• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Not sure, but 2, maybe 3 at most today at 5 a.m. I ran with a colleague out of town who runs regularly, but who also turned out to run at a pace much slower than me. Midway during the run he wanted to walk back. :( I don't like running with other people and this is one of the reasons why.

The good thing about the morning was that the weather was a warm and somewhat humid 65 degrees.

Dr Nemo

Reaction score
Not stupid at all. Everyone varies in preferences, including food. Used to run afternoons but now can run mornings, and do. I have two mugs of coffee and a bagel with light butter and honey.

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My first race since June 2010.....also since surgery.
Came down with Strep on Wed. no real runs since Tuesday.
Mexican last night....basically everything was not right this morning, except the weather.
Ran a 24:56 5K, wanted sub 23, but I really didnt have it in the legs or the lungs to push into that.
Went out fine and knocked off a 7:05 first mile, 2nd mile was 7:58, and then the wheels said noooo and the lungs said, hey dude, we are not as strong as we used to be and I had to pull back and basically put me in a crawl by the last 400 or so.
It was fun and I ran the 1 mile "fun" run after to cool off. Wasnt happy with that so my pops and I went to the easy trails and did another 5 miles at a slugs pace.

Amazingly beautiful day, some decent miles.

Gong Tao

Reaction score
A little more than a mile today with my kids. First time I have run since dislocating my shoulder a month ago. My shoulder feels fine so I will go again tomorrow.

samblackbones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
antirabbit - good to see you getting such solid miles in. Fitness/speed will comeback with time, and your body will be rested and ready to take on good volume for another year or so.
Basically a complete 0 week for me which sucks but is necessary. I haven't really taken time off since 2 marathons ago so its probably good to get a rest, but it is really tough on my psyche!.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I ran 6 mi this morning followed by 30 minutes of weights and a 2 mi walk with the dog. The weather is perfect here today.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
16 miles in 2:05:32, negative splits. feel good...for now

Gong Tao

Reaction score
A slow 5.5 today. I want to get back to 12, with a lot of hills and stairs, which is where I was before I hurt my arm.

lagsun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ran 8+ this morning on the trail but rolled my ankle early in the run and started to tighten up at the end. Ran every day this week.

Dr Nemo

Reaction score
Sam--Nice job with a 1:18 half!

5mi in the rain this morning, just coming back after a red eye flight from Anchorage.

Last edited:

samblackbones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
6 today with core.
Sadly this was my long run for the week :(

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads