1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

How many miles did you run today?

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by MonkeyFresh, Jun 25, 2008.

1. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Senior member Dubiously Honored

[​IMG]

Was supposed to be an easy run which fit into my marathon training, but I had a hard time going slowly (target pace around 9:30). I gave up after 9 miles and the last four were:

9'04"
    8'49"
    8'22"
    8'06"

It was really cool finishing on the field at AT&T Park

2 people like this.
  2. mylesmyles

mylesmyles Senior member

Ran the NYCRUNS 5k Brooklyn Bridge Run yesterday in 18:36. Legs felt ok but my feet are still tender - probably shouldn't have run in racing flats so soon. Logged about 17 miles for the week on 4 runs. Going to try to get into marathon training routine this week.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2013
  3. sugarbutch

Sounds painful... :)

4. mylesmyles

mylesmyles Senior member

ha ha ha

corrected....

5. wingin' it

wingin' it Senior member

6. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

Just over 4 miles early this morning. Not sure if anyone else has ever tried this, or even felt the need to try it, but I started wearing a Breathe Right strip when I run. My nostrils are narrow and sometimes it's difficult to breathe through my nose when I run, so when I stick one of these on my nose it helps my breathing tremendously. I noticed a big difference right away when I wear one compared to when I don't.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2013
  7. clarinetplayer

clarinetplayer Senior member

Back home (in "Lake Woebegon") after spending the past 2+ weeks in West Michigan teaching at music camp. I'm going to really miss seeing this:

[​IMG]

Running on the sandy trails is fantastic.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  8. wingin' it

wingin' it Senior member

6.6 miles tonite. 86 degrees, humid, no wind. For an easy hour run, it wasn't exactly easy.

Awesome pics and place to run CP.
    BG, those strips sound worth trying. I may pick some up.

9. sugarbutch

10. Marc395

Marc395 Member

I usually run about 5 miles in the morning, sometimes a little longer in the weekends.I find 5 miles is enough to keep me in a pretty good shape, it doesn't take too long and it definitely helps me wake up better than a cup of coffee would!

1 person likes this.
  11. clarinetplayer

clarinetplayer Senior member

Early this morning, eager for a good run, I stepped out of the door only to be greeted by thunder and lightening and a torrential rainfall. Argh!

12. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Senior member

I got up and out for a quick 4.5 miles this morning at about 5:30. After I got home and showered, I was sitting at kitchen counter eating some breakfast looking out the window and it was dark as if it were still the middle of the night. I went outside to get something from the porch and saw a giant wall of black clouds rolling in. When I was driving to work the skies finally opened up and the rain came down in sheets and buckets... for about 2 minutes then the sun was trying to come out again.

13. sugarbutch

I've added a yoga class as the cross-training in my program. I think the extra effort on a sixth day may have pushed me over the line in terms of fatigue. Trying to get more sleep, but I'm always tired.

14. wingin' it

wingin' it Senior member

10 miles tonite w/ 5 of them at tempo pace. Hot and humid run.

SB - be careful w/ adding not only an extra day of running but more mileage and faster pacing. Easy way to get into overtraining issues. Read about symptoms. I still stick w/ 2 off days / week and do core work on those days. I tried the only 1 day off thing for a race ramp up plan one time and it hurt more than helped. I can handle more mileage w/ less days (50 miles / 5 day) vs same mileage with more days (50 miles / 6 days). Some people have no problem with it.

15. sugarbutch

I'm running five days with the yoga as cross-training/core on the sixth day. May be moot, though, since I think I've strained something in my groin this week. Ouch.

16. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Senior member

Stayed up late last night to watch the Tigers beat the Indians in 14 innings but still managed to drag myself out of bed at 5:00 for a 10 mile run. In the middle of the run I did three 1.5 mile strides at about a 7:15 pace and then a 4th stride at 6:51 pace. I cannot recall the last time I had a mile under 7:00 minutes. I don't recall running that fast but looking at the route I ran, that stretch seems to be a nice steady decline that I am usually headed the other way on.

17. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

Third run(/walk) today, with new "sound system" :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(Sorry, I like gadgets. These things are essential though, of course!)

18. sugarbutch

Whatever it takes to keep you going back out there, NOBD!

19. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

Thx, SB. I really enjoy running! I just hope my leg muscles allow me to keep doing this.

1 person likes this.
  20. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

Got in 5 miles on the hotel treadmill and almost broke my face. Towards the end of the run I bumped my pace up to 8'00" and at that point the treadmill decided it was tired and needed to come to a complete halt during the fastest portion of my run. Luckily I was able to stay on my feet...this is why I hate treadmills.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2013