How many miles did you run today?

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by MonkeyFresh, Jun 25, 2008.

1. Toiletduck

Toiletduck Senior member

Finished the half-marathon 3 weeks ago. Here's me from the photo site. Please don't mind my skinny arms and legs [​IMG] Did the first half of the half marathon in ~45 minutes. The remaining ...was horrible. :p [​IMG] haven't run since. haha

2. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Finished the half-marathon 3 weeks ago. Here's me from the photo site. Please don't mind my skinny arms and legs [​IMG]

Did the first half of the half marathon in ~45 minutes. The remaining ...was horrible. :p

(...)

haven't run since. haha

heh, been there, done that. Last year I passed 10k fairly quickly, shed my undershirt and continued on. The race turned around and we had three miles into a cold headwind that froze my nipples off. Subsequent photos show nothing but grimaces.

3. AlanC

AlanC Minister of Trad

My first run today since the 5K on Saturday, did just under 4 miles.

I also played about 1:45 of Ultimate Frisbee yesterday. From times that I've worn my pedometer that would work out to 6 miles or so of run/walking over the course of the games. Nice weather tomorrow (mid 60s) so I'll be playing again then. I chalk it up as interval training.

4. jaydc7

jaydc7 Senior member

My friends and I plan on doing the Broad Street Run in Philly. Each putting in $25 and winner takes all. I ran XC and Track in High School, but rarely run over 6 miles since then. Looks like I have motivation to start running distance again.

5. DNW

DNW Senior member

Did 5k last night. I changed my music playlist and treadmill routine; shaved about 2 minutes off of my [snail-pace] average time. Fucking amazing!

6. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

This morning was the most I've run since before I graduated high school.
    6 miles. Took me about 45-50 minutes, but I'm okay with that. It felt good to hit almost 10k.

Update: Today I broke my barrier with a 7 mi run. 1:05 Felt amazing.

7. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

[​IMG]

8. DNW

DNW Senior member

Good job. I can sense the fat melting off. Soon, Conne will be the lard ass of the Steez. [​IMG]

9. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

[​IMG]

Good job. I can sense the fat melting off. Soon, Conne will be the lard ass of the Steez. [​IMG]

Thanks guyz.

10. Connemara

Connemara [URL='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jST2Sv63WQ']

I biked almost 8 miles and ran for half a mile today. Also pumped iron. So in other words, hell naw [​IMG]

11. DNW

DNW Senior member

I biked almost 8 miles and ran for half a mile today. Also pumped iron. So in other words, hell naw [​IMG]

That burned off about 1.5 bourbons that you'll drink tonight. All the fries, burgers, and bacon that you ate today....they're still there.

12. GeoPa58

GeoPa58 Well-Known Member

Hey, I just discovered this thread.

I'm training for Boston. I follow a low-mileage, three (running) day-per-week plan. Supposed to do some cross-training, but that doesn't seem to happen.

Tuesday -- tempo run (7-10 miles)
    Thursday -- speedwork at the track (total 4800 - 7200 m in 400 to 1600 m intervals, plus recovery)
    Weekend -- long run (starts at 10 miles, works up to 20 miles)

Any other marathoners out there?

13. jwied82

jwied82 Senior member

^^What kind of goal do you have for the marathon? I assume you have already run a qualifying time for Boston since you say you are training for that. Any reason for a 3 days a week plan? It seems strange to me because i'm a high mileage, run everyday type... i personally would never feel prepared for a marathon off of 35 mpw.

7 mi. in 45min today for me. I actually hadn't run since friday because i came down with some nasty flu and had a 102.5 fever all saturday and sunday and was recovering the last 2 days... but today i finally felt well enough to run.

14. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

^^What kind of goal do you have for the marathon? I assume you have already run a qualifying time for Boston since you say you are training for that. Any reason for a 3 days a week plan? It seems strange to me because i'm a high mileage, run everyday type... i personally would never feel prepared for a marathon off of 35 mpw.
    (...)

Yeah, I'm perplexed as well re: three days a week. For the previous one I was running 5-6 days a week, topping out at 60 mpw. This time around I'd like to hit and hold 70 mpw for a few weeks.

Today: 6 2/3 miles, a bit slower than usual.

15. Joe E Taleo

Joe E Taleo Senior member

7 mi. in 45min today for me. I actually hadn't run since friday because i came down with some nasty flu and had a 102.5 fever all saturday and sunday and was recovering the last 2 days... but today i finally felt well enough to run.

Jwied, Do you mind putting up your training schedule? I'm thinking about running a marathon (late) this year. That said, I haven't started a marathon training routine yet- I'm thinking it's really too early in the year. Right now I'm doing speed training once a week along with ever-longer mileage (I'm only up to 7 miles thus far) along with a couple of shorter maintenance runs during the week. I also figure concentrating on speed now (in the form of interval runs) will help tremendously when I want to run long distances faster.