How many miles did you run today?

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by MonkeyFresh, Jun 25, 2008.

1. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Today, first day back from the half, went 4 miles in 30:20. It was surprisingly cold out there: 53 degrees, which would have been really nice on Sunday.

2. antirabbit

antirabbit Senior member

Today I return to the secret spot.
    BTW, the CHUG (Chicago Ultrarunners Group) is holding an organized run there in May, so it will not be secret anymore. If any of you are around on May 29th, please come on out.
    Im super excited to hit the giant hill (for the Midwest its giant).

3. samblackbones

samblackbones Senior member

Got in 10 slow on monday night and another 16 x 400 track workout last night.
    I am dealing with moving to a new apartment so I haven't had internet access for a couple days which has been frustrating!
    There are a bunch of races in my area this weekend, but I am running a ragnar relay in a few weeks so I am not sure if racing is such a good idea before then.

4. about11oclock

about11oclock Senior member

8 today, and I absolutely attacked the Williamsburg bridge. Starting to feel some confidence about Spring.

5. Flame

Flame Senior member

5 miles in 35 mins. Wasn't even that winded.

I'm feeling really good for next month's half-marathon.

Btw, I'm looking to buy some lightweight running shoes. Bio-mechanically efficient runner due to years of cross country, should I get the Asics DS Trainer or the Nike Lunar Elite 2s?

6. antirabbit

antirabbit Senior member

7. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

5 miles in 35 mins. Wasn't even that winded.

I'm feeling really good for next month's half-marathon.

Btw, I'm looking to buy some lightweight running shoes. Bio-mechanically efficient runner due to years of cross country, should I get the Asics DS Trainer or the Nike Lunar Elite 2s?

I like the DS-Trainers myself, but I'm got a few pairs of the Mizuno Inspire that I'm about to transition to: lower heel (as far as I can tell), and firmer cushioning.

8. mylesmyles

mylesmyles Senior member

4.05 miles last night over the Queensboro Bridge (soon to be the Ed Koch bridge) and back in 26:28

9. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

Mizuno Wave Musha's, or these... http://www.runningwarehouse.com/desc...S-MUNIVS3.html
    The Wave Universe rules!
    Also, Inov8 has some amazing shoes (Their trail shoes are the best out there)

http://www.irunfar.com/2010/10/inov-...e-preview.html

here are my Mizuno Wave Universe 2's (bought all the way back to March 2009).

Back then these were a bit of an "underground" shoe then. Then the minimalist running movement took off.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Yup thats 7.5oz for BOTH SHOES. So 3.75oz per shoe.

I have over a 1000miles on these babies. I started pose running using them right off the bat.

When purchased new the uppers are scary thin and starched so they "crinkle" like paper when you use them. Tiny holes eventually developed on the stitching at mizuno emblem, and the foam soles started to wear down quickly, then magically everything remained intact (after the 200mile mark)!

I don't know if its because the running form improved (you can see from my wear pattern its all forefoot/lateral wear). but they just remained like that mile after mile afterwards.

I was planning on buying the Wave Universe 3, but these guys are still going strong. You can feel tiny pebbles when running on these so they are very minimal.

As per fit - they fit true to size (addidas/nike sizing) and have a very generous toe box (almost sock like) which is great.

These are my wet weather shoes now. I rotate them with 3 other shoes (NB rc130xlu and puma h streets).

10. samblackbones

samblackbones Senior member

Asics Hyperspeed 3 or 4 for a racing/track/workout shoe. I have been running all of miles in mine and they are shredded but they still feel great on my feet. Missed a run yesterday because I was moving
    [​IMG]
    I hate that.
    Will double a couple of times this week and go long on sat to make up for it.

11. mylesmyles

mylesmyles Senior member

Since I'm a total gearhead below is my list of sneakers and uses for them. When I get some time I'll post pictures.

Adidas Marathon 10's - rainy day runs
    Adidas Boston - half marathon-marathon runs/ tempo runs
    Adidas Trail Response 16 - road to trail runs/ bridle path runs/ rainy day runs
    Brooks T6 Racer - short runs/ speed work (These replaced a pair of Saucony Fastwich 3's I had)
    NB 890's - recovery runs/ long runs
    Pearl Izumi Peak XC - short trail runs/ road to trail runs/ bridle path runs
    Saucony Kinvara - recovery runs/ stairs at the gym
    Saucony Xodus 2 - long trail runs
    Saucony Perregrine - trail runs/ trail races
    VFF's KSO's - once a week to run "barefoot"

and I pretty much only wear UA Draft running socks

12. antirabbit

antirabbit Senior member

Had an amazing run today
    10.5 miles in 1:19:46
    fairly flat (needed after the quad shredding I did at the secret spot yesterday). It was totally sunny and about 43 degrees out. This was a trail system I had not run. It was very beautiful, but too close to roads to totally lose myself in my surroundings.
    I wear my kinvara's like Lawrence MD does his Mizuno's, mine have about 600 or so miles on them and are still going strong, dispite some rips and the soles being worn flat in areas.
    I think after a while the shoes really conform to your running style and begin to compliment your gait.
    Anyhow....
    I use the Kinvaras for everything except technical trails
    Technical trails I wear Inov8 Roclite 295's, which are super bad ass shoes.
    I am also going to get some Peregrines for moderate trails that do not require the extreme traction of the Inov8's (secret spot will always require the Inov8's).

13. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

^all those new INOV8 models are sick. before it was the just the 190 then they came out with those talon 212's and now they have a plethora of minimal shoes for everything.

Im always so tempted to try the INOV8's out.

my shoes are all going strong though, I bought all my current shoes in 2009, even my wife asks sometimes if I need new shoes wondering.

I like that now im into roadbiking again I can spend the extra shoe money on the bike and stuff.

14. antirabbit

antirabbit Senior member

^^^^ I cant tell you how effective they are, also, how totally minimal they are. The 295's are really beefy for Inov8, but yet I can feel the ground very nicely. Mine have a 6 mm drop, so not as radical as the Kinvara's, but on hills etc. its negligible.
    I am going to get a few other pairs that are not so like football shoes.
    Im a huge fan, plus runners warehouse sells them super cheap (I also have a 15% off code).

15. Christian.dk

Christian.dk New Member

Dont know what it is in miles but I ran 5 km.