1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

How many miles did you run today?

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by MonkeyFresh, Jun 25, 2008.

1. wingin' it

wingin' it Senior member

10.4 mile Christmas trail run. A few inches of snow and the park to myself. Good run.

2. blahspam

blahspam Senior member

Bit over 8 miles first thing this morning. Was so gorgeous I considered doing a second lap but decided it wasn't worth the broken legs I'd have received from mom for showing up late to Christmas brunch.

1 person likes this.
  3. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Senior member

2.1 miles on Christmas Eve and another 7.4 miles on Christmas evening. I'm hoping to get in another 8 miles today before the snow stops but it will probably be another late night run again.

4. jbarwick

jbarwick Senior member

Had a lot of travel in the past 3 days so no running for me. Will try to get out tonight but for some reason I think we have plans. Last year I would run 4 miles at lunch daily over the winter time...need to start that back up as evenings fill up quick.

5. Onetwobit

Onetwobit Well-Known Member

Quite some time since I've updated. I'm up to about 2.5 miles daily. 5k's on the weekend. I'm running at about a 8:30 / mile pace.

But...I had an ingrown toenail removed on Monday so I haven't ran this week. It sucks because I've been off work, but it's okay. Also got a variety of running socks for xmas.

6. blahspam

blahspam Senior member

6.5 miles at lunch today. Feel like I'm back in the groove with my 7th running day in a row.

7. Michigan Planner

8 miles this morning mostly on dirt roads and trails in about 2" of fresh snow, on top of the few inches of old snow and ice that we already had. I tried out the hex-head sheet metal screws into the bottoms of my shoes and they worked great. It took a bit of time to figure out which of my shoes to use. When all of your shoes are zero-drop, or close to it, it's slim pickin's for shoes that the screws don't poke the bottoms of your feet. But once they were in, they really seemed to help out a lot. There were some hills on the trails that were pretty slick last time around and I was able to get traction much more easily today. And I was really concerned about spots where I'd be running on dry pavement but for those short distances the screws were not a problem (though I definitely wouldn't want to run for anything more than a few blocks of dry pavement in them).

8. BillP

BillP Well-Known Member

Nice run of 7.6 miles on new Hoka Stinsons. These shoes are pretty amazing as far as cushioning.

9. jbarwick

jbarwick Senior member

Good to hear they are working out!

I got in my usual 5.9 mile loop before dinner. Tried out my new handheld (Nathan Quickdraw Plus) which worked a lot better than some of the reviews I read. I know I don't need a handheld for a cold short run but I tend to not hydrate enough as is so it helps.

10. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Senior member

Did a solid 7.1 miles today. Was considering pushing it to 8, but had been light recently with the holidays so didn't want to jump straight back w/o a slight curve.

To the person mentioning the ingrown toenail above, I recently started doing pedicures (spa pedicures, really) every month and it's been GREAT. It really alleviated any of my foot problems, and it feels awesome. :)

11. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Senior member

Interesting shoe. I suppose this smacks in the face of the whole barefoot running thing, but the reviews of the Stinsons, in particular, sound appealing. I guess I could get over the looks. :satisfied:

12. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

I just finished my first 8-miler for the day... Back home now to collect my mother in law then head out so she can walk while I do another 8 miles. [​IMG]

13. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

And another nine done... In my normal fashion, the second run was much faster, the last two miles being 40 seconds faster than the average for the rest. Tomorrow I go for big miles!

14. Michigan Planner

6.1 miles last night for day #27 of the December run streak and then another 15.7 this morning for day #28. This morning's run was my longest since the Marine Corps Marathon in October.

1 person likes this.
  15. wingin' it

wingin' it Senior member

20.7 mile trail run today. Nice weather. Was able to wear shorts and long sleeve shirt. Trail was terrible. The nice weather melted quite a bit of snow. Ran in either mud, snow, or ice. I don't think there was a mile total that would have been considered dry or solid. Good work out for the legs.

On another note, I tried Vitargo S2 today as fuel on my run. Was very impressed. No gastric distress, felt good, no bonking or low energy / sugar levels. It's a bit expensive, so only use it on long runs, but will give it a couple more trial runs and see if results are the same. I think it was better than the Sustained Energy I normally use for longer runs. I supplement the liquid with a gel pack and/or Stinger organic energy chews every hour.

1 person likes this.
  16. jbarwick

jbarwick Senior member

Got in 8.6 miles last night and another 7.6 miles today. Today's run was tough due to running harder last night then crossfit this morning. I slogged it out and finally saw the "summit" for the hill in the park. It offers a great view of Nashville. See in next post.

17. jbarwick

jbarwick Senior member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  18. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

28 miles done today... I was aiming for 33, but I didn't bring enough energy goop (of the homemade variety) and bonked at mile 27. I beat my marathon PR by just over 4 minutes, so I take that as a good sign!

2 people like this.
  19. jbarwick

jbarwick Senior member

20. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

Thanks!

I just hope I'm doing enough to survive this race well. It's 5 weeks from today!

Hopefully when I hit the taper, I'm ready to bounce off some walls for 20+ hours!