1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

How many miles did you run today?

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by MonkeyFresh, Jun 25, 2008.

1. Alexanderjohn

Alexanderjohn Member

Hello,
    Not more running,
    I like cycling, and daily i travel 10 miles on my cycle.
    Watch Reviews

Last edited: Mar 24, 2012
  2. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

3.5 miles this morning.

3. mylesmyles

mylesmyles Senior member

Got in 4 miles over the Queensboro Bridge in 30:45 this morning - legs are still feeling heavy from this past weekend.

4. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

Not as much as some of my friends... My weeks range from 25-40 miles, depending on how much cycling I'm doing. I've been taking the last few weeks off from swimming. I'll get back in the pool after I get back from Utah next Wednesday. My shoulders needed a break.

I tend to run 3-4 times per week, and ride 3 days. Swimming is normally 2-3 days (depending on whether I get an open water workout in on the weekends.

I'll be building my long runs up into the mid 20s in April. I'm thinking my longest weeks will push close to 50 miles. The hard part is keeping the cycling training up: I'm doing a 400km brevet in mid-April.

5. samblackbones

samblackbones Senior member

12.5 tonight with 5 mile tempo splits of 546 541 544 551 (stopped to wait for someone) 540. Another solid tempo in the bank. Training continues to go well. Now i just need to not fuck it up before Carlsbad/Boston.

6. ribkin

ribkin Senior member

7. Bill Smith

Bill Smith Senior member

Did about 26 KM this week with a mixture of road work avg. 7.5 KM and 6.5 KM on a treadmill on average when the weather is crap. I find I run much better on the road.

8. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

3 miles this morning.

9. samblackbones

I also run better on the roads. Being in nevada for a few days made me grateful for a treadmill though.
    Today 10 miles in Hollywood. Do you guys get yelled at while running by people in cars? I feel like at least twice a week someone yells "faggot" at me. Thats always what they say.

10. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

^^^I've never been yelled at while running that I've heard or recall, but I do get unflattering remarks when I'm cycling.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2012
  11. ribkin

ribkin Senior member

12. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

3 miles. Easy. I picked up the pace a bit given that my foot has been fine during recent runs. I'm happy to be running again.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  13. samblackbones

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/161174001

Today's 24 miler. I recall the time I did this before San Diego (my current PR) I did this at about 730 pace. Today felt pretty easy and I was closer to 706. I feel like I am in good 50k -50 mile shape right now. Sadly my goals are in the shorter distances

14. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

^^^Sam, that's impressive.

15. ribkin

ribkin Senior member

16. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

I ran 6.25 hilly miles in Washington, UT this morning. The dry air is a bit hard on my body which is used to sea level in the Bay Area. Nice place though... Out here visiting my parents.

17. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Senior member Dubiously Honored

Managed to sneak in 2.8 around Sears Point this morning before racing started. Turn 2 is a killer.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  18. quevola

quevola Senior member

4 easy to cap off 68 for the week.

19. samblackbones

Nice Quevola. You are running San Diego right? Do you run for a club?
    I may do the half.
    6 am and 6 pm today for a 102 mile week.
    The mileage has been good, and I am not too beat up. I am going to start cutting back this week and race the carlsbad 5000 on sunday for my club. The thought of putting all of my fitness on the line in Boston is scary, but hopefully it will be worth it!
    Should be fun.

1 person likes this.
  20. mylesmyles

mylesmyles Senior member

Got in another solid GWB to Piermont run on The Long Path this Staurday - 34.98 miles in 5:41:45 and I had to walk most of the bridge on the way back due to bike traffic, you'd think it was the Tour de France out there. Next long run will be in the 45-50 mile range in 2 weeks. Ran a light recovery of 3.5 miles in 41:12 on Sunday. Legs are feeling surprisingly good this monring.