• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did my long run for the week this morning... 17 miles mostly pavement with 5 miles on gravel in the middle.

I'll second what someone said a few posts ago about the short runs getting faster as the long runs get longer. The long runs get longer too. The first 13.1 miles of today's run was less than 10 minutes off of my half marathon PR from last January.

samblackbones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
nice fueco - are you training for a marathon? Its a good sign if you are hitting old race paces and not feeling to taxed.

11.5 easy for me tonight.
Have you guys heard of strava?
check it out if you are using a gps watch to train runs or rides: www.strava.com

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Think crazier...

I did two 50+ mile runs last year. This year I'm aiming for a 100k (on trails and gravel roads) and a double marathon (day three of the Ultraman World Championships).

I've actually never done a standalone marathon, just two as part of Ironman Triathlons...

samblackbones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Think crazier...

I did two 50+ mile runs last year. This year I'm aiming for a 100k (on trails and gravel roads) and a double marathon (day three of the Ultraman World Championships).

I've actually never done a standalone marathon, just two as part of Ironman Triathlons...

Awesome! I think I will have my day with the longer distances, but I want to hammer out some good times over 5k-marathon while I am fairly young. What type of weekly mileage are you doing to prepare? I know that the swimming and riding helps you have a monster aerobic base/ability to sustain effort. What Irons have you done?
Running a fast marathon is pretty devastating to the body so I can only imagine what a hard 50 miler is like. I look forward to hearing how your training is going!

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
finally feeling it again. finally. just getting over the flu.

yesterday 2.7 miles, today 4 miles. Still a mild cough when I breathe deeply but so what. Feels good to get out again. I might make that half marathon on April 1 after all.

mylesmyles

Reaction score
Got in 4 miles over the Queensboro Bridge in 30:45 this morning - legs are still feeling heavy from this past weekend.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not as much as some of my friends... My weeks range from 25-40 miles, depending on how much cycling I'm doing. I've been taking the last few weeks off from swimming. I'll get back in the pool after I get back from Utah next Wednesday. My shoulders needed a break.

I tend to run 3-4 times per week, and ride 3 days. Swimming is normally 2-3 days (depending on whether I get an open water workout in on the weekends.

I'll be building my long runs up into the mid 20s in April. I'm thinking my longest weeks will push close to 50 miles. The hard part is keeping the cycling training up: I'm doing a 400km brevet in mid-April.

samblackbones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
12.5 tonight with 5 mile tempo splits of 546 541 544 551 (stopped to wait for someone) 540. Another solid tempo in the bank. Training continues to go well. Now i just need to not ******* up before Carlsbad/Boston.

Bill Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did about 26 KM this week with a mixture of road work avg. 7.5 KM and 6.5 KM on a treadmill on average when the weather is crap. I find I run much better on the road.

samblackbones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Did about 26 KM this week with a mixture of road work avg. 7.5 KM and 6.5 KM on a treadmill on average when the weather is crap. I find I run much better on the road.

I also run better on the roads. Being in nevada for a few days made me grateful for a treadmill though.
Today 10 miles in Hollywood. Do you guys get yelled at while running by people in cars? I feel like at least twice a week someone yells "******" at me. Thats always what they say.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^^^I've never been yelled at while running that I've heard or recall, but I do get unflattering remarks when I'm cycling.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads