Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

How many miles did you run today?

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by MonkeyFresh, Jun 25, 2008.

1. jwied82

jwied82 Senior member

well, in hindsight i think i was dumb for having my longest run be 18 (though i did ALOT of 12-15 mile runs, probably a couple a week on average)... i wish i would have done a couple 20s and a 22 miler and i think that would have been good.

I actually did have to stop running towards the end. i finished in 2'47, but i was on pace to finish under 2'42 up through 21 miles. Then i gradually started to feel bad and for the last 4 or so miles i stopped at the water stations and walked for maybe 30 seconds while i drank the water and also stopped and walked on some uphills... so thats where i think going longer than 20mi in training would have helped me alot.

2. daft

daft Senior member

1.5 and felt like i was gonna die. god i'm unfit.

3. quevola

quevola Senior member

^^ Wow, good info jwied82 . That is an impressive marathon. Good job!

4. Joe E Taleo

Joe E Taleo Senior member

Interesting stuff on runner's knee. I think that's what I have, or have had for years. Ice and NSAIDs seem to work pretty well. If it gets much worse, I'll consider the cortisone shot.

4 miles. I'm starting to enjoy running again.

5. skidsm

skidsm Senior member

anyone training now for any spring marathons or 1/2 marathons?? I'm going to be running a marathon in april, itll be my second one. I didnt do enough long runs for my first one... longest training run was 18mi, so this time around im going to try and put in a couple 20+ milers
    set for my first on may 3. i'm ahead of schedule for training, and did 15 last sunday. i have to back off a bit for a few weeks, though, i'm raising my mileage too fast and risking some knee injury right now. i'm very excited about it.

6. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

well, in hindsight i think i was dumb for having my longest run be 18 (though i did ALOT of 12-15 mile runs, probably a couple a week on average)... i wish i would have done a couple 20s and a 22 miler and i think that would have been good.

I actually did have to stop running towards the end. i finished in 2'47, but i was on pace to finish under 2'42 up through 21 miles. Then i gradually started to feel bad and for the last 4 or so miles i stopped at the water stations and walked for maybe 30 seconds while i drank the water and also stopped and walked on some uphills... so thats where i think going longer than 20mi in training would have helped me alot.

That is a damn good time.

For my first 'thon I did two 21-milers in training but ran them quite slow, and let my mileage fall off badly the two weeks before - I suffered badly, probably due to the reduced mileage. I've started training for January's marathon and am knocking out 8-milers over the weekend, should get to 10-milers in March, then start pushing them out - 15-milers in the summer, 18's in the fall, 21-22 come wintertime. At least, that's the plan.

7. jwied82

jwied82 Senior member

set for my first on may 3. i'm ahead of schedule for training, and did 15 last sunday. i have to back off a bit for a few weeks, though, i'm raising my mileage too fast and risking some knee injury right now.

i'm very excited about it.

I did an 18.5 mile run on sunday, which was my longest training run so far. I ran it with a friend at a really relaxed pace and I was actually wanting to go 20 but he was getting fatigued.

Ive had some off and on knee pain for a little while now myself... I tend to have a problem staying injury free in the winter, even though i run less milage than i normally do in the summer and fall...

8. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

A quick 5 1/3 before my dentist's appt. Felt pretty good, actually.

9. why

why Senior member

Still have terrible Achilles problems and I'm trying to avoid any further issues... [​IMG]

10. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

I fucked up my heel somehow in sparring a couple of days ago , it feels like somebody hit it with a hammer, can only hobble. Sucks.

11. eg1

eg1 Senior member

Yesterday morning, a little over 4km -- first run since the stupidly cold weather set in back in early January. Nice and mild. Losing some weight in the interim made a big difference.

12. Eagle

Eagle Senior member

Nothing yet today but, I did put in 6.8 miles yesterday...that's gotta leave a mark. Today it's an hour with the weights and 45 minutes on the elliptical machine!

13. agp

agp Senior member

I run about 1 mile each day, and usually a lot more on weekends.

14. JPYPSU07

JPYPSU07 Senior member

First two days starting to seriously exercise
    Yesterday and today. Walked 1, Ran 3

15. why

why Senior member

Achilles tendinitis seems to be gone. 6.5 miles.