT feeling but not race tested yet.

For a marathon shoe choice depends on how long you are gonna be out there, and how large you are. I am a bigger guy (6'3'') but hope to be out for less then 2:50 so I can't get away with something as minimal as a true flat but I can roll with a more minimal shoe. Really like those streaks.

AM - 5.5 easy
PM - 10 with 3 warm up
1 x 2000meters meters (516 or so for the mile)
2mins rest
1x1200m (5 min/mile pace)
4 mins rest
1x 2000m (514 first mile then a 71 second last lap)

Felt really good tonight even though it was hot and humid at the track. Hopefully I can pop off a good one at the race on Saturday.

FWIW: Ran in Pegasus 29+ for the warm-up. Nike Streak LT XC for the workout.

about11oclock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sam, switching shoes mid run? You really have the sickness :)

Met a lady who has run 174 marathons lifetime yesterday. She was chubbby. I'm sure that "run" is the operative term.

6 @ 7mm yesterday, 8 @ 7:30 for a little recovery today.

Been on vacation so harder to post but keeping it up. just under 8 weeks until marathon time.

ribkin

Reaction score
running shoe discount at amazon

just kopped a pair of sauconys $20 off

wingin' it

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Never tried those innov 8's but always have been curious.
I like my racing/minimal shoes to have a stiff crispy feel. For marathons I have used the Nike streak III's - a great shoe but the upgrade sucks. I just got the new Nike Flyknit racers which are GREAT feeling but not race tested yet.
For a marathon shoe choice depends on how long you are gonna be out there, and how large you are. I am a bigger guy (6'3'') but hope to be out for less then 2:50 so I can't get away with something as minimal as a true flat but I can roll with a more minimal shoe. Really like those streaks.

I really like Inov-8 trail shoes. They make great shoes for almost condition on the trails. I don't own any Nike shoes. Never found any that fit very well except a pair that was "something" 5 and they are on 9 now. None of the models from 6 on ever fit me well.
Breaking 3 is awesome. Nice job with that time. I started this running stuff a bit late in life and am trying to catch up. 6', 163lbs. Looking to hit about 3:30 - 3:45 this next race in October.

Ran just under 11 miles tonite. Tempo Intervals.
20 minute warm-up run
5 x 1600 @ 10K pace with 2:30 recovery run between each
3 x 200 @ 5K pace with 200 recovery run between each
20 minute cool down run
I hate F'kn' tempo anything. Was 94 degrees when I started and about 86 when I finished.

Ran in Adidas Adizero Hagio's tonite. A great shoe. Relatively light at 6.1 lbs, some nice cushion, and a good grip. 5 mm drop.
No problems running in them, feet felt great, and would recommend at least up to a half marathon.

js4design

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
6.25mi@8'25"/mi and felt good the whole time

Last edited:

samblackbones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Full (or close to full) moon run last night . . . .
7 miles easy

matty long legs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone here used energy gels for their long runs/races? I have my first half-marathon coming up in November and I'm interested in using energy gels for 1+ hour runs. Good idea? You guys find the caffeine in them makes you have to poop? That's my main concern.

mylesmyles

Reaction score
I stick with Gu's for LONG runs, but would probably only take 1 during a marathon.

Been slacking some lately, but got in a good CP run this morning, 5.5 miles in 34:23.

Bill Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I ran 10.5km this morning.

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
5.5 miles this afternoon.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads