1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

How many miles did you run today?

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by MonkeyFresh, Jun 25, 2008.

1. Flame

Flame Senior member

Recovering from an infected corn...i normally clock 20-30 km a week, should I now bike instead for the time being?

2. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

Biking and the elliptical were my substitutes for running during my 4-week recovery from a foot injury. It worked out pretty well although I couldn't always get my heart rate up as fast or high as I can with running.

3. quevola

quevola Senior member

+1

21 slow miles late last night. I have a rest day today and a 5k tomorrow morrning.

Have a great weekend peeps!

Nice pic Dressed!

4. clarinetplayer

clarinetplayer Senior member

Nice 6 mile Saturday morning run. Temp at 31, but not bad.

5. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

3 miles earlier this afternoon. I wasn't really into it, so I stopped at 3.

6. samblackbones

samblackbones Senior member

3.5 shakeout today with 5 strides at race pace (100 - 300 meters).
    Dealing with JetBlue at the moment to change my Boston reservations. Would not be a problem if their hold music wasn't awful, awful soft rock.

7. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Senior member Dubiously Honored

6 this morning in what passes for a downpour here in SF. Hoping to avoid water damage, I tucked my iPhone in my pocket and ran without monitoring my pace. Ended up right on the fast end of my range for this distance.

I love running in the rain.

1 person likes this.
  8. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

+1 for running in the rain...

I did an 11.5 mile hilly trail run this afternoon. I figure about 2200 feet of climbing, and the sort of mud that you slide in. Good times. I almost bit it once, but caught myself with my other foot. It didn't start raining in the south bay until I was almost finished. It was sure windy out in the hills though!

9. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

4Miles.

My lunaglide's got holes today (dunno why. Aging?) and I had to throw them away.

What are some running shoes for a dude with underpronation? Only recently (Since February) I have started thinking about running as a healthy habit, and taking it seriously.

My friend tells me rule of thumb is that the uglier the shoes are, the better. Does this mean that I have to give up those fancy Free's and Lunar's?

10. quevola

quevola Senior member

Ceoceo: I would go to your local running store and try on a bunch of different shoes before you buy.

Carlsbad 5k in 21:40. I was hoping for a sub 21. Maybe next time.

11. ribkin

ribkin Senior member

12. samblackbones

Carlsbad 5000 today in 16:46. A PR for me !!!!!!!!!!!!!! also on a windy day.

Quevola - the wind really sucked during your race. Almost everyone I know who ran the masters div. missed their goals. It was still windy by the time I ran, but probably 40% less. I still need to total up the weeks miles. Not very many, but the pre boston taper madness starts today!

Last edited: Apr 1, 2012
  13. sugarbutch

Congrats, Sam! Sorry, quevola.

14. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

5 miles followed by an hour or so of weights and core. An easy and enjoyable run and workout.

15. mylesmyles

mylesmyles Senior member

Was down in FL for the weekend, got in 14.2 miles in 1:40:07 on Saturday and 13.77 in 1:38:38 on Sunday, total elevation CHANGE for the 2 days runs.....17 feet. Not exactly ideal for WS training, bu running in the heat felt good.

16. ribkin

ribkin Senior member

17. sugarbutch

6. Nike+GPS flipped out and credited me with a mile after 3 minutes! That would have been one hell of a PR. Anyway, the overall time was accurate, and I know the distance of this route. Crushed the last mile.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  18. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Yesterday 13.1 on severely limited mileage post-marathon. I was in my last mile and noticed that pretty well everyone in front of me appeared to be in good shape, so I carried on and finished okay - my worst 13.1 mile split in a while (1:54).

Then I checked the results and saw that I came in 78 / 910 overall, and 7 / 62 in my age group, and fourth place was only one minute faster than me. So I feel better about this now.

That concludes this racing season, and after some rest I'll begin gearing up for San Antonio in November. JMRouse wants to run that one. But next time around I will run significantly more mileage and do a better job of dropping weight.

1 person likes this.
  19. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Senior member

Not much running lately, more sprinting, intervals and hills. Today, did 5.5 jog for the first time in a month:
    [​IMG]
    Windy by the H2O today.

20. samblackbones

10 today easy.
    Almost stepped on a baby rattlesnake. My friend noticed, and we stopped to get a look. The thing seriously started rattling and freaking out. 90 seconds later we saw another - pretty exciting stuff!