1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

How many miles did you run today?

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by MonkeyFresh, Jun 25, 2008.

1. jwied82

jwied82 Senior Member

ran a half marathon this morning. Finished in 1:19:30, which is about 3 min. off my PR. I hoped to do a little better, but the course was quite hilly and it was extremely windy out (wind took as much out of me as the hills!) so i'm just happy i finished without falling off pace too much for the last half of the race.

2. JayJay

JayJay Stylish Dinosaur

A beautiful day here with plenty of sun and temps in the upper 50's, albeit a bit windy. Yet, although I was looking forward to a mid-day run of 6-7 miles, I just couldn't get into it once I started. I was feeling miserable even though I was well hydrated and had had a light snack. After 3 miles, I realized that I wasn't having fun, so I stopped. :(

Last edited: Nov 6, 2011

3. samblackbones

samblackbones Distinguished Member

good to hear from you man.

3rd Overall in 10k today with a slowwwww time (36:22)
    right on the coast and wind/rain took it out of me as well.
    Felt pretty crappy going in so I was happy with the 50$ dicks sporting goods gift certificate. . . need new running sock.

4. jwied82

jwied82 Senior Member

36:22 isn't slow! whats your pr for a 10k?

im running a 10k on saturday, as part of a 30k 4-person relay race (5k-10k-10k-5k). I'm hoping to run my leg in around 36.

5. samblackbones

10k pr is during my last half marathon 34:36 . . .
    I was in cracking shape though and also payed a high price for going out that hard.

6. JayJay

JayJay Stylish Dinosaur

Congrats! The time is very fast by my standards.

7. thesecondprize

thesecondprize Senior Member

2.05 with small dog - would've gone back out alone but my ankle felt funny. Will try to get out for a longer run tomorrow.

8. jwied82

jwied82 Senior Member

yeah, thats a pretty fast 10k to start a half-marathon! how much did you end up slowing down later in the race?

9. samblackbones

Lots and lots,
    Came through in 1:18:27 so the last 5k was like 20 + mins or something horrific. I got through the 10k saw my split and new instantly that it was going to be a battle. The last 3 were torture.

10. mylesmyles

mylesmyles Senior Member

ING NYC Marathon yesterday - a PR of 3:08:36.

11. samblackbones

yeah buddy. Way to go - thats a smokin time. How far back did you start? Was it a tough experience waiting at the line? I am going to run it next year I think.

12. JayJay

JayJay Stylish Dinosaur

An easy and enjoyable 6 miles this morning. Unlike yesterday, I felt good from start to finish. I still can't figure out what went wrong yesterday because I felt fine but just hated running once I got started. :confused:

13. mylesmyles

mylesmyles Senior Member

I was in the first wave - 2nd corral (which is sort of the first corral, as my lane - orange - had the local elites in front of me). As a result - there weren't any issues with starting far back and having to weave being an issue. As for waiting - I had a pretty late ferry so I didn't have much down time which was nice. This was my second NYC and it was a very good experience. Any questions you have I'm happy to answer.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2011

14. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Bearded Prick Dubiously Honored

Congratulations! That pace is amazing. I think that's about as fast as I've ever run any one mile during one my runs.

I watched the telecast this morning, awed by the pace of both the men and the women at the front. I felt kinda bad for the second and third place men who broke the previous course record but didn't win. The guy in second won a championship and half a million bucks, though, so I bet that took away some of the sting!

15. antirabbit

antirabbit Distinguished Member

Great running everyone!
    Way to go on the PR at the marathon!

Damn Sam....

I did 9 today, negative split after 5 miles and felt great. Not sure where Im going with this. I am not planned in any races (not that I am fast), and I am not in shape or in the milage brackets to run an ultra yet. I think we will see what the winter brings and will likely run the North Face Challenge in WI and the Ice Age 50 next year. I may opt for a marathon or a very cool 1/2. For now, Im just enjoying the season and seeing my fitness really build in. The legs and ankle are holding well.