1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

How many miles did you run today?

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by MonkeyFresh, Jun 25, 2008.

1. Bill Smith

Bill Smith Senior member

Ran 5.2km this afternoon.

2. WellGroomedMale

WellGroomedMale Active Member

My dog got off his leash today…must’ve ran half a mile chasing him down. It doesn’t sound like much, but considering I was sprinting the whole time…thought one of my lungs might have burst

3. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

Tried for 12 on my long run today, but crapped out around 9 and couldn't go any more. Out of nowhere I hit a wall and felt like I had concrete in my shoes. It was a little disappointing, but I'll go for it again next Sunday.

4. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

I ran 5.25 this evening. It's my last training run at home before my big race next weekend. We're flying to Hawaii Tuesday morning. The run portion of the race is on Sunday (double marathon). Should be fun!

1 person likes this.
  5. samblackbones

samblackbones Senior member

6. clarinetplayer

clarinetplayer Senior member

7. Equus Leather

Equus Leather Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Good luck Fueco, sounds hard work!

3 mile recover at 8:30 pace for me

8. mylesmyles

mylesmyles Senior member

First run in 2 weeks was the NYRR 4 miler in Central Park on Sunday. Ran it in 25:07. It's amazing how good it felt after taking a few weeks off. By body def needed the rest.

9. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

4 easy miles after a workout.

10. js4design

js4design Senior member

Got in 5 on Saturday, first run since my race, had to let my feet heal up. Felt good enough that I signed up for a Thanksgiving morning 10k this morning.

11. momentoftruth

momentoftruth Senior member

anyone ever run a race without a watch/timer? Just signed up for a 10K next week and I can't find my nike sportsband anywhere. I'd rather not buy another one since I try to go at a natural pace during my regular runs and don't care much for tracking performance, but I'm wondering if it won't annoy me during the race when my competitive instincts take over (hopefully) and I try to beat last year's time

12. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

Nothing worth doing is ever easy, right? ; )

I'm really looking forward to jumping in the warm water by the Kailua Pier tomorrow afternoon... My race starts on Friday and ends Sunday. Three days of sheer triathlon madness around big island.

13. wingin' it

wingin' it Senior member

4.9 miles today. Feeling good.

Was it the distance or fueling? I usually carry a gel with me. Rarely need it, but on that odd occasion when blood sugar drops or energy level is shot, it comes in handy.

14. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

15. Equus Leather

Absolutely, we'd still be living in caves if people only did things they knew they could!

16. momentoftruth

momentoftruth Senior member

"crisis" averted, I found my sportband in a drawer at work (?).

last night 8.36mi @ 6'51". Temp still in the low 60s at 9pm, this might be the best time of the year for running here.

17. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Senior member

I got in 5 miles this morning... on the treadmill.

I never wear a watch or timer when I run in races. I also never really come close to winning ever races so take that for what it's worth. :satisfied:

18. Equus Leather

4 miles for me in Autmnal nearly gales

19. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

I'm pretty sure it was fueling and not distance....I completed 10 and 11 mile runs in the past few weeks with no problems, so I didn't think 12 would give me any trouble. I was running slow on purpose as well, to make sure I could finish the run. I wasn't carrying a gel with me, but like Fueco said, my body was telling me something was definitely wrong, so I just stopped instead of trying to push through it. I had more than a few adult beverages the previous day, so that could be to blame :devil: I'm going to try again next Sunday, and I think I'll fare much better that time around.

Better news today - finished 6 miles at 9:03 pace, which I think is almost 10 seconds per mile faster than my previous best at 6 miles.

20. MoreFire

MoreFire Senior member

Fuck it.
    Tried running again after almost 2 weeks without due to ITBS shit. Daily foam rolling and stuff.
    Didnt work.
    Was back home after almost 30mins, knees hurt again.