1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

How many miles did you run today?

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by MonkeyFresh, Jun 25, 2008.

1. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

a little less than 3... just an easy run on a beautiful afternoon!

2. wingin' it

wingin' it Senior member

4.3 easy miles at target heart rate.

Don't you carry fluid in handheld or backpack? Some Sustained energy, Perpetuem, or any of the other carb mixes would carry you thru those runs over 1 hour or more. Or carry a couple of gel paks in your handheld, back pocket, etc.

3. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

5.5 miles tonight (finished at 11:10PM) on what's supposed to be the coldest night of the year. +34 at the end. Lovely temperatures to me!

4. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Senior member

8.3 miles this morning. It was back down in the single digits with the windchill.

5. jbarwick

jbarwick Senior member

I use a handheld for anything over an hour. This was just a hunger fluids were not going to cure. I think since most of my week night runs are after dinner, I am used to running on a full stomach so a mid-day run without anything in there makes me hungry.

6. Buitenspel

Buitenspel Member

Did 10 miles today, my first long-run since my half marathon in mid-October thus a rather easy pace.

7. clarinetplayer

clarinetplayer Senior member

This morning, in Chicago, North Michigan Ave area, 2 miles. The wind chill temperature was -7 degrees.

8. Michigan Planner

8 miles this morning and after more than a decade of regular running I tripped and fell on the sidewalk. I usually run on the street in the pre-dawn hours to avoid uneven sidewalks but was running along a busier street and that wasn't an option in that spot. I was also distracted by some impressive Christmas light displays when I hit the deck. Thankfully, I was pretty well bundled up and no damage was done. My Marine Corps training came in handy too because I pulled off quite the legit ninja-roll and popped right back up barely missing a beat. However, I know it could have been much worse.

2 people like this.
  9. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

^ Wow, glad you're OK! I've seen other runners take some pretty nasty spills, luckily I've never tripped or fallen, fingers crossed. I did 3.1 this morning in under 26 minutes, pretty speedy for me.

10. jbarwick

jbarwick Senior member

MP - Spills are rough and glad the extra winter protection helped!

I got in 5.6 miles last night. Knee was feeling off in the cold but felt better after a couple of miles.

11. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

Yeah, I've crashed on sidewalks as well. Glad it wasn't worse!

12. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

6.5 trail miles with some tempo/speed work. My fastest mile was 7:04 (4.0-5.0)! I don't think I've run a mile that fast other than on a track since high school!

1 person likes this.
  13. wingin' it

wingin' it Senior member

6.8 miles w/ some fartlek speed work today.

14. Michigan Planner

Day 12 of the December run streak and another 5.1 miles done. I'm already up to nearly 65 miles for the month and not even at the half way point. I've got tomorrow off of work and am headed up to a large park north of me with some good trails to get in at least 10 miles and then Saturday morning I have a 10k Jingle Bell Run through my neighborhood.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2013
  15. clarinetplayer

You are a "machine". This morning, miles north of you, the temperature was 4 degrees with a minus-something chill factor.

16. Michigan Planner

It was 7º here this morning but no windchill effect at all. It was surprisingly comfortable, especially compared to yesterday morning when it was 17º but felt like 7º with the wind. I'm looking forward to being able to run in the daylight tomorrow and with temps expected to be in the 20s.

17. clarinetplayer

I'm running this afternoon which I hate. A morning person am I. On Monday, I tried to run in Chicago where the windchill was -7. The winds from the lake and the tall buildings added to the challenge with updrafts and downdrafts. I barely made 2 miles.

18. jbarwick

jbarwick Senior member

Daylight runs are reserved for weekends currently. Tonight I am looking to get in some miles in as it will be in the 20s.

19. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Senior member Dubiously Honored

You guys are shaming me. I haven't been able to muster the gumption to get out at 38º. I resolve to do better.

20. clarinetplayer

WHY did I wait until this afternoon to run? At least, this morning, the air was still. At 3 p.m., the temperature was15 degrees but the fierce, cutting wind made it feel -3. Somehow, I managed 3 miles. It was bitter.