1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: A Made-to-Measure suit from Lanieri

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Made-to-measure suit from Lanieri. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

How many miles did you run today?

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by MonkeyFresh, Jun 25, 2008.

1. ribkin

ribkin Senior Member

5 painful miles in ~ 40.

2. PMac

PMac Well-Known Member

I use some of the P90x workouts, tailored around my running schedule. Mostly push-ups, pull-ups, an ab workout and some dumbbell exercises. I try to do these exercises 3 days/week(evenings) and run 5-6 days/week(mornings).

3. MoreFire

MoreFire Senior Member

Don't have any dumbbells, neither a chance to do pull ups at home. I do have a Theraband though :slayer:
    Gotta check out the P90x workouts, thanks for the tip!

4. JayJay

JayJay Stylish Dinosaur

An easy 4 miles this morning on the Riverwalk and along Lakeshore Drive in Chicago. Weather and scenery were great, and I felt good all the way. Sprinting to beat changing lights as I made my way back to the hotel was exhilarating. Still amazed at how I've been able to get back into running without any ill effects whatsoever, at least so far.:D

5. samblackbones

samblackbones Distinguished Member

Aside from some pretty minimal sit-ups and push ups I do after runs, I try to get in a set of hill repeats each week, or at least a hard run on a hilly course. Running up hill hard develops core and leg strength, and is what many of the east africans do in lieu of a formal gym workout. Something like 12 X 400 up hill with equal recovery (or easy jogging down hill). I am particularly lazy about doing supplemental strength work, and I know it would benefit my running, but it is hard to get motivated at the end of a run.

Yesterday doubled (11 and 7). Worked in a 2.5k repeat at 5k effort last night. Probably about 5:15 pace.
    and 11 tonight. Worked in 1 mile at 5:15 pace (watch/track confirmed)
    Will try to double easy tomorrow so I will have fresh legs for a sunday morning 5k.

6. MoreFire

MoreFire Senior Member

Isn't the best idea to do it right after running anyway because you're body is already exhausted from running. I would completely cut running from your strength routine. That being said, I know it's hard to get going, I usually do my workout in the evening during watching TV...

AND I dont do it to improve running but in order to prevent myself from getting hurt. I've made some pretty bad experiences when I did some extensive running (marathon distance) and at the same time did not care enough for core strength (only did yoga at that time). The result was a fatigue fracture after my first marathon after which I wasnt able to run for about half a year. That was pretty annoying I tell you. Don't want that to happen again, hence the interest in tweaking my workout routine...

edit. And to stay on topic: I ran about 15-16 miles today.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2011

7. PMac

PMac Well-Known Member

Ran an easy 10 miles this morning, was good to get a longer run in. Have only done a few double digit runs since my spring marathon.

8. samblackbones

8 easy today in anticipation of tomorrow's 5k.
    Looking at the times from last year, it is a slow course and a small crowd, so I am hoping to do well.

9. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

6 miles yesterday, 7 today, may go out later tonight for another 4 if I don't eat too many meatballs at my folks for Sunday (new trail Newtons)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 31, 2011

10. marvinbernard

marvinbernard Member

11. samblackbones

11 or 12 this AM with a 5k cross country race in 17:29. 4th overall and 1st in age group. It was a tough course, and I was happy to be in contention for 2nd, but a couple of guys just had an extra gear coming down the stretch. I also got harassed by a dog midway through the 3rd mile, which wasn't too bad, but kind of broke my concentration.
    Will get out for a few more tonight, and hopefully that will bring me to 90 for the week.

12. supermidget

supermidget Senior Member

took an easy 3 in 21:30~ this morning.

13. JayJay

JayJay Stylish Dinosaur

An easy 5 this morning while still in Chicago. Started a little rough but ended up feeling great. In fact, I'd planned on 3 but I lost track of time and how far I had run as I ran along Lake Shore Drive.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2011

14. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

Dad made sausage and brocciole, no shot I'm running again tonight...lol.

15. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Distinguished Member

I left for about a 7 mile run this afternoon but decided to run down a portion of trail I'd never been down before and then got lost running through a local private school campus. My planned 7 miles turned into a very hot, sweaty, and painful 10 miles.