1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

How many miles did you run today?

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by MonkeyFresh, Jun 25, 2008.

1. Spatlese

Spatlese Senior member

3 mi. just now. I hate running. Hate it. Doesn't come naturally to me, but realize I needed to mix up the indoor gym routine.

2. eg1

eg1 Senior member

5km, followed by another 2km walk because I locked my keys in my car ... [​IMG]

3. quevola

quevola Senior member

4 miles in 32 minutes - my right hammy is giving me grief [​IMG]

4. Syl

Syl Senior member

5k in 33min. been slacking off

5. quevola

quevola Senior member

Ran the Southern California half-marathon this morning. My goal was to run it under 2 hours and I came in at 1:58[​IMG] Going to have to train harder to run my first marathon in May under 4 hours.

[​IMG]

Here I am with my wife and sister-in-law after the race.

6. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Senior member

Congrats, Q. That's really awesome.

7. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

I might try 1.5 tomorrow at the gym.

8. SField

SField Senior member

I might try 1.5 tomorrow at the gym.

we all know that you won't.

9. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Senior member

we all know that you won't.

Come on, man. That's not cool.
    I love making fun of Conne when it's about stupid shit like Broadway and obituaries and not getting laid. But when he's actively trying to improve his life, I've got his back.

10. quevola

quevola Senior member

Congrats, Q. That's really awesome.

thanks Kwilk - how's your training going?

11. forex

forex Senior member

A slow 3 miles (24 minutes). Still sore from Saturday's 12 miles (1:35). Need to buy better running shoes.

How many pairs do you have and how many times a week do you run?
    Also,what are the shoes?I have two pairs of Asics,maybe I should switch to something else if there is anything better.

12. SField

SField Senior member

Come on, man. That's not cool.
    I love making fun of Conne when it's about stupid shit like Broadway and obituaries and not getting laid. But when he's actively trying to improve his life, I've got his back.

You're enabling him. If he was interested in running, he wouldn't say tommorow. It's a Saturday. He has nothing to do. It's the late afternoon. He easily has another 5-7 hours to go running, assuming that he sleeps the same time as a senior citizen. He isn't going to run today.

Why would tommorow be any different?

13. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Senior member

thanks Kwilk - how's your training going?
    Good, actually. I've been running 5 days a week now, and I feel better with each one. I signed up for a 5k in April, so right now training for that has been my main focus. I hope to get back into the racing scene more heavily in the next year.
    You're enabling him. If he was interested in running, he wouldn't say tommorow. It's a Saturday. He has nothing to do. It's the late afternoon. He easily has another 5-7 hours to go running, assuming that he sleeps the same time as a senior citizen. He isn't going to run today.

Why would tommorow be any different?

Alright fine you're right, he's doomed to be a chubby little POS forever.

14. SField

SField Senior member

Good, actually. I've been running 5 days a week now, and I feel better with each one. I signed up for a 5k in April, so right now training for that has been my main focus. I hope to get back into the racing scene more heavily in the next year.

Alright fine you're right, he's doomed to be a chubby little POS forever.

Not forever, just as long as he keeps saying "tommorow", instead of suddenly getting and saying to himself, 'You know what, I'm tired of being a pudge fest. Fuck this, I'm going for a run.'

15. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

I'll be running tomorrow, don't worry. [​IMG]

16. rach2jlc

rach2jlc Senior member Dubiously Honored

I'll be running tomorrow, don't worry. [​IMG]
    Cunny, there are only one or two situations under which you would run 1.5 miles, and of these, I'm skeptical that for a few of them you would run even then. 1) A large grizzly bear was chasing youI'm skeptical that you'd actually run for this. You'd probably go 10 feet, start wheezing, and then try some sort of "reverse psychology" move because you are too lazy to keep running. The bear would maul and eat you. 2) The Good Humor Ice Cream Van was driving past your house, but not stopping or slowing down. I think we could get a good 200-300 yard run out of you for this. 3) The Manager of Panera Bread decided to be funny and make you run around the store a few times in order to get your shitty breakfast sandwich. You'd run, but you'd cry first. 3) Estelle Getty's airplane is making a quick layover in Columbus. Now for THIS I think we might get you to run almost a mile just for the chance to see her buying a Slushee from the "Orange Julius." You'd get 700... 800 yards into it, get a major charlie horse, shin splints, pain in your sides, the Bends, blurred vision, Whooping Cough, and then a heart murmur.

17. quevola

quevola Senior member

How many pairs do you have and how many times a week do you run?
    Also,what are the shoes?I have two pairs of Asics,maybe I should switch to something else if there is anything better.

I currently rotate New Balance, Pearl Isumi and Adidas. I noticed that the majority of runners today were using Asics, which I will pick up a pair for the marathon.

I'm currently running:
    Monday: 3 miles
    Tuesdy: 4 miles
    Thursday: 4 miles
    Saturday: 8 to 12 miles

18. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Senior member

5.5 miles in 39 minutes...been slowing down in this cold...

19. feynmix

feynmix Senior member

20. TPoorthuis

TPoorthuis New Member

Started running to train for a marathon later this year. This week I did 7.5 mile in 1h01.
    Also injured my knee, so we'll see how running will go this week.