How many miles did you run today?

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by MonkeyFresh, Jun 25, 2008.

1. jwied82

jwied82 Senior member

ran a half marathon this morning. Finished in 1:19:30, which is about 3 min. off my PR. I hoped to do a little better, but the course was quite hilly and it was extremely windy out (wind took as much out of me as the hills!) so i'm just happy i finished without falling off pace too much for the last half of the race.

2. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

A beautiful day here with plenty of sun and temps in the upper 50's, albeit a bit windy. Yet, although I was looking forward to a mid-day run of 6-7 miles, I just couldn't get into it once I started. I was feeling miserable even though I was well hydrated and had had a light snack. After 3 miles, I realized that I wasn't having fun, so I stopped. :(

Last edited: Nov 6, 2011

3. samblackbones

samblackbones Senior member

good to hear from you man.

3rd Overall in 10k today with a slowwwww time (36:22)
    right on the coast and wind/rain took it out of me as well.
    Felt pretty crappy going in so I was happy with the 50$ dicks sporting goods gift certificate. . . need new running sock.

4. jwied82

jwied82 Senior member

36:22 isn't slow! whats your pr for a 10k?

im running a 10k on saturday, as part of a 30k 4-person relay race (5k-10k-10k-5k). I'm hoping to run my leg in around 36.

5. samblackbones

10k pr is during my last half marathon 34:36 . . .
    I was in cracking shape though and also payed a high price for going out that hard.

6. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

Congrats! The time is very fast by my standards.

7. thesecondprize

thesecondprize Senior member

2.05 with small dog - would've gone back out alone but my ankle felt funny. Will try to get out for a longer run tomorrow.

8. jwied82

jwied82 Senior member

yeah, thats a pretty fast 10k to start a half-marathon! how much did you end up slowing down later in the race?

9. samblackbones

Lots and lots,
    Came through in 1:18:27 so the last 5k was like 20 + mins or something horrific. I got through the 10k saw my split and new instantly that it was going to be a battle. The last 3 were torture.

10. mylesmyles

mylesmyles Senior member

ING NYC Marathon yesterday - a PR of 3:08:36.

11. samblackbones

yeah buddy. Way to go - thats a smokin time. How far back did you start? Was it a tough experience waiting at the line? I am going to run it next year I think.

12. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

An easy and enjoyable 6 miles this morning. Unlike yesterday, I felt good from start to finish. I still can't figure out what went wrong yesterday because I felt fine but just hated running once I got started. :confused:

13. mylesmyles

mylesmyles Senior member

I was in the first wave - 2nd corral (which is sort of the first corral, as my lane - orange - had the local elites in front of me). As a result - there weren't any issues with starting far back and having to weave being an issue. As for waiting - I had a pretty late ferry so I didn't have much down time which was nice. This was my second NYC and it was a very good experience. Any questions you have I'm happy to answer.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2011

14. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Bearded Prick Dubiously Honored

Congratulations! That pace is amazing. I think that's about as fast as I've ever run any one mile during one my runs.

I watched the telecast this morning, awed by the pace of both the men and the women at the front. I felt kinda bad for the second and third place men who broke the previous course record but didn't win. The guy in second won a championship and half a million bucks, though, so I bet that took away some of the sting!

15. antirabbit

antirabbit Senior member

Great running everyone!
    Way to go on the PR at the marathon!

Damn Sam....

I did 9 today, negative split after 5 miles and felt great. Not sure where Im going with this. I am not planned in any races (not that I am fast), and I am not in shape or in the milage brackets to run an ultra yet. I think we will see what the winter brings and will likely run the North Face Challenge in WI and the Ice Age 50 next year. I may opt for a marathon or a very cool 1/2. For now, Im just enjoying the season and seeing my fitness really build in. The legs and ankle are holding well.