1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

How many miles did you run today?

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by MonkeyFresh, Jun 25, 2008.

1. samblackbones

samblackbones Distinguished Member

Boston Registration Submitted,
    I will find out tonight if I'm in for sure or not.
    Fingers crossed

2. ribkin

ribkin Senior Member

3. lagsun

lagsun Distinguished Member

Getting skunked is my biggest fear when running in the early morning. Major reason I use a flashlight so I can see them before it's too late. Ran about 34 minutes at 5:30am this morning. My experiment to go more minimal didn't end well as an old calf injury started acting up and then I got PF to boot. Trying to get back in the swing of things after taking a week off.

4. clarinetplayer

clarinetplayer Distinguished Member

The other morning, while running at early before the sunrise, a fox crossed my path. "That ain't no dog!"
    On numerous occasions, I have had to dodge a deer. Scares the hell out of me.

5. antirabbit

antirabbit Distinguished Member

learned that a PT session where they work my quads with heavy weight session is not best followed by a 5 mile run to get in my cardio.....worst yet, I had pt on Tuesday, still sore today and I have PT in an hour. I yearn to run, its 42 degrees out and not a cloud in the sky here in Chicago. So, I will wing it and tear up the legs a bit more!

Good luck Sam with Boston, my guess is you will get in!

6. mylesmyles

mylesmyles Senior Member

8.2 miles yesterday in 1:08:41 in Central Park. Was a semi recovery run but felt pretty good.

7. lagsun

lagsun Distinguished Member

I grew up in the NY suburbs where all we saw were squirrels. In my area of the SF Bay Area, I've seen skunks, deer, raccoons, foxes and coyotes during my early morning runs on the local roads. And on the trails a couple of miles from my house I've encountered rattle snakes, cattle and once thought I saw a mountain lion until I realized later it was just a bobcat. Freaked me out the rest of my run.

8. Thomas

Thomas Stylish Dinosaur

Good luck Sam!

Now I'm worried about my chances of making it in. Of course, I've got to run that pesky qualifying time thing...

today, I ended up lacing up my speedwork shoes (Mizuno Inspire?) and ripped through 5.3 miles in 39 minutes, which generally happens a bit later in the season. It wasn't easy but not really any distress during the run, either.

9. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Bearded Prick Dubiously Honored

Felt good this morning, so I pushed hard for the first couple of miles and did 8:04 average pace. The second mile was sub-8. This is really fast for me. Took about 45s to drink some water, then finished up the rest of my usual 4.6 at about 8:30. Knee still doesn't feel 100 percent, so I need do something about that.

10. samblackbones

samblackbones Distinguished Member

Thanks Thomas! Still waiting to hear back.
    Doubled yesterday for 15 total, trying for the century mark this week . . . .
    we will see.
    Got out for 4 in the early afternoon to preview a 5k course I am running this weekend with a friend,
    11 PM with 3 x 2miles in 10:55,11:05, 11:15 w/ 5 minutes rest between reps. A really challenging workout to stay into when I am doing it alone but my splits were very satisfying. Definitely the best mile rep type workout I have ever done.
    15 for the day.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2011

11. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

6 beautifully fast miles barechested in a cool rain. Total runners high run today, I LOVE THOSE!

12. clarinetplayer

clarinetplayer Distinguished Member

3 miles in a little over 19 minutes. Extremely good for me. Temp, this a.m., was 35 degrees. I've got to get used to breathing in cold air.

13. ribkin

ribkin Senior Member

I run just a wee bit slower ( 5 miles / 40 min ) with Mizuno Wave Inspire 7s. Great shoe. I'm 6'1 180 lb... you?

14. ribkin

ribkin Senior Member

5.03 miles today

15. JayJay

JayJay Stylish Dinosaur

A chilly 4.5 miles this morning. The cold temps motivated me to develop a fast pace quickly.