How many miles did you run today?

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by MonkeyFresh, Jun 25, 2008.

1. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

4 miles, saturday mornings are more a social thing than a training thing. Kg, how you spend 45 minutes on a treadmill is beyond me.

I just get in a zone, I guess. It's pretty boring, true.

2. antirabbit

antirabbit Senior member

I just get in a zone, I guess. It's pretty boring, true.

please share how to get into that zone?
    my foot is hurting badly from my snow run, and need to take it easy, but want to run at least 45 minutes.
    I seriously feel like 30 minutes is going to kill me. I listen to tunes but it still doesnt keep me from focusing on the data on the screen. I guess I could try to cover that.

3. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

please share how to get into that zone?
    my foot is hurting badly from my snow run, and need to take it easy, but want to run at least 45 minutes.
    I seriously feel like 30 minutes is going to kill me. I listen to tunes but it still doesnt keep me from focusing on the data on the screen. I guess I could try to cover that.

I'm a guitarist, and a lot of the music I listen to I also know how to play. What I do is imagine myself playing the notes and chords. Just like in sports, ballet, acting, etc., the visualization helps me when it comes time to actually play a piece.

4. antirabbit

antirabbit Senior member

Im a violinist, Ive listened to all the classical repitore that I know (which is alot) and pieces Im working on, it still is no better.
    You are a dreadmill master sensai!

5. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

Well, tomorrow I'm hitting the pavement fo' sho'. I can't run in three-foot-high snow like you, but I don't think I can do yet another day in a row of dreadmilling. It's supposed to be windy, but no precipitation. (We're in for rain tonight, but I'm hoping the temps stay enough above freezing to create a glaze.)

- K

6. amadar

amadar Senior member

7. SD1

SD1 Senior member

5.1 miles, 8:52 pace.

8. samblackbones

samblackbones Senior member

2.5 miles today to stay loose,
    Getting ready for a 10pm bed-time before getting up at 3:30AM tomorrow
    I feel like I have put in some good training so hopefully tomorrow will go well!
    Got my bib and kit all ready to Go:
    [​IMG]
    will have race report tomorrow!

9. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

10. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

Crappy run this morning"”only 3.6 miles. I won't even post my pace. So much snow, ice, puddles, slush, blech. Still, it was a nice morning out there. I took a couple pics around town, but nothing particularly spectacular. Listened to Bach's Art of the Fugue performed on harpsichord by Davitt Moroney. Perfect music for the run. [​IMG] [​IMG] - K

11. giraffe lookout

giraffe lookout Senior member

I'm curious if anyone has experience with runner's knee? I started to get achy tendons in the back of one of my knees about a year and a half ago. I took it easier, iced it and tried doing some work on my hamstrings etc. However, my knee problems have just lingered. I'm not terribly flexible maybe that is the problem. Anyone have any adivice?

12. SD1

SD1 Senior member

I'm curious if anyone has experience with runner's knee? I started to get achy tendons in the back of one of my knees about a year and a half ago. I took it easier, iced it and tried doing some work on my hamstrings etc. However, my knee problems have just lingered. I'm not terribly flexible maybe that is the problem. Anyone have any adivice?

I had pain in the tender part behind my left knee. I wore a simple knee brace that covered the back of the knee for about 4 months while running and stretched extra long. The problem, knock on wood, has not returned in close to a year.

13. samblackbones

samblackbones Senior member

3:03:57 for me today!
    I think I just missed getting an age group award, but who cares I am so pumped about the whole race.
    Further details to come later in the day - I am off to feast.
    Enjoy the superbowl guys, it has been great to have a digital SF based training group . . . .

14. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

3:03:57 for me today!
    I think I just missed getting an age group award, but who cares I am so pumped about the whole race.
    Further details to come later in the day - I am off to feast.
    Enjoy the superbowl guys, it has been great to have a digital SF based training group . . . .

HOLY SHIT, AWESOME TIME...congrats SBB!

15. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

For me, it was a GLORIOUS day out....lots of melting (enough for alternate side parking to come back tomorrow...shit gotta move the car). About 45 degrees, sunny, so I busted out my shorts for the first time in a while. 7.6 miles, and I took my sweet time, it was so nice out. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] A cooler filled with ice washed ashore, guess summer's not too far away! LOL [​IMG] and the birds were out sunbathing... [​IMG]