• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ive been on a running binge lately....my dad has been here the past few days, while he is much slower than I, he tends to run for hours at a time.
Ran 12 on Friday, 6.5 or so yesterday. I would cruise off, and wait for him at key turns in the trail.
My Lake Forest trails are destroyed from bikers riding in the soft/wet trails, its gonna freeze and be ****** for the rest of the winter :fu:
Tried a different area today, and it was trashed too.....
Found a whole new single track area very close to my house. we explored that yesterday. Couldnt go too fast as I had to stay close to pops as he didnt wear glasses and some of this single track was pretty techy. I was in complete heaven.
Oh, got a ton of new Salomon gear....this stuff is pretty amazing. Im perhaps not used to items doing exactly what they are intended for, but these do!
Retired my last pair of original Kinvara's today. I wore them on the trail and pretty much destroyed them. Had around 500 miles on them.
Now its on to the Kinvara 2.
HAPPY NEW YEAR

Dr Nemo

Reaction score
Nine miles including 12 steep hill repeats at 95% effort.
Best wishes to everyone for safe and healthy running in 2012.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Haven't posted in a while, but been running. Today, 6 miles in some beautiful 55 degree temps.
d00ed48a.jpg

b7eded1b.jpg

Happy New Year runners!

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I had a good 6-mile late morning run followed by about 90 minutes of strength and conditioning. Felt great.

Happy New Year!

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
yesterday: 23 miles. Wanted to run 3+ hours, and wrapped this up in 3:14. Never felt really comfortable, but ran with some classical for a while and that worked out nicely.

A funny-ish thing happened as I neared 3 hours. The watch said 2:59:xx...and then I had to start walking. Couldn't pick up the pace again until around 3:01. Weird.

Marathon in 2 weeks.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Jay, on my double days I usually hit the weights first...how did you feel lifting after a 6 mile run?

It felt good. I usually run 2-3 as a warm-up before a workout, so working out after a good 6 wasn't that much different for me. If the 6 had been rough, then I wouldn't have done it. By the way, I hadn't planned on the workout, but I was in a good mood and decided to do it on the spur of the moment.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

It felt good. I usually run 2-3 as a warm-up before a workout, so working out after a good 6 wasn't that much different for me. If the 6 had been rough, then I wouldn't have done it. By the way, I hadn't planned on the workout, but I was in a good mood and decided to do it on the spur of the moment.

Cool, love runner high!

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
NICE Thomas!

Im gunning for a 3:45 marathon by the fall.

Today Im back to speed work on the dreadmill. The past few days have been 1.5 hr + runs with my Dad. He is gone now, and I kind of just want to open it up and run "fast" a bit.
Tomorrow Im hitting my new trails I discovered on Sat. Im hoping to figure out a 5 mile loop that I can run consistantly. My quads still ache a bit from my first run there, likely because I wore shoes with no tread and really taxed my muscles to run in the mud.

Dr Nemo

Reaction score
Nice work, Thomas. Now that you've made the investment, you get to rest and recover before the big event.
Fourteen miles on a pretty windy 23-degree day.

mylesmyles

Reaction score
12/30 - Got in 20.65 miles in 2:55:25 running across the GWB, up to Alpine NJ on The Long Path and then coming back.

Took the next few days off and now ramp up for what shouldbe a high mileage 2012.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics