• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sir Humphrey Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ran 7 miles of trails in the rain yesterday in my new shoes (Merrell Trail Gloves). Absolutely brilliant out...

samblackbones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
10 yesterday with an awesome 5 mile tempo at 5:47 down to 5:40. Ran faster than I ran in a recent 8K race, and I felt very strong.
I am in Nevada today because I am in a bowling league and we have our finals, but it is surprisingly pleasant out.
Hope all are having good runs!

Edit - ran just under 12 miles in the nevada afternoon. I would say in terms of effort it equaled about 17 california miles. Hot + Dry + Desolate + 17 MPH winds.

Last edited:

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
10.5 miles today with roughly 2400 feet of climbing. Some light rain, mostly nice, but windy as all get out up on the ridges!

emc894

Reaction score
Ran 2.5 miles today at 7.5 mph pace which is a pretty good clip. Feel good about it. I am going to start doing one day of long runs a week as my Cardio.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
12 miles. First run after a week off. The last mile was dreadful.

Last edited:

samblackbones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
10 am & 6 pm. All on treadmill as its raining in Nevada. My gambling could be going a lot better but my training couldn't!

Sir Humphrey Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

10 am & 6 pm. All on treadmill as its raining in Nevada. My gambling could be going a lot better but my training couldn't!

Raining here too :happy: Going to do a treadmill run in the gym later, 2.4km as fast as I can.

Sir Humphrey Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Raining here too :happy: Going to do a treadmill run in the gym later, 2.4km as fast as I can.

Tried it at the minimum standard pace (9:30), lasted for about 5 minutes, then slowed down for a little bit, did it in 11:38 in the end. Going to have to do it in about 8:00-8:30 to get into my preferred regiment.

Is the best way to get there to do intervals at the pace I want to run at and keep making them longer by a few seconds each time?

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
After a four week break to allow my foot to heal, I ran 2 miles this morning - 1 more than what I was instructed to run, but I was feeling too good to stop at 1 mile. I have to gradually add miles and speed, but it's good to be at it again.

samblackbones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is the best way to get there to do intervals at the pace I want to run at and keep making them longer by a few seconds each time?

I would say your best bet is to try and build a decent aerobic base by running consistently. I am not sure what type of shape you are in otherwise, but assuming you aren't too overweight that should get you to a point from which you can average 9 min/mile for 3 miles. Consistency is key. Intervals don't matter if you do not have the aerobic capacity to maintain the pace you sprint at. That is my 2cents at least

Today: 17.5 or so w/ 15 mile tempo @ marathon pace (ended up being a little bit faster) - hammered it. This was a very satisfying workout - very difficult, as the wind was up in the 20+ range in gusts, but I stayed with it and finished strong.
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/159401611 if you want to see the splits. Average about a 6:10 pace.

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

After a four week break to allow my foot to heal, I ran 2 miles this morning - 1 more than what I was instructed to run, but I was feeling too good to stop at 1 mile. I have to gradually add miles and speed, but it's good to be at it again.

good that you're feeling good! :nodding:

Today: 17.5 or so w/ 15 mile tempo @ marathon pace (ended up being a little bit faster) - hammered it. Average about a 6:10 pace.

wow... nice work. Me, just a measly 3.5... but it was a beautiful Sunday and a great day for a jog!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads