How many miles did you run today?

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by MonkeyFresh, Jun 25, 2008.

1. jwied82

jwied82 Senior member

well, in hindsight i think i was dumb for having my longest run be 18 (though i did ALOT of 12-15 mile runs, probably a couple a week on average)... i wish i would have done a couple 20s and a 22 miler and i think that would have been good.

I actually did have to stop running towards the end. i finished in 2'47, but i was on pace to finish under 2'42 up through 21 miles. Then i gradually started to feel bad and for the last 4 or so miles i stopped at the water stations and walked for maybe 30 seconds while i drank the water and also stopped and walked on some uphills... so thats where i think going longer than 20mi in training would have helped me alot.

2. daft

daft Senior member

1.5 and felt like i was gonna die. god i'm unfit.

3. quevola

quevola Senior member

^^ Wow, good info jwied82 . That is an impressive marathon. Good job!

4. Joe E Taleo

Joe E Taleo Senior member

Interesting stuff on runner's knee. I think that's what I have, or have had for years. Ice and NSAIDs seem to work pretty well. If it gets much worse, I'll consider the cortisone shot.

4 miles. I'm starting to enjoy running again.

5. skidsm

skidsm Senior member

anyone training now for any spring marathons or 1/2 marathons?? I'm going to be running a marathon in april, itll be my second one. I didnt do enough long runs for my first one... longest training run was 18mi, so this time around im going to try and put in a couple 20+ milers
    set for my first on may 3. i'm ahead of schedule for training, and did 15 last sunday. i have to back off a bit for a few weeks, though, i'm raising my mileage too fast and risking some knee injury right now. i'm very excited about it.

6. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

well, in hindsight i think i was dumb for having my longest run be 18 (though i did ALOT of 12-15 mile runs, probably a couple a week on average)... i wish i would have done a couple 20s and a 22 miler and i think that would have been good.

I actually did have to stop running towards the end. i finished in 2'47, but i was on pace to finish under 2'42 up through 21 miles. Then i gradually started to feel bad and for the last 4 or so miles i stopped at the water stations and walked for maybe 30 seconds while i drank the water and also stopped and walked on some uphills... so thats where i think going longer than 20mi in training would have helped me alot.

That is a damn good time.

For my first 'thon I did two 21-milers in training but ran them quite slow, and let my mileage fall off badly the two weeks before - I suffered badly, probably due to the reduced mileage. I've started training for January's marathon and am knocking out 8-milers over the weekend, should get to 10-milers in March, then start pushing them out - 15-milers in the summer, 18's in the fall, 21-22 come wintertime. At least, that's the plan.

7. jwied82

jwied82 Senior member

set for my first on may 3. i'm ahead of schedule for training, and did 15 last sunday. i have to back off a bit for a few weeks, though, i'm raising my mileage too fast and risking some knee injury right now.

i'm very excited about it.

I did an 18.5 mile run on sunday, which was my longest training run so far. I ran it with a friend at a really relaxed pace and I was actually wanting to go 20 but he was getting fatigued.

Ive had some off and on knee pain for a little while now myself... I tend to have a problem staying injury free in the winter, even though i run less milage than i normally do in the summer and fall...

8. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

A quick 5 1/3 before my dentist's appt. Felt pretty good, actually.

9. why

why Senior member

Still have terrible Achilles problems and I'm trying to avoid any further issues... [​IMG]

10. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

I fucked up my heel somehow in sparring a couple of days ago , it feels like somebody hit it with a hammer, can only hobble. Sucks.

11. eg1

eg1 Senior member

Yesterday morning, a little over 4km -- first run since the stupidly cold weather set in back in early January. Nice and mild. Losing some weight in the interim made a big difference.

12. Eagle

Eagle Senior member

Nothing yet today but, I did put in 6.8 miles yesterday...that's gotta leave a mark. Today it's an hour with the weights and 45 minutes on the elliptical machine!

13. agp

agp Senior member

I run about 1 mile each day, and usually a lot more on weekends.

14. JPYPSU07

JPYPSU07 Senior member

First two days starting to seriously exercise
    Yesterday and today. Walked 1, Ran 3

15. why

why Senior member

Achilles tendinitis seems to be gone. 6.5 miles.