How many miles did you run today?

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by MonkeyFresh, Jun 25, 2008.

1. thesecondprize

thesecondprize Senior member

2.87, again, due to soreness.

I need a new route.

2. otc

otc Senior member

Did the JPMorgan Chase Corporate Challenge 3.5 mile in 24:04

Its just over a minute better than my time last year and I was rather surprised as I have literally been running 3 times since then (two times in the last few weeks and one time many months ago).

3. antirabbit

antirabbit Senior member

got my cast off yesterday. First time I have seen my left leg from the knee down in 3 weeks. They removed 58 stitches and put me in a boot.
    My leg is literally shrunk, my calf is pitiful and my upper leg is about the size it was before I started running.
    FOK.
    I am bound and determined to heal and get back to it quick. I have very limited motion because the joint is so swollen.
    Im so glad the rest of you all are rocking it!

BTW, my little brother is in the Ski to Sea race in WA this weekend. You should check it out, its super cool. He does the alpine skiing portion (1500 vert of climbing in boots and carrying skis), he usually gets 4th out of 500 in his leg.
    Any how, keep the fire blazing.

4. Raf Simmons

Raf Simmons Well-Known Member

^get well soon, dude [​IMG]

3.3 miles today

5. about11oclock

about11oclock Senior member

4 miles today, slept in and it got too hot to go much longer. 12-15 tomorrow most likely, need to get an earlier start.

6. samblackbones

samblackbones Senior member

6 at marathon pace yesterday, probably about the same on tap for today.

7. BrianVarick

BrianVarick Senior member

I ran 3 miles this morning, then my knee started killing me so I walked the last mile home. Would a knee brace help? I am not entirely sure what is going on, it's pinching a nerve or something. Also on the walk back, my arch started throbbing and I could barely walk. If I had my phone I would have called my wife to come pick me up[​IMG]

8. samblackbones

samblackbones Senior member

I ran 3 miles this morning, then my knee started killing me so I walked the last mile home. Would a knee brace help? I am not entirely sure what is going on, it's pinching a nerve or something. Also on the walk back, my arch started throbbing and I could barely walk. If I had my phone I would have called my wife to come pick me up[​IMG]

If the pain was bad enough that it affected your stride you probably want to ice it, rest it and see a doctor if it continues to hurt.
    6 miles today easy

9. thesecondprize

thesecondprize Senior member

squeezed in 2.87mi before dark; personal best time on this route

10. clarinetplayer

clarinetplayer Senior member

4 miles in 25 minutes.

First run in my new Altra Instinct shoes which have a zero heel to toe drop. Very roomy in the toes.

11. jwied82

jwied82 Senior member

6 x 1 mile tonight at the track: 5:37, 5:25, 5:22, 5:14, 5:22, 5:22. Didnt feel so great at the beginning of the workout and thought i would stop after 3 or 4 miles, but eventually i started feeling better and the last 3 were a bit easier and more relaxed than the first three.

12. AussieSwede

AussieSwede Member

Just 2 miles... Oh.. I think 1 mile..

1 mile run, 1 mile walk... [​IMG]

13. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

Keep healin' AR! I'm on a down cycle myself. I think my body has just about had it, I've reached it's age where I just can't do what I used to. My run today was 11.2 miles, slow as shit, and I really felt the heat in the second half. I feel ok now, very hungry (about to eat) but this was a run that I would do 4-5 times a week, now, ooof.

Anyway, Memorial Day run took me from the American Veterans Memorial Pier to the Memorial Monument at Bensonhurst Park and back. My grandfather, who served proudly in WWii and was a shell of himself when he returned lived with my gramma and mom and uncle just across the street, so it was a nice personal touch for me. Sorry for the boring anecdotes, and for the pics if they bug y'all:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    and on my cooldown (I'm really not that white, just plastered myself with sun screen)
    [​IMG]
    Fresh tatt wrapped in a cut sock to prevent it from cooking
    and this beauty:
    [​IMG]

14. about11oclock

about11oclock Senior member

5 yesterday, 4 today, just trying to keep some semblance of routine going between barbecued meat and beer festivals this weekend.