1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: A Made-to-Measure suit from Lanieri

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Made-to-measure suit from Lanieri. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

How many miles did you run today?

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by MonkeyFresh, Jun 25, 2008.

1. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Distinguished Member

3.5 this afternoon at a quicker pace. Damn it was cold today! Brrrrrr.

2. ribkin

ribkin Senior Member

6 miles on the treadmill ... but looking at the data now, too damn close to Max HR ... to be expected after a lengthy layoff ....

probably need to go for an easy run later in the day to so that there's less huffing and puffing tomorrow

3. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

Laid up for a week with a sinus infection. Last two nights TERRIBLE sleep. Too much rest. 6 miles today in HORRID conditions (was going to lift at the gym, but that burned down on Thursday)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Traction wasn't bad at all, but if you see the flag on the pier, I ran into that wind (and hail) for almost 2 miles on my way back. That sucked.

4. Dr Nemo

Dr Nemo Senior Member

11mi, including 8 x 1mi at 90-95% in shorts along the canal in Phoenix.
    Here on a long weekend vacation and missed the winter storm back in Chicago.

5. JayJay

JayJay Stylish Dinosaur

6 miles this afternoon. Felt great throughout the run.

6. JayJay

JayJay Stylish Dinosaur

That's dedication to run in those conditions. Sorry to hear about the gym, that sucks.

7. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Distinguished Member

jeezus the gym BURNED DOWN??? holy shit... sorry. miles ran today = 0. everything is covered in ice...not dealing with it. went in the basement and hit the elliptical instead... better than nothing and I could watch some bball to boot!

8. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

Yea, its above an auto-body shop, and Thursday morning one of the cars in there went up. Will be closed for about 2 months, they do have another location thats about 5 blocks from my school, but this one was 2 blocks from my house, so much more convenient.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

happened to be walking by to a Dr Appt that morning...

9. bwonger06

bwonger06 Senior Member

Perfect weather here in Phoenix after the rain earlier in the week knocked out all the pollution. 70 degree high, nice t-shirt and shorts weather if exercising and comfortable in jeans and light sweater.

10. Spatlese

Spatlese Distinguished Member

Falling behind schedule in training for a May half. Just 10km today but will do a long one tomorrow.

Had light snow here earlier this week, nothing compared to what NYR posted, but I'm always leery of slipping. So did the homemade screw shoe thing with some old mizunos for a few short runs, and they worked great! Now, I can put them away for another 10 months and resume normal running.

11. ribkin

ribkin Senior Member

12. quevola

quevola Distinguished Member

It depends on your goal. You should be able to maintain your current fitness level with a program such as Pfitz's 2 marathons in six weeks. I wouldn't expect much improvement unless the March 3rd marathon course is considerably "faster" than Houston. I ran two marathons last year within 8 weeks of each other and came in virtually at the same time.

If your goal is to improve your time considerably, I would look for a marathon in late Spring or early Fall and get in some good training.

16 miles early this morning. Start my 18 week marathon plan next Monday.

13. samblackbones

samblackbones Distinguished Member

Thomas you could for sure finish a marathon in 6 weeks, but if you really want to go after a BQ or big PR you may want to give it 12 weeks - I think there is a Dallas marathon in may - but I have no idea as to whether or not running a marathon in Dallas would be pleasant. I ran San Francisco a month after doing San Diego 2 years ago and had an awesome experience in SF but ran slow as f*ck - I would definitely do it over again though.

Off to a running clinic followed by a long run.

14. Dr Nemo

Dr Nemo Senior Member

Seven miles this morning recovering from yesterday's tempo workout. Mighty comfy for January runs in Phoenix. Bwonger, you've got some nice conditions here.
    We fly back tomorrow to the Land of Ice Joggers.

15. samblackbones

samblackbones Distinguished Member

Somewhere between 13 and 14 for me. Very easy pace on trails.