1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

How many miles did you run today?

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by MonkeyFresh, Jun 25, 2008.

1. Fueco

Fueco Distinguished Member

Did my long run for the week this morning... 17 miles mostly pavement with 5 miles on gravel in the middle.

I'll second what someone said a few posts ago about the short runs getting faster as the long runs get longer. The long runs get longer too. The first 13.1 miles of today's run was less than 10 minutes off of my half marathon PR from last January.

2. samblackbones

samblackbones Distinguished Member

nice fueco - are you training for a marathon? Its a good sign if you are hitting old race paces and not feeling to taxed.

11.5 easy for me tonight.
    Have you guys heard of strava?
    check it out if you are using a gps watch to train runs or rides: www.strava.com

3. Fueco

Think crazier...

I did two 50+ mile runs last year. This year I'm aiming for a 100k (on trails and gravel roads) and a double marathon (day three of the Ultraman World Championships).

I've actually never done a standalone marathon, just two as part of Ironman Triathlons...

4. samblackbones

Awesome! I think I will have my day with the longer distances, but I want to hammer out some good times over 5k-marathon while I am fairly young. What type of weekly mileage are you doing to prepare? I know that the swimming and riding helps you have a monster aerobic base/ability to sustain effort. What Irons have you done?
    Running a fast marathon is pretty devastating to the body so I can only imagine what a hard 50 miler is like. I look forward to hearing how your training is going!

5. Thomas

Thomas Stylish Dinosaur

finally feeling it again. finally. just getting over the flu.

yesterday 2.7 miles, today 4 miles. Still a mild cough when I breathe deeply but so what. Feels good to get out again. I might make that half marathon on April 1 after all.

6. Alexanderjohn

Alexanderjohn Member

Hello,
    Not more running,
    I like cycling, and daily i travel 10 miles on my cycle.
    Watch Reviews

Last edited: Mar 24, 2012

7. JayJay

JayJay Stylish Dinosaur

3.5 miles this morning.

8. mylesmyles

mylesmyles Senior Member

Got in 4 miles over the Queensboro Bridge in 30:45 this morning - legs are still feeling heavy from this past weekend.

9. Fueco

Not as much as some of my friends... My weeks range from 25-40 miles, depending on how much cycling I'm doing. I've been taking the last few weeks off from swimming. I'll get back in the pool after I get back from Utah next Wednesday. My shoulders needed a break.

I tend to run 3-4 times per week, and ride 3 days. Swimming is normally 2-3 days (depending on whether I get an open water workout in on the weekends.

I'll be building my long runs up into the mid 20s in April. I'm thinking my longest weeks will push close to 50 miles. The hard part is keeping the cycling training up: I'm doing a 400km brevet in mid-April.

10. samblackbones

12.5 tonight with 5 mile tempo splits of 546 541 544 551 (stopped to wait for someone) 540. Another solid tempo in the bank. Training continues to go well. Now i just need to not fuck it up before Carlsbad/Boston.

11. ribkin

ribkin Senior Member

12. Bill Smith

Bill Smith Distinguished Member

Did about 26 KM this week with a mixture of road work avg. 7.5 KM and 6.5 KM on a treadmill on average when the weather is crap. I find I run much better on the road.

13. JayJay

JayJay Stylish Dinosaur

3 miles this morning.

14. samblackbones

I also run better on the roads. Being in nevada for a few days made me grateful for a treadmill though.
    Today 10 miles in Hollywood. Do you guys get yelled at while running by people in cars? I feel like at least twice a week someone yells "faggot" at me. Thats always what they say.

15. JayJay

JayJay Stylish Dinosaur

^^^I've never been yelled at while running that I've heard or recall, but I do get unflattering remarks when I'm cycling.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2012