How many miles did you run today?

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by MonkeyFresh, Jun 25, 2008.

1. Dr Nemo

Dr Nemo Senior member

Yup, great to see new members posting on their running exploits!

No email access over the weekend, in Macau. On Saturday did 7mi including 3 x 1mi at 90% effort, and Sunday 10mi including 7 x 1mi @ 90% effort.
    This morning 7mi (feeling kinda stiff for the first 3 miles following the 14hr+ return flight Monday. This afternoon 5mi and a strength session at the Y.

2. SD1

SD1 Senior member

A tough 6 miles today. Beautiful weather but struggled on the run for some reason.

3. samblackbones

samblackbones Senior member

since I will have 12 weeks to train for boston (and 2 to taper I think?!?!) Very basic training schedule.
    my plan is to do three 4 week cycles:
    weeks 1-4 base building (get mileage up from 40 the first week to 70 the last week on singles) and some light workouts (no tempos though)
    weeks 5-8 Strength miles from 70 - 80 with speed workouts and long tempos, as well as 2 easy 20 mile long runs (still single days)
    weeks 9-12 Keep mileage in 80's and get in 2 very key fast finish long runs (first 10 miles easy pace, last 10 - 12 at goal marathon pace)

My goal in Boston is, if training goes well starting thurs, a 2:45. My PR is from San Diego last year and is 2:53, and I know I am faster today by quite a bit. That being said I won't have ideal time to train, the weather in boston is unpredictable at best and anything can happen in the marathon!

4. quevola

quevola Senior member

^^ sounds like a solid plan and you are wicked fast! Good luck in your training.

10 easy miles.

5. ribkin

ribkin Senior member

6. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

5 miles this morning.

7. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Sam's got speed to burn.

Today, an easy four miles after yesterday's intervals. For some strange reason the calves were sore this morning - I thought I'd trained that response out but surprise surprise.

Worked on the knee lift again in my stride, not really picking it up.

8. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Bearded Prick Dubiously Honored

Four. Previous injuries seem to be behind me, so I've decided to start training for a half-marathon. Now, to decide which one...

9. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

only about 3 but I upped the pace more...not the "jog" pace but more urgent and cardiovascular. Felt good!

10. quevola

quevola Senior member

3 recovery miles.

11. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

four early morning miles. last run until Sunday. What will I do with myself? I can feel the walls closing in. My shoes are calling my name. gaaah.

It's only been three hours since my last run but taper madness is setting in.

12. samblackbones

samblackbones Senior member

So hard to taper. You will be grateful to come to the line rested though . . . .
    Looking forward to a run today WOOHOO. Also excited to see coverage of the Olympic Trials on Saturday.

13. ocelot_ark

ocelot_ark Active Member

2nd run in this little adventure, this time without the girlfriend. Found myself going a lot faster. Managed to go about 2 miles, stopping for 1 minute about halfway. It'll be awhile before I can put up any "easy" miles. But it does feel good to do SOMETHING again. And jogging along the east river, even if it's cold out, is pretty cool.

14. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

4 miles this morning.

15. Dr Nemo

Dr Nemo Senior member

Thomas--First few taper periods are odd. Then the sensation gets more familiar. AND you get your life back for a few weeks.

Ocelot--You go, man! Staying consistent will enable your body to make changes it needs.

Sam--Don't forget Boston is a tougher course and will add a few minutes to your time.

7mi this morning and 7mi this afternoon in Arlington, VA as I try to work out the kinks from the 14+ hour flight back on Monday.