Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

How many miles did you run today?

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by MonkeyFresh, Jun 25, 2008.

1. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Today: 4 miles in 32:14 as I try to shake off this cold.

2. about11oclock

about11oclock Senior member

6 miles along the West Side highway in around 45 minutes. No watch, no headphones, just running.
    Myles, I desire to beat you in an NYRR race. [​IMG]

3. clarinetplayer

clarinetplayer Senior member

A pleasant 7 miles this morning outside before work. It was finally nice enough (40º AND with no wind to speak of) to get outside nice and early.

Hopefully it holds so I can get out of the gym and back to running 6 - 10 miles outside before work 3 days a week. There's nothing like running through my little downtown and the surrounding neighborhoods before 5:00 in the morning when the only other people out are other like-minded individuals.

The wind is worse than any cold temperature. I agree with your preference and reasons for running early in the morning. When there is snow on the road, it is neat to see the tracks of other runners and critters who are out there running with you.

4. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Today, still getting over this cold, but knocked out 6.7 in 53:32.

5. mylesmyles

mylesmyles Senior member

8.67 miles this morning in CP in 57:14. Weather was ideal.

about11oclock - I wish I could tell you I had a great training plan to pass along or was a track star in college, but I just run a descent amount (40-50 miles a week).

6. samblackbones

samblackbones Senior member

7 miles yesterday -
    Right now I am on my way to the ragnar relay
    [​IMG]
    Ready to roll but not sure a) what pace I am going to run or b) what shoes I am gonna wear!
    I am bringing the SLR so I will get some good photos of the craziness.

7. rjmaiorano

rjmaiorano Senior member

Holy god I plump. Hitting the trails for the first time in almost a year.

8. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

9. samblackbones

Full race report to come but finished 31 miles of the relay (one extra leg for a runner on my team)
    net pace was close to a 6:45
    very happy with that - now I am just ground down.
    Excited as shit to watch London/Boston this wknd.
    Replays of Boston on Universal Sports today. . .
    Race Report Ragnar So-Cal

First Leg: 96 degree heat, 7.4 miles , +200 feet of climbing1:30 in the afternoon approximate 6:31 pace , but my Garmin was slow to get going at the start and I got in about +/- half a mile before it registered so I think closer to 6:25.
    This was absolutely brutal. I was hoping for cool weather and received nothing of the sort. I wanted to run at a tempo pace closer to 6 mins but ultimately that was not an option. I was totally satisfied to get as close to a 6:20 pace in the heat and along tarmac that only increased how hot it felt. No shade either. I passed a ton of people. On the Van Leg my teammates all did well for themselves considering the brutal heat and hills, and we probably got a team pace of close to 9:30.
    Food: Leftover pizza/Biscuits and Gravy and Farmer Boys mmmmmmm

Second Leg: 55 degrees 8.7 miles 1:30 AM +1000 feet of vertical 6:42 pace. I felt awesome here, I probably passed 50 people along the course of the race. I rolled out 7:40 and 7:10 mile up the 1 1000 foot vertical hill of the course and all of the rest of my miles were cruising close to a 6:20 pace under a full moon. I felt amazing here and my fitness and legs were feeling awesome. I ended up getting 2 hours of sleet under the stars and an amazing full moon, and my team also did well on this section. I was the first runner of my Van’s 6 runner cycle. We ran 6 legs and then rested while out other Van took over.

Third Leg: 55 Degrees 5.5 miles 5:30 AM +250 feet of climbing 6:39 pace (another adjustment based on a messed up Garmin start). I was not expecting to run this leg at all, but the other Van on our team failed to make it to the transition, and had a sick runner so I got elected to fill in. I kept on feeling great to my surprise, and rolled out a nice comfortable 6:40 pace to the finish of the leg at sunrise through the flower beds of northern San Diego. At this point I had to stop at my first stoplight, something that drives me absolutely crazy! I was really surprised at how fresh I felt, again managing to pass lots of fit folks.

4th Leg: 70 degrees 9.7 miles 11:50 AM +500 feet of climbing along a beautiful route on the coast of La Jolla. I expected to feel completely brutal on this leg, expecting to run 7:30s or more and to hit a wall. Happily this did not happen, and again I felt myself cruising easily at a 6:40 pace. I ran on some awesome trails along the cliffs of La Jolla. Blisters were formed on the balls of my feet

Summary- I had and awesome experience that made me feel really good about where my fitness is at the moment. I did not have to put forth a full blown race effort in order to hit a pace that would give me a close to 2:55 marathon, and at the end of 87 miles in the past 7 days I feel fantastic about where I am at in my training. Couple that with an awesome experience with 6 total strangers, and I had a tremendously rewarding 24 hours! I recommend going for this type of event (especially if you have willing/motivated runners to do it with) and I want to compete with an ultra team in the coming year. Sorry for the long report,
    - Sam

10. rjmaiorano

rjmaiorano Senior member

^^ Congrats on the experience and race Sam.

I have never run anything like that before but it sounds amazing. Those bluffs on La Jolla were my training ground for some time...

11. about11oclock

about11oclock Senior member

17 today, brooklyn into queens to central park, one loop--The Run for Japan!--then back from whence I came to Brooklyn.

12. alliswell

alliswell Senior member

^^ That's not screwing around. Nice one.

6K round trip to the Lincoln Tunnel Channel: 36 minutes
    5K round trip in the Lincoln Tunnel: 24:50. Pleased with that.

13. samblackbones

5.5 recovery/shakeout run today
    77 miles for the week.
    Also signed up for the Rock'n'Roll San Diego Marathon. . . .

14. antirabbit

antirabbit Senior member

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Bravo Sam!!!!

No running for me. My birth Mother showed up on my door step on Friday evening. Mind blowing experience....
    Im heading to LA tonight for meetings into Wed.
    Then I hit the trails at home then head to Minneapolis for the weekend (hit more trails up there).
    finally getting past the Plantar Fascia hell.

15. esspwebmaster

esspwebmaster New Member

i couldn't run today cuz i am a bit ill [​IMG]