• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This a.m., four miles in a light, fresh snow.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by samblackbones
9 during a great sunset in California - but I found myself dragging and uncomfortable after eating garbage and getting 0 sleep. Nothing like a brutal run to remind me why eating/living somewhat healthily is important. did it in just about 1:03 - blegh. Can't wait to watch Houston Half live on saturday, its being broadcast online. I am rooting for R Hall despite his Tim Tebowesque Christian advocacy but hey - if it gets him across the finish of a Half Marathon in less than an hour more power to him. Looking forward to hearing the race report Thomas - I subscribe to the "Rest not Rust" formula during the week before a race, I also find it helpful to keep the feeling of my goal pace fresh in my head.
Yeah, it's a weird feeling to have the elites go out on Saturday, a day before the rest of us. Wonder if that's how they plan on holding the olympic trials next year for the marathon. Actually, the more I think about it, the more obvious it seems. As for me, I took today off to get caught up on sleep (didn't really work). Nothing amiss with the ankles yesterday and today I'm feeling purposeful again. Tomorrow, probably a light run in the morning and then rest up for Sunday. The other issue I'm tip-toeing around involves a sick wife and baby. Last year I ran the half with a bad cold, and this year I've avoided getting sick thus far, and don't want to tip towards sickness for what will be a cool, rainy weekend.

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Still tons of snow on the road, which means another dreadmill workout.

5.17 miles in 45:00 (avg. 8:42 min/mi)

Today's playlist, more YOB:

"Quantum Mystic"
"Grasping Air"
"Kosmos"
"The Mental Tyrant"

I love these guys!

samblackbones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Easy 4 tonight and for some reason I decided to run in a heavier pair of shoes (mizuno wave rider 13s) because I figured more cushoning = more recovery pre marathon. Huge mistake, I felt like I was running in Doc Martins, and the effort needed to run 7:30 miles felt like trying to run sub sixes.

8 days out from my most anticipated race yet and I am nervous about the way my body is feeling. Soreness and fatigue are not what I want to be feeling right now, but I will use this week to try and get rested and mentally prepared for my effort next sunday.

I really enjoyed watiching the millrose games tonight - pretty f*cking awesome event,

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by antirabbit

When Im feeling it, Ill post the pics....they are amazing.

Please do...while its great to hear how much we're running, some shots of the routes (in my mind) make it so much more enjoyable to read, and more motivating to get ****** out there!

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Went out for an easy run - planned for 4 but only did 2.7 before I decided my heart wasn't in it. Nothing hurts, got some decent sleep last night, but not really feeling it. Don't really feel like I'm in command of my body as far as pacing goes. I'm not sick, though, which is a really really good thing all things considered: wife and baby girl have had sniffles and sneezes and whatnot for the past three weeks.

FWIW, I take today's run as a good sign. Generally, the pattern's been: 'weak' day, 'strong' day.

Now if the rain could just hold off another 24 hours, I would be set.

about11oclock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
5.5 ish, doubled up on the south side of the Williamsburg bridge because I like pain

Bill Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ran 6 KM on a treadmill at my look Y this morning.

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pics later today.....
Ran 12 miles....not the 15 I thought I would.
Running in snow is hard....really hard.
The trail had a tracked up part and an untracked up part, I ran half and half.
The track part was nice when there were not mountain bike skid outs which made huge ruts and made for a very unstable surface.
The untracked was generally really nice, except there is very little grip with the trail shoes I have (Northface Fireroad), I have a pair of Inov8 Mudroc 290's on the way which should help.

I did get some fantastic desolate winter pics, Ill contrast them with the Santa Barbara pics!

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here you go, see if you can figure out which is in CA and which is in IL???

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
NICE A.R. Don't know how you run on snow like that...I need plowed paths! Did 6.2 today, some highlights:
IMG_2084.jpg

IMG_2082.jpg

IMG_2090.jpg

IMG_2098.jpg

IMG_2100.jpg

and low lights:
IMG_2104.jpg

I miss my Hilton Head beach runs, and your pics reminded me of em...

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Loving these pics as well, NYR! This looks a lot like what we've got going on here. Inspiration for turning my nose at the dreadmill and hitting the pavement.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads