How many miles did you run today?

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by MonkeyFresh, Jun 25, 2008.

1. jwied82

jwied82 Senior member

8 miles tonight in brutal heat and humidity.. sounds like alot of people are here and enjoying similar weather though.

just checked out your twitter, sam. Love the fact that you suggested to Tegenkamp to listen to Titus Andronicus! they are one of my favorite bands of the last couple years, ever since i saw them open for los campesinos, without having listened to them previously, and was blown away.

2. worldrunner

worldrunner Senior member

4 miles...Nice day in the valley

3. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

5.2 in the brutal heat and humidity after 1:30 in the gym working on biceps and triceps (mostly triceps).

4. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Bearded Prick Dubiously Honored

mismatched compression socks

Pardon the noob question, but what do these socks do for you?

5.2 in the brutal heat and humidity after 1:30 in the gym working on biceps and triceps (mostly triceps).

Are you trying to pump yourself out of your fine bespoke clothing? [​IMG]

5. Mikie

Mikie New Member

Well 5 miles enough for me and i don't need more running because i just do it for fitness and i don't want to loose weight and run only to keep myself fit. And i run for 4 miles.

http://www.nolimitbootcamp.com

Last edited: Jul 15, 2011

6. airblaster503

airblaster503 Senior member

Going to try and start posting in this thread again as I try to get back into shape. Going to try and break 1:30 in a half possibly in the fall

Yesterday, 7 miles
    Today 4 miles
    Both at about 8min pace

Luckily no brutal heat up here in the PNW, but when it has been hot I have been running at night after 9.

7. samblackbones

samblackbones Senior member

Titus Andronicus Forever!
    Perfect running music.
    The compression socks help improve blood flow to your calfs and also restrict some of the swelling in your feet that happens when you run for a while. The improved blood flow allows your body to clear out lactic acid and other damaged blood cells more quickly (so says the marketers of the products).
    I use them because they have never done me wrong in a big race. The American 10k record holder wears them also (chris solinsky).
    I would recommend them if you are having tightness in your achilles/calfs.
    10 tonight including a cross country style workout. 8 x 2/5ths of a mile with .1 mile jogging recovery. Kept the repeats below 5:05 pace for the most part. Also did 8x 200 meter strides back at the track w 100 meters jogging recovery.
    Finally feeling good enough to run hard again!

8. about11oclock

about11oclock Senior member

6.5 tonight at about 7:15/mi

9. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Bearded Prick Dubiously Honored

Thanks, Sam.

5.25. PR for 5k and the whole run about 43s/mile faster than I did last week. Not sure what changed, but I like it!

10. samblackbones

First post with new styleforum layout. Much easier on the eyes, but I am in the adjustment period.
    Ran just about 11 tonight with no watch. Nice, cool and relaxing after a long day.
    Did not get my planned double in today, but I am happy with how my body is feeling.

11. mylesmyles

mylesmyles Senior member

Got in a quick run over the Queensboro Bridge last night before the storm; 4.1 miles in 26:34

12. mabel

mabel Member

I don't run for health reasons, but what I do is brisk walking at least one hour a day and it works fine with me.

13. samblackbones

11 today with 3 at half marathon pace and 3 at a little slower than Marathon pace. I felt pretty tired and didn't really get going as fast as I wanted for a true tempo type effort. May get out and get 6 more in tonight.

14. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

I hike/ran/crawled up the Major Welch Trail + Appalachian Trail loop (4.25miles) yesterday at Bear Mountain. It took 1.5 hours (with a 10min break at the peak).

http://www.nynjtc.org/hike/bear-mountain-state-park-0

First time at Bear Mountain and the NYNJTC "strenuous" classification was correct for the Major Welch (assent part) to the summit (a little over 1200ft). The rock footpath is actually jog-able even when its wicked steep. But I ended up just hiking a lot of it, because I had no clue when the ascent would end (the path markers) would just keep showing up and you'd see more rock paths leading up in the distance.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

The descent through the Appalachian Trail was very easy and totally runnable. The path has been manicured and set up with stone steps all the way down.

There are a lot of other longer and probably harder trails but since Bear Mountain is so close to the Woodbury Premium Outlets (less than 10min away) we decided to head up and do some shopping after the trail jog.

15. PMac

PMac Well-Known Member

4.8 miles in the early morning hours today.