1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: A Made-to-Measure suit from Lanieri

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Made-to-measure suit from Lanieri. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

How many miles did you run today?

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by MonkeyFresh, Jun 25, 2008.

1. quevola

quevola Distinguished Member

Running rest day - I did get in a full body resistance workout.

2. antirabbit

antirabbit Distinguished Member

11miles yesterday, in the trails, in the dark....no music. Kind of magical. The shortest and darkest day of the year.
    We are driving up to MN today, so I woke up at 5 and did a 30 minute tempo run on the dread mill (7:40 MM, 7:15 MM, 6:45 MM), this damn machine is making me faster!

3. Thomas

Thomas Stylish Dinosaur

whoa - glad to see you're still at it!

DAMN that is quick.

Last week I cranked out 45 miles and felt on top of the world. Last weekend I took a road trip (850 miles) and saw my sick great-aunt. Then we all got sick. dammit. Today was the first time I was good to run, so it was 5.3 miles in 50-degree rain. I loved every second of it, although I've already forgotten the knee drive I'd been working on last week. sigh.

4. ribkin

ribkin Senior Member

5. samblackbones

samblackbones Distinguished Member

Saw doctor today. 3 weeks no running. Can ride a bike/swim.
    SDFFalifjiajsdijfsifds im pissed. No way will I be able to pace surf city marathon.
    Shitty.

6. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Bearded Prick Dubiously Honored

Bummer, Sam. I'm also on the sidelines for the moment. First-time back pain that seems non-muscular. Afraid to go to the doc for potentially bad news.

7. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Distinguished Member

I need to get in some good winter running but the weather has been so drizzly. I want some snow to run in damnit!

8. quevola

whoa - glad to see you're still at it!

Hey Thomas - it's been a while. I was dealing with some hamstring/piriformis issues in 2010. Now I'm back at full strength and will make a run at an old man BQ next Fall.

How've you been? Still running the Houston Marathon coming up?

Last week I cranked out 45 miles and felt on top of the world. Last weekend I took a road trip (850 miles) and saw my sick great-aunt. Then we all got sick. dammit. Today was the first time I was good to run, so it was 5.3 miles in 50-degree rain. I loved every second of it, although I've already forgotten the knee drive I'd been working on last week. sigh. [/quote]

Bummer Sam - I was registered for the Surf City marathon this past February and had to bail due to injury as well. You'll out and running in no time.

I'll be volunteering at this year's Surf City.

8 miles w/ fartleks.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2011

9. clarinetplayer

clarinetplayer Distinguished Member

This morning, 4.5 miles. Temperature was 20 degrees. "Pure Michigan"

I had to take a couple of days off from running. Earlier, this week, my trainer coerced me into going to a beginner ballet class for adults. I went with fear and trepidation. I had no idea that the human body could be bent into so many shapes and angles. It was mentally and physically exhausting, and for a couple of days, I was keenly aware of every muscle in my body. I could see that a frequent regimen of this "training" could pay big rewards to a runner. This is total core training at its best. I'm glad that I went, but I'm not sure I could spare the time or find the courage to do this with any regularity. There were 9 people in the class--men and women. Some were experienced, and others, like me, were newbies. The ballet instructor is a master teacher, and I did not feel embarrassed. The instructor said that he teaches a class for one of the local high school football teams. The coach considers this to be the best off season training for his team.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2011

10. antirabbit

antirabbit Distinguished Member

Im up in MN now, glad I got a run in yesterday, the gluttony has begun already.
    Im going to take an afternoon long run.....
    Sam-That sux. Im sorry to hear that, you must be going crazy.
    Thomas-this is by far the fastest I have ever run, I didnt really enjoy it, but hey thats why its called work! Im targeting a sustainable pace in the low 7MM for 1/2 and full marathon distances and 8MM for 50K for mid-late 2012.

11. Thomas

Thomas Stylish Dinosaur

OUCH, stick to the biking/swimming and the time will pass soon enough. Good luck!

Have you considered a chiropractor? I've been bailed out by one in the past.

Glad to hear you're over them! Yep, Houston this January, though I'm not feeling it. This may be a rough one.

At the moment I'm beset by thoughts that I've neglected my core very badly this time around. I do some basic yoga moves, but not nearly often enough, and it unfortunately shows in the ol' midsection. I should be thinner by now, and I wonder how much more core work would have helped. Mentally I'm kind of gearing up for White Rock or maybe 2013 Houston and putting more focus on speedwork/core.

Funny enough, it took me three weeks of Track Tuesdays to stop dreading it. Now I look forward to the speedwork.

Today, 5.3 miles, 41 minutes. Sent my running ipod back to Apple for warranty repairs and making do with all-different music. Prokofiev was a highlight of the new mix.

12. Dr Nemo

Dr Nemo Senior Member

Six miles and a strength workout at the Y.
    SF item: I run wearing my Santa cap this week.

13. JayJay

JayJay Stylish Dinosaur

I haven't run in two days. :( Yesterday I was in Bedford Springs, PA, but too tired to run, although it didn't stop me from eating a lot. Today I arrived in Manhattan, didn't run, but I did gorge myself. Tomorrow I've got to run. I must.

14. quevola

No worries - it's the Holiday season. You're supposed to over eat and be a little lazy.

9 easy miles last night and maybe get in a quick 3 this afternoon before the family comes over for Christmas eve dinner.

15. Dr Nemo

Dr Nemo Senior Member

1 mile warm up, ten repeats of a steep 1/3 mile bluff on the shore of Lake Michigan at 90-95% effort, then 1 mile cool down.
    Tomorrow, an easy 5 miles in Santa hat and jingle bells to see how many smiles we can get. Happy Holidays, gents.