1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

How many miles did you run today?

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by MonkeyFresh, Jun 25, 2008.

1. JayJay

JayJay Stylish Dinosaur

2. ribkin

ribkin Senior Member

5 miles yesterday

3. ribkin

ribkin Senior Member

5 miles today...

kopped some New Standards from Barneys... sized one down... 33... could barely get into size 34 a few months ago...

4. samblackbones

samblackbones Distinguished Member

I had low expectations for this morning's 5k, but ended up running 16:51 for a PR.
    8 thus far for the day.

5. Dr Nemo

Dr Nemo Senior Member

10mi at 90% effort in 80% humidity and 80 degrees, dead calm winds. Occasional brief walk breaks help to manage the heat stress.

6. MoreFire

MoreFire Senior Member

7. samblackbones

15 easy today. 7 min pace most of the way.
    Easy long run at the end of a planned down week. Tomorrow serious marathon specific training starts.

8. JayJay

JayJay Stylish Dinosaur

Ran 3 miles this morning around 5 a.m. in nearly total darkness in southern Indiana. Here for meetings, and the resort is gorgeous but in the middle of no where. There are excellent trails here well suited for running, but it was too scary-dark for me to venture onto them; thus, I ran on the place's multiple long brick-paved driveways that were very dimly lit but mostly pitch black :fu: . I was startled several times by raccoons, deer, and little critters along the way. High humidity to boot. Overall, a decent run, but not in the best conditions.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2011

9. samblackbones

killer tempo tonight - 1 mile up/ 7 miles at HM pace ( 6:05-6:15)/2 down
    Felt really good to run at a fast but sustainable pace.
    I can feel myself getting back into shape, and I am closer to my ideal weight than I have been since San Diego.
    Feelin lucky to get to run.

10. Harry32

Harry32 Member

I usually go two times a week for a 3-4 miles run. Usually directly after work which is much easier on an emtpy stomach!

11. roryben

roryben Senior Member

I find I run better when I'm hungry.

5.75mi last night. Saucony Mirage feeling good so far

12. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Bearded Prick Dubiously Honored

7.25 on Monday, mix of too-soft trail that was like running on sand, and concrete alongside the beach. Yes, I'm on vacation! Ran maybe .75 barefoot on the beach later that day with my son, but I think I strained something in my foot. This was great for walking and standing around Disneyland today...

13. streetminimal

streetminimal Senior Member

To the guys who run exorbitant miles like 5-10 etc. how long have you been running for?

I can only manage 2 miles at the moment and there are days where I get sore calves like shit and can't continue and have to walk the remainder. Really gives me the shits.

14. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Distinguished Member

its all about build up slowly and surely you end up building a "base" (pretty much means aerobic capacity as well as bone, muscle, and tendon strength). sometimes there's certain personal barriers you need to break and can be more of a mental thing - this is easily solved by either running with a partner/group or better yet joining a race and progressively longer races down the road.

You may think that you can only finish the 3k/2miles and thats it... but thats actually a great start! Think about how far two miles is when you drive (its actually pretty far especially in the city).

Again you may think you can only pull off the present 2 miles... but I can bet that if were to join a 5k race - with all the other runners and crowds at the finish... you'd finish just fine and with no problems... see you already proved that you can run more than the present 2 miles? next try a 4mile race or 8k race... then a 10k... ect...

You don't have to break those pesky mile/distance milestones by yourself... but even when you do you feel like a million bucks afterwards.

15. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Distinguished Member

I got in just over 8 miles this morning starting around 4:45 a.m. Usually this time of year I don't pass too many other runners on my morning runs because it's already in the 70s with humidity levels to match but it was a much more comfortable morning and I counted about 30 other runners along my route... the most I've seen in a long time.