How many miles did you run today?

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by MonkeyFresh, Jun 25, 2008.

1. mylesmyles

mylesmyles Senior member

Got in 5.5 miles in 34:52 over the Queensboro Bridge this morning.

2. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

6 mile repeats this morning. Thomas, it was strangely warm this morning. I forgot that humidity makes you sweat.

welcome to my sweaty, smelly, salty world. LOLOL.

3. dmass1

dmass1 Senior member

6 in 41:30 this morning - weather is starting to come around here in Boston

4. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

Sign up for a race! they always have photographers on-course - you just have to be aware of them and smile at the right times. Most of my pics don't feature smiles; in fact in some pics I look like there's a railroad spike being driven into my ribs. ah well.

re: IT band, try stretching it - when mine flared up I stretched it at the hip, took roughly a week and it never came back.

Yeah ive been stretching it. it feels a lot better today. im going to attempt to do 9 miles again tonite see if im up for it.

yes you look like youre in pain but that is the way to do it!

5. Scrumhalf

Scrumhalf Senior member

Nursing a bad back.... 3.5 miles in 30 minutes today. Easy pace.

6. jwied82

jwied82 Senior member

8 today. was hoping to double but it wasnt in the cards. . . .
    Met with these ladies who I am doing the Ragnar relay with next friday (from Huntington Beach to San Diego) - should be interesting. I am actually getting pretty pumped for it! I am running the hardest leg, but the team I am on has a pretty decent pace marked out (9 min/miles vs. a whole ton of 11-12 minute mile teams). I have some friends who are running the same leg on different teams so hopefully I will get to see some of them.

whats the distance of the relay race, how many people per team, # of legs per person?

i have done one long distance relay, a few years ago, and it was a blast. iirc it was 80 miles, 8 people per team, 3 legs per runner... it was pretty tough because you end running each leg something close to 10k race pace.

7. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Yeah ive been stretching it. it feels a lot better today. im going to attempt to do 9 miles again tonite see if im up for it.

yes you look like youre in pain but that is the way to do it!

What I found when I stretched my IT band is that it had a long way to stretch: after a few days I was able to make a boomerang shape in my doorway: foot in one corner, hip touching the opposite doorjamb, shoulder on the foot-side jamb. After that point, I was good to go again.

8. forStyle

forStyle Well-Known Member

did hill work for 25 minutes. weather a little chilly today. come quicker, nicer weather.

9. samblackbones

samblackbones Senior member

You pretty much nailed it Jwied - 12 people on a team, 200 or so miles and the legs range from 4-10 miles depending. They stagger it so that both weaker and stronger runners can participate. I get to run a what is supposed to be the hardest set of legs and I think they sum up to 19 or 21 miles. 2 vans take runners to their next legs. I am really ignorant to most of it, I ended up jumping on with this team at the last minute with a buddy (who then bailed). Still should be fun. They have them all over: http://www.ragnarrelay.com/
    Today I ran 6.5 in the AM and then a workout tonight. Ended up doing 6 X 1200 (all right around 4:04)
    Warm ups and cool downs and jogging recovery included I think around 10 - 11 miles.
    Now I get to tutor some kids for their algebra mid term tomorrow. Not the best.

10. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

^^ yeow - good luck with the relay, Sam.

...today, 8 miles 1:00:50. For some reason, around 4.5 miles I just felt like walking. Weird. I walked for a minute or so, and figured that was it. Then I picked it up again and ran the next 3.5 miles with no trouble at all. ah well.

11. antirabbit

antirabbit Senior member

15 miles in the secret spot, found some new trails, I also failed to find some and paid the price in blood.
    Right knee is nice and abraded.
    Set the course for the Giffnasty Fat Ass run on May 29th.
    Longest Ive run in there. I did 3 loops of 5 miles.

12. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

Hockey has been killing me, three to four nights a week so running has taken a back seat. This week I was able to do a couple of runs, 4.6 miles by the water Monday and 5 Industrial Miles today:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. mm84321

mm84321 Senior member

There's a Costco in Brooklyn now? Or has that been there for a while?

14. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

There's a Costco in Brooklyn now? Or has that been there for a while?
    Been there fr ages...2nd Ave and 39th ST, just off the BQE.

15. about11oclock

about11oclock Senior member

5 for me, nice and easy in light rain. Aching knee, hope it doesnt cause trouble during this Sunday's 10K in central park.
    NYR, still want to come your way and take a run sometime. Promise it won't be weird like it usually is when the internet meets real life.