How many miles did you run today?

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by MonkeyFresh, Jun 25, 2008.

1. antirabbit

antirabbit Senior member

saving myself for a long run tomorrow morning. Walked a ton at the Brookfield zoo today.
    Likely a 10+ effort tomorrow, most likely a 12.5 or so loop of the easy trail system.

2. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

I had a good 5+ mi. mid-day run today in beautiful autumn weather.

3. samblackbones

samblackbones Senior member

10 today with the national intercollegiate running club's southwest regional. I ended up 4th behind 3 guys from USC. USC doesn't have a mens cross country team so Their 5k/10k track guys were there. I was pumped to finish that well, it was in the 90s and the course had just under 1000 feet of climbing so the times were slow and a bunch of people got heat exhaustion and two or heat stroke. Yikes!
    EDIT race was 8k in San Luis Obispo.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2011

4. Gong Tao

Gong Tao Senior member

8 miles today- I am pleased with my progress, but I am definitely not in the same condition I was 5 weeks ago before I got hurt.

5. SD1

SD1 Senior member

Fast 5K today. Second cool morning of the fall.

6. Dr Nemo

Dr Nemo Senior member

6 miles on a picture perfect morning along the Lake Michigan shoreline.

7. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

I ran 7 miles this afternoon on another beautiful day.

It was a good run; however, I wore new shoes, and though I felt the side of the shoe digging into my left ankle, I didn't realize until the end of the run that my foot and shoe were a bloody mess. :fu: The shoes are the brand I always wear, and I had the same issue with my previous pair but I had worn those in more gently without them cutting, literally, into my ankle.

8. ribkin

ribkin Senior member

5 miles

Last edited: Oct 24, 2011

9. antirabbit

antirabbit Senior member

Rocked out 13.5 on Sat. It was kind of a horror show, but I did it. I wanted to see what a real long run would feel like in my condition. Ran it in about 1:50
    Good: My ankle felt great, my lungs felt good, I was able to drink the whole time, my form was consistant the whole time and I didnt really have any need to stop.
    Bad: my legs felt like lead weights after 8 miles, I began to sweat alot, and I had to take on a gel and some electrolytes to keep from cramping up. I chaffed my nips bad and really chaffed in an area I have never chaffed. I was wiped out the rest of the day and ate like a hog last night.

Good news is I could have easily run 6-7 today, but didnt as I wanted to make sure I recover right and keep building this right. I was not really very sore today, not unusually so.

I think I really need to work on strength and the endurance will just be there. So, hills and the secret spot are what the doctor orders....

Nice work SAM!!!1

10. samblackbones

Thanks man!
    I had a "gnarly" long run tonight. I will post the garmin later but basically I took off from my gym (5 miles inland) at 5 PM, ran to the coast highway, got onto coastal trails that go up about 1000 feet of elevation to get back to the gym. Well when I was on the trails two things happened, darkness fell, and seriously thick fog rolled in. Basically, I was on trails I dont know super well, it was pitch black, and I couldn't see my hand in front of me. After a few minutes contemplating my mortality I saw a guy hiking in the fog and felt a ton better. The fog was so thick that I got lost on streets I run on all of the time, but it was seriously eerie/cool/fun/challenging, and a PERFECT halloween long run!
    Seriously spent about 10-20 minutes imagining the worst case scenario in which an TBS Documentary is made about the ghost of an irresponsible jogger that haunts the local trails . . . .
    BTW it was 16.5 At about 7:10 pace.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2011

11. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

^^ spooky, man. Glad you made it back okay.

yesterday, 13.1 (houston half marathon) in 1:44:20. I thought I was in PR shape, but the hills told me otherwise. actually, the last 11 miles were out and back on Memorial/Allen Parkway, and I was awfully unprepared for them. My 7:30 pace fell off into the 8:20 or so as I took a few walk breaks in the last 4 miles, but I kicked it in and held off a few late surgers.

12. meliehussein

meliehussein Member

13. about11oclock

about11oclock Senior member

8th in a small town 15k yesterdat in 1:03 on the nose. 6 recovery miles later tonight.

14. samblackbones

Awesome race - congratulations.
    Ran 10.5 or so today easy.

15. ribkin

ribkin Senior member