1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

How many miles did you run today?

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by MonkeyFresh, Jun 25, 2008.

1. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

A few weeks ago I picked up a pair of track spikes to kick myself in the tail a bit, have been running 200m repeats and it's been yielding results - at the very least I'm enjoying the Thursday session much more than I used to. Anyway, today I decided to run alternating 45/60 200m intervals and see how long I could sustain it. After a few hiccups I ended up hitting the pace consistently, stopping after 30 minutes because I had to hurry up and get home to start getting ready.

2. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Senior member

3. wingin' it

wingin' it Senior member

5K with some cross training.

4. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Senior member

I called it an early day at the office and decided to get in about 8 miles this afternoon.

5. Equus Leather

Equus Leather Senior member Affiliate Vendor

3 for me, not having a very good training week!

6. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

I'm nearing the end of a two week recovery, can't wait to pick it back up again next week. I was having some pain in my right shin and left knee, but everything has been feeling much better the past couple days, so I'll be ready to go by next Monday or Tuesday.

I did a lot of strength and balance training the past two weeks, plus some core workouts and a lot of foam rolling/stretching. I think it was exactly what my body needed.

7. Firefox

Firefox Senior member

Just over 4 miles on the treadmill.

8. wingin' it

wingin' it Senior member

9. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

Skipped a session at a conference to get in 4 miles. Felt great and would have run farther but didn't have time.

10. wingin' it

wingin' it Senior member

9.6 mile trail run today.

Tried out the new Inov-8 Trailroc 255's. Very comfortable, flexible, and ran well over rock, root, and mud. I would say that they are better suited on dry or tacky technical trails. For a bit more muddy trail, the Roclite series clears the mud better from what I've seen. The Trailroc didn't load up the shoe with mud, so it wasn't bad to run in them, but the cleats on the Roclites grip and clear better. Inov-8 are my favorite shoes on trails.

11. about11oclock

about11oclock Senior member

11 or 12 miles today, forgot the garmin. #feelsgoodman

12. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Senior member Dubiously Honored

6 yesterday. More congested than I thought, and cramping calves made it much harder than it should have been.

Ran past derelict bathhouse by the beach which some asshat torched recently:

[​IMG]

13. Equus Leather

Equus Leather Senior member Affiliate Vendor

6 miles for me yesterday. Slightly sore legs today - amazing how quickly fitness fades if you let it

14. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Senior member

SB, I hate when history is ruined.

15. clarinetplayer

clarinetplayer Senior member

Oh, to have an ocean beach to run by....

16. wingin' it

wingin' it Senior member

5 mile recovery run tonight. Low 20's with some wind put temps in high teens to low 20's. It gave me a chance to test some winter wear.
    The Sugoi S3 180 pants (not tights) were great. Kept me warm with good moisture wicking. The 180 jacket over a short sleeve shirt worked well too. The arms around the elbows were a bit wet but rest of jacket was good for wicking and warmth. Winter socks at midweight and calf length were fine (Sugoi also).
    The knuckle lights work great for brightness but I still don't like running at night.

17. clarinetplayer

clarinetplayer Senior member

4.5 miles this morning. Temperature in the upper 20s. Thank you, Icebreaker wool leggings. No wind--can't complain.

18. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

5.7 today - first day back from 2 weeks off. Ran slow, but felt great...no knee or shin pain that I was experiencing a few weeks ago

19. about11oclock

4 yesterday on my way to yoga class.

20. about11oclock

alright, I'll reply to myself: 7 and change this morning at aronud 7:20 pace.